Alton Towers?

Mrs R

Reaction score
Thinking of ideas for a weekend away and Alton Towers has come up. We'll be travelling with 2x 4 years olds and a 2 year old and it would be in December.

Can anybody tell whats in Alton Towers and if its suitable for this age group??

Its a throw up between Disneyland Paris and this so it needs to be convincing :winkwink::winkwink:

In December, Alton Towers Theme Park will be shut. They may open it for special days however.

There is two hotels, Alton Towers & Splash Landings. At Splash Landings, there is the indoor Water Park (open all year round I believe.)

We went to Splash Landings Hotel beginning of January. They opened certain rides in Alton Towers (all children's rides, none of the big ones). It was for a one weekend only deal. £230 for 2 nights B&B, entrance into Alton Towers + Entrance into Splash Landings Water Park (normally have to pay extra to go in) for 4 of us.

Personally I'd go to Disneyland in December if the option is there!!!
Went to Alton towers a few weeks ago and with little kids the only thing really would be their cbeebies land but doubt that would be open in December.

Didn't realise it was closed. Thanks

Deffo go for Disneyland Paris at that time of year. They'll be gearing up for Christmas and it's spectacular. Disney go all out, where as even if Alton Towers is open it won't be as special.

Disneyland for sure!! Alton Towers is okay but would be shut in december and wouldnt be a patch in disneyland anyway!

I live 20 minutes from Alton towers so I've been a lot, wouldn't recommend it really with little kids just because some rides are shut and it isn't as magical and entertaining as Disney land would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->