All aboard the SMEP train!

Wow Jump, I'm so sorry for all you've been through! You seem super strong so I know you'll get through it :) It's awesome the kind of outlet this forum allows. You can vent and share your thoughts and feelings with no judgment!! I pray things will get better for you and your family :hugs:

I love how you guys are keeping this train going! SMEP hasn't worked too well for DH and I this month :nope: I think I was wayyy to excited about it and and he was feeling the pressure too much and we fell off schedule :( Will try to be more conspicuous next month! We managed to dtd on CD 8, 10, and yesterday (CD 15). This is my first month using opks and temping. My chart looks pitiful haha, but what do you guys think? I'm having a hard time telling if I've gotten a positive opk yet.

https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r235/Danielle_Thibideau/20150315_1115031_zpsv4ghljq3.jpg

Thanks for all the advice :) :hugs:
oh yes, driving the train, as always!!:howdy: sometimes recklessly or totally off roading...er, off-railing?:haha:

i would guess you are getting close but not quite positive yet. i'm not sure the CD15 is positive, though did it look darker in person at 5 minutes?

Wow Jump, I'm so sorry for all you've been through! You seem super strong so I know you'll get through it :) It's awesome the kind of outlet this forum allows. You can vent and share your thoughts and feelings with no judgment!! I pray things will get better for you and your family :hugs:
yeah, it's been a roller coaster of a year, really.:nope: my birthday was the 5th and all i asked for for my birthday was a less roller coastery year this year.:dohh:

:friends: oh jump, you are such a lovely lady. I hope things settle down for you soon.

I'm so sorry Jump. :hugs: It has been so eye-opening to go through this process. It hasn't really been anything that I expected. But I guess my expectations have been heavily influenced by television, movies, and the easy experiences of close friends. I mean, in the movies, it's either a happy surprise, or a fertility battle. No one really tells you about this sort of in the middle situation where your battles don't rise to the level of movie-fertility issues, but there aren't any happy surprises either. I'm starting to feel like I am waging war against my own body sometimes... like it's SUPPOSED to do this ONE THING, and it's not. And if I had a MC on top of the feelings I'm having... well... I'd probably be crying too. Take care of yourself right now. You deserve it.

I'm so sorry Jump. :hugs: It has been so eye-opening to go through this process. It hasn't really been anything that I expected. But I guess my expectations have been heavily influenced by television, movies, and the easy experiences of close friends. I mean, in the movies, it's either a happy surprise, or a fertility battle. No one really tells you about this sort of in the middle situation where your battles don't rise to the level of movie-fertility issues, but there aren't any happy surprises either. I'm starting to feel like I am waging war against my own body sometimes... like it's SUPPOSED to do this ONE THING, and it's not. And if I had a MC on top of the feelings I'm having... well... I'd probably be crying too. Take care of yourself right now. You deserve it.

these two parts. exactly.

i have begun to believe that we really don't get what we "deserve." for better or for worse, we don't get anything based on how good or bad, nice or mean, etc etc we are. when we have been mean or bad or whatever, this is a good thing, but when all we desperately want is the one thing we can't seem to get, and we are good and do everything like we are supposed to and we still don't get it? it really f'ing sucks.:nope::sad1:

sorry... i try hard to be positive and peek my head out of my basement of pessimism, because i know it's good for me, but this cycle i am sitting right on my butt in the middle of the basement and not movin'!!:sulk:

HA.

any champion opk readers around here? Can you please look at these an tell me if you think you see a positive? I am not expecting to O until the weekend but this is my first proper cycle since my MC, and my cycles may have changed.

SMEP: only got in two days. Missed on sunday and despite trying yesterday, it was a no go. I hope I didn't o yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5
Update: I got a true positive opk today so we are chugging along the SMEP track. This is the part where we typically lose steam. I really hope the dh can stay strong for a few more rounds. :winkwink:

i have begun to believe that we really don't get what we "deserve." for better or for worse, we don't get anything based on how good or bad, nice or mean, etc etc we are. when we have been mean or bad or whatever, this is a good thing, but when all we desperately want is the one thing we can't seem to get, and we are good and do everything like we are supposed to and we still don't get it? it really f'ing sucks.:nope::sad1:

sorry... i try hard to be positive and peek my head out of my basement of pessimism, because i know it's good for me, but this cycle i am sitting right on my butt in the middle of the basement and not movin'!!:sulk:

HA.

Yeah, Jump. I get where you're at. Based on this thread, and a teeny bit of post-stalking I've done of you, :blush: I think we are fairly similar in how we try to approach this whole thing. It's a whole "the glass is half full because there's no use in it being half empty" approach which I think works MOST of the time, but every now and then YOU KNOW WHAT? THE GLASS IS F-ING HALF EMPTY, PEOPLE. And everyone around can just suck it. Soooo... yeah. I think plopping down in the basement is just fine and healthy! Also, I'm pretty sure it's one of the stages of grief, so it's also totally expected. Just don't stay there!

Good luck in the next couple of days Tankel! There's a light at the end of your tunnel! CHOO CHOO!!

