All aboard the SMEP train!

Full on AF today.

And of course, the day I should ovulate this month, I'll be out of town.

This is so frustrating! ! ! !

Aww, winnipeg! So sorry AF got you! Will you be out of town the day before/after ovulation? You can at least give it a sporting chance! :spermy::spermy:

I woke up this morning with impending :witch: twinges. We'll see when she shows up for sure this time! I'm on CD28, and my plan this cycle was to test Friday (CD31) if she hadn't shown yet. I'm guessing tomorrow? As soon as she gets here, I'm having those OPKs shipped! On to the next round!

I had a really weird conversation with DH this weekend. I casually mentioned that I want to "try a new method" this month, and that I was going to invest in some OPKs. And, really oddly, he got SUPER offended. He was arguing that he wants to DtD because he WANTS to DtD, and becoming pregnant is a natural effect that will eventually happen. He kind of insinuated that I only want to DtD to have a baby and not because I love him. It made me really really angry. We (eventually) had a calm conversation about it, and straightened everything out, but it's made me a little worried about this process.

I leave CD12 and I'm back CD14 so we can likely catch it.

That's tough! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. :/

Full on AF today.

And of course, the day I should ovulate this month, I'll be out of town.

This is so frustrating! ! ! !

grrrr!!!:gun:
and yes, this is so frustrating. the entire ttc process, if you do anything more than just leaving it up to fate, sucks. it's just a roller coaster that, so far, has no end in sight.:sad1: but we're all on the same roller coaster, so at least we've got that!:friends: hang in there...do something just for you today.:flow:

I woke up this morning with impending :witch: twinges. We'll see when she shows up for sure this time! I'm on CD28, and my plan this cycle was to test Friday (CD31) if she hadn't shown yet. I'm guessing tomorrow? As soon as she gets here, I'm having those OPKs shipped! On to the next round!

I had a really weird conversation with DH this weekend. I casually mentioned that I want to "try a new method" this month, and that I was going to invest in some OPKs. And, really oddly, he got SUPER offended. He was arguing that he wants to DtD because he WANTS to DtD, and becoming pregnant is a natural effect that will eventually happen. He kind of insinuated that I only want to DtD to have a baby and not because I love him. It made me really really angry. We (eventually) had a calm conversation about it, and straightened everything out, but it's made me a little worried about this process.

ah yes, i've had a conversation similar to that. in fact, even after 5 months of trying, a bfp and a miscarriage, we still hit that wall. i don't think guys realize how all consuming it becomes. at least for me, and a lot of women...:shrug: but i also think having those conversations is SO important. to see where both sides are coming from and figure out where the middle is. i think for us, having sex with my husband during times that he KNOWS are not fertile days makes the whole "i got a positive OPK, it's go time!" a little less offensive (for lack of a better word?) to my husband. also talking about how soon you each want a baby...:shrug: if he's not in a hurry, or doesn't want to actively try, his reaction may just be normal. or, and this would never work for me and my husband, but i also think there are couples that the woman doesn't really tell the husband about when it's positive or not. she just subtly initiates when she's in her fertile window and doesn't worry about the rest, doing it when she wants and letting the husband do the same.:shrug: i don't know. it's tough. i hope you were able to end the conversation in a way that allows it to be discussed more, if it needs to be.:hugs:

I leave CD12 and I'm back CD14 so we can likely catch it.

That's tough! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. :/

winnipeg, there's always a chance!! just jump him before you leave and then again when you get back!:blush::haha:

ah yes, i've had a conversation similar to that. in fact, even after 5 months of trying, a bfp and a miscarriage, we still hit that wall. i don't think guys realize how all consuming it becomes. at least for me, and a lot of women...:shrug: but i also think having those conversations is SO important. to see where both sides are coming from and figure out where the middle is. i think for us, having sex with my husband during times that he KNOWS are not fertile days makes the whole "i got a positive OPK, it's go time!" a little less offensive (for lack of a better word?) to my husband. also talking about how soon you each want a baby...:shrug: if he's not in a hurry, or doesn't want to actively try, his reaction may just be normal. or, and this would never work for me and my husband, but i also think there are couples that the woman doesn't really tell the husband about when it's positive or not. she just subtly initiates when she's in her fertile window and doesn't worry about the rest, doing it when she wants and letting the husband do the same.:shrug: i don't know. it's tough. i hope you were able to end the conversation in a way that allows it to be discussed more, if it needs to be.:hugs:

