anixety panic attacks and depression surpport group

Postpartum mood changes can range from transient “blues” immediately following childbirth to an episode of major depression to severe, incapacitating, psychotic depression. Studies suggest that women who experience major depression after childbirth very often have had prior depressive episodes even though they may not have been diagnosed and treated.

So glad to of found this group :)
My name is Belle and I am 19, 20 in november. I have had severe depression (along with anxiety issues that cause it, i guess) from my early teens, probably even longer. I'm so glad I found a place on here to help support me and others with similar issues and help get us through :D

I'm on meds to help my depression - Flouexetine. I'm also on Abilify and was on Lorezapam for a few months recently for my anxiety. I've become a regular for picking up these kinds of meds xD

Recently I've been feeling a little low again, especially today with it being an anniversary of a loss. :/ I feel better than earlier, though. Which is good.

My mum thinks I have bipolar right now, anyone else had any experience with getting a diagnosis? I might try get one, idk...

hope you dont mind me joining you,but can deffo relate, in my case, depressions, bpd (mood swings) and anxiety attacks.. really struggle sometimes

hi girls

ive just started a anti depressent today to treat my fibro pain as its a good relaxer but was just wondering does any one get adrenaline rushes with there anixety mine are really bad and happen for no reaso at all sometimes they arent that bad they only raise ny heart rate to 90 which isnt fast for a panic attack the gp checked it but they make me feel really worn out and im looseing lost of weight. the go mentioned it could be adrenal fatigue as ive been theorugh losts if stress so was just wondering if anyones had this ive got to go back in a mionth for tests once the pain reduces x

Hi soph, I really hope the anti-d's help, as for anxiety, yes you get an adreniline rush because your heart is pumping blood faster around yor body meaning oxygen is also being pumped faster around your body. this is normal during an anxiety attack *hugs* try to count slowly or do breathing exercises.

hi ladies,
how is everyone today? I went to see my GP and had my antideps put up, so hopefully I'll start to feel better quite soon :D

i have my fingers crossed for you vicki!!!! let us know how you feel if you notice any differences ok?

Postpartum mood changes can range from transient “blues” immediately following childbirth to an episode of major depression to severe, incapacitating, psychotic depression. Studies suggest that women who experience major depression after childbirth very often have had prior depressive episodes even though they may not have been diagnosed and treated.

i suffered from psychotic depression and was put on anti-psychotics for a while to help. it was during a really stressful time in my life. it was the scariest thing, i was hearing voices in my head telling me to kill myself, and i kept seeing things im scared of like needles being in my arm. i tore my arm to pieces once trying to take out a needle...that wasnt there.

Hi bornthisway! welcome to the group i really hope we can help you feel better, even if its justa smudge because we understand exactly how you feel as we are all going through very similar things.
one thing i will say is if you suspect its bipolar you should definatly give your doctor a call and ask them about it, there can be different medications to take if your diagnosed bipolar, that will help control mood swings. its important your very honest with your doctor to get the right diagnoses *hugs* it can be scary but you'll be ok! we're right here with you x

hope you dont mind me joining you,but can deffo relate, in my case, depressions, bpd (mood swings) and anxiety attacks.. really