AFM: :coffee: 5DPO, but it feels like its been WEEKS. I've promised not to symptom spot until 7DPO, but what that really means is I've decided not to be excited because I think I might be pregnant or sad because I've decided I can't be for at least another 2 days. I'm obviously VERY interested in any crampy twinge I get. There were two today. One at 8:47 AM, one around 1:15. :haha:

Yeah, Jump. I get where you're at. Based on this thread, and a teeny bit of post-stalking I've done of you, :blush: I think we are fairly similar in how we try to approach this whole thing. It's a whole "the glass is half full because there's no use in it being half empty" approach which I think works MOST of the time, but every now and then YOU KNOW WHAT? THE GLASS IS F-ING HALF EMPTY, PEOPLE. And everyone around can just suck it. Soooo... yeah. I think plopping down in the basement is just fine and healthy! Also, I'm pretty sure it's one of the stages of grief, so it's also totally expected. Just don't stay there!

Good luck in the next couple of days Tankel! There's a light at the end of your tunnel! CHOO CHOO!!

AFM: :coffee: 5DPO, but it feels like its been WEEKS. I've promised not to symptom spot until 7DPO, but what that really means is I've decided not to be excited because I think I might be pregnant or sad because I've decided I can't be for at least another 2 days. I'm obviously VERY interested in any crampy twinge I get. There were two today. One at 8:47 AM, one around 1:15. :haha:

yeah, it seems just about everyone here is a :ninja: stalker!:haha:<3

i tend to think that externally, i give off a glass is half full vibe, but internally i'm totally thinking, "wtf, my glass is TOTALLY half empty.":roll:

also love that "not symptom spotting" still includes timestamped cramp observations. give in to the symptom spotting, girl!:rofl: and by that i mean, let yourself notice them, add it to FF and then, move on.:haha:

eta: when are you testing? i'm 5 or 6dpo too...:coffee:

I'm gonna call it 1 dpo around here. Although I am subject to change that. I am going to continue to take opks for another week just because if I need to poas. Actually, O was't due until Sunday ish, and I just want to make sure that my positive (ie the line was almost as dark as the control) was really the positive. If everything stays the same, I'm going to test next Sat at 10 dpo.

tankel, welcome to the horrible two week wait!:roll::haha: but really, i do hope it is the tww for you. i hope the OPKs cooperate (aka don't go positive on you:gun:) and you can relax.:thumbup:

Ha! I am more worried about the dh. This marathon is messing with him. We are not :sex: every other day people normally (or at least he isn't :blush:). I told him he is not off the hook yet. Hopefully, he has another week in him just in case. I would hate to get a surprise pos next week and not have bd for a days before. Because of his injury, I think he has some :spermy: quality issues. I'm not sure as he was never seen my a dr, but from what I know, It doesn't seem like his swimmers are the kind that can live for 5 days!

I have NO IDEA when to test. If my cycle follows the 31 day pattern it had the last two months, then I'll be due for AF on March 23. March 23 would be 11DPO. SO. Maybe the 24th? I'd almost be happier for a later AF, because I'm hoping for a longer LP than 11 days. But looking back at my posts from last cycle, I think I O later and probably DO have a shorter LP than I'd prefer.

Thoughts? I have 3 FRERs in my cupboard. :winkwink:

Hello all! Getting back on the SMEP train please. I was prepared to board in February, but we got a surprise BFP before we could start. Things didn't work out though, so I'm back and ready to get with the program as soon as it's time (hopefully about 6 weeks!). Thought I'd troll until then and see how it's going for you ladies. Good luck to all!

I have NO IDEA when to test. If my cycle follows the 31 day pattern it had the last two months, then I'll be due for AF on March 23. March 23 would be 11DPO. SO. Maybe the 24th? I'd almost be happier for a later AF, because I'm hoping for a longer LP than 11 days. But looking back at my posts from last cycle, I think I O later and probably DO have a shorter LP than I'd prefer.

Do you track o at all? or do you just go by your average cycle length?

I used an OPK this month, so I have verification on my O date. I was going by average cycle length before that, but I was getting suspicious cramping AFTER the date O was estimated at, which is why I thought it might be later.

Again at CD31 WITH no sign of AF. not sure when I ovulated. Frustrating!

katiemk: If you know when you o'd the best time to test is after 10 dpo. At least that is when I start.

katiemk: If you know when you o'd the best time to test is after 10 dpo. At least that is when I start.
i agree with tankel, at least 10dpo. i "try" :haha: to wait until 12, but usually cave. haha

Hello all! Getting back on the SMEP train please. I was prepared to board in February, but we got a surprise BFP before we could start. Things didn't work out though, so I'm back and ready to get with the program as soon as it's time (hopefully about 6 weeks!). Thought I'd troll until then and see how it's going for you ladies. Good luck to all!
Dandi!!:wave: welcome back! (sucks you had to come "back" but you are always welcome - and no trolling! join the conversation:winkwink:) want me to add you to april, for now? first april SMEPer, woot woot!:happydance:

Again at CD31 WITH no sign of AF. not sure when I ovulated. Frustrating!
oh winni...AF is just messing with you every month isn't she!?:gun::trouble: what CD did she show last time??

I am not using this brand of opk again. Every day it is almost positive! I have no idea when I o'd if I o'd already. Yuck...That is why the SMEP is so good. I just gotta keep chugging along . :sex: every other days for at least another week. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->