Thanks Jumpingo :hugs: I think we DID leave the conversation in a good place, if unresolved. I don't really want to be sneaky about the whole "schedule" part either. I think the process of TTC can be so lonely for women as it is (thank goodness I found these forums!), and I don't want to foster an environment where either one of us feels like we're shouldering the burden of the "work". I'd REALLY like the TTC process to NOT feel like work, if at all possible. Last cycle I tried out a "morning warning" system... like "oh heyyyyyy... our chances are probably reallllly good over the next few days. So I'll see you tonight!" :winkwink: It seemed to work out pretty well. I guess the introduction of OPKs pushed him over the edge though. I did explain that I'm not sure I'm going to use them long term, but I'd like to try them and see what I can learn about my body, and that seemed to reframe the issue for him. Like, it's not so much about trying to limit how much we have to :bunny: and more about me learning at what point in my cycle I actually O, how long my LP is, etc.

If only :witch: would show up now so we can start! I feel her lurking, but she hasn't shown her face yet.

I am 1-2dpo today after SMEPing! I am glad of the rest now. We BDed on CD, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18 :haha: suspected Ovulation CD 17-18. Really hoping the :spermy: have done their job! Really hoping that month 7 is our lucky month!!!!!

Thanks Jumpingo :hugs: I think we DID leave the conversation in a good place, if unresolved. I don't really want to be sneaky about the whole "schedule" part either. I think the process of TTC can be so lonely for women as it is (thank goodness I found these forums!), and I don't want to foster an environment where either one of us feels like we're shouldering the burden of the "work". I'd REALLY like the TTC process to NOT feel like work, if at all possible. Last cycle I tried out a "morning warning" system... like "oh heyyyyyy... our chances are probably reallllly good over the next few days. So I'll see you tonight!" :winkwink: It seemed to work out pretty well. I guess the introduction of OPKs pushed him over the edge though. I did explain that I'm not sure I'm going to use them long term, but I'd like to try them and see what I can learn about my body, and that seemed to reframe the issue for him. Like, it's not so much about trying to limit how much we have to :bunny: and more about me learning at what point in my cycle I actually O, how long my LP is, etc.

If only :witch: would show up now so we can start! I feel her lurking, but she hasn't shown her face yet.

yeah, it would never work for me either. we talk about everything that hiding it would be 1, impossible and 2, would make it so hard for my husband when i was upset about something and not able to explain or tell him. in the beginning, he said it was sort of a bit of performance pressure, knowing i had gotten a positive. but now my husband "ttc trash talks" when i talk about BD timing. basically saying ridiculous things like how he's gonna put a baby in me, and have aaalll the sex until i get pregnant, etc etc. it's actually pretty funny but he also realizes it stresses me out to no end and making me laugh (and having sex when he knows it's important) is all he can do to deal with my craziness.:wacko: i also think temping and using OPKs is an awesome way to learn about your cycle and SO many things made sense in hindsight. like for me, i knew i got super emotional once a month or so, but finding out it's at the same time every month makes it easier for my husband to know it's just hormones and not actually usually anything "wrong" and i can anticipate it to "manage" it better too sometimes.:roll::haha: bodies are so weird! haha! anyway, glad to hear you were able to explain yourself and hopefully the idea grows on him a bit too.:winkwink:

I am 1-2dpo today after SMEPing! I am glad of the rest now. We BDed on CD, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18 :haha: suspected Ovulation CD 17-18. Really hoping the :spermy: have done their job! Really hoping that month 7 is our lucky month!!!!!

go girl! gettin' it!:haha: i am 5dpo today. BDed on 6, 8, 10, 12, 13 with O on CD13, i think. not exactly SMEP to the T, but my OPKs never went positive. i have been working out and drinking too much water!:dohh: but there was a definite progression to darkest on CD11 and 12 and then they faded and i got a temp spike on CD14. so, we'll see! i'm testing on the 25th before my colposcopy appt. i'll be 12dpo, so should be fairly accurate...:shrug: i got my bfp last time on 14dpo, but didn't test earlier, so not sure. fingers crossed for all of us!!!:flow:

Hahaha too much of it jumpingo. I am enjoying the rest :haha: Still even if it wasn't SMEP to the T you had a very good go! We missed a day, but sure made up for it hehe. Needed to with the late ovulation this month.
Not long at all until you can test now!!!!! :happydance: Hoping you get that :bfp:
I am due AF on 28/3 so we will see what happens, just hope this late ovulation hasn't hindered things!
On a good note, I have my day 21 progesterone blood test booked in for Tuesday :happydance:. Hopefully that will give me some answers. :dust:

Hi ladies...Can I join? Not on the SPEM just yet. Waiting for AF to show after my miscarriage in January. But you better believe the day she shows up, I'm jumping aboard. I used to have 35 day cycles. I'm now at 22 day since I passed the last of the tissue.
I know some of you from other threads. Just feeling down and want to ladies to talk to who understand.

tankel!!! welcome aboard!!!:wave::hugs:

when i get to my computer today i will add you to the first page of march SMEPers.:thumbup:

i've been feeling down the last couple days too. what's up? (sometimes it feels like i'm sad for no apparent reason, but if there's something particular on your mind, we're always here!!:friends:)

:hugs: thanks, jumpingo. I'm just sick of waiting for af. These last couple weeks have been crazy. I got a positive okp on wed am, friday pm, and I just got another one. I have no idea what my body is doing, when af will show, or what cd I'm on. the dh and I are not normally marathon bd'ers and smep is kinda hard for us, but what ever works. We have not been bding enough for all these crazy opks!

ugh, that does sound confusing and frustrating!!:nope:

i would almost say to just have sex when you actually feel like it this cycle, and then get a fresh start after AF shows.:shrug: did you have any your hcg levels checked after your mc? (sorry, can't remember if you've said elsewhere that you did.:dohh:)

No I didnt. No doctor would see me outside the emergency room and I don't have insurance so I skipped it. I had no medical assistance throughout this whole ordeal! Im flying my the seat of my pants. We are def. just bd when we feel like it while we wait for af. but I must confess I wanted to get pregnant again right away so I've been trying to feel like it more around o :haha:. If only I knew when that was

that stinks that no one would really help.:sad1: having said that, the OB clinic on base (pretty much my only choice if i want it to be covered by insurance) was HORRENDOUS. it almost would have been better NOT dealing with them.:roll::gun: so at least you spared yourself that risk! heh.

i wanted to be pregnant asap, but due to some travel plans in september, we waited. it was probably better for me...i was inconsolable for over a month and finally got myself out of the house in mid january. i started working out and trying to "take care" of other aspects, so that i would be okay when it was time to get back on the ttc train.:roll:

is there anything you want to get done before another bfp? maybe something to take your mind on the craziness that is happening with your cycle, even just for a bit each day? i found that really helped me, at least.:shrug:

Life is always busy, you know, so there are other things that I could pour my energy into until af decides to stop by. I'm doing pretty good (all told) just anxious to have a sticky bean. I've been focusing on working out to get in better shape for a :bfp: and I have put the dh back on the ttc health plan (vitamins, more sleep, exercise...).

Hi all!

5-6 dpo here! Obviously too early to have any symptoms. Just hoping the cramps stay away this month as this is always an indication that AF is on the way for me. Due AF on Saturday so not long to wait. Also if AF is coming I will start spotting on Thursday (this always happens now so I know its not implantation) so at least I will know sooner.
I have a really nasty cold at the moment which should stop me from symptom spotting I hope :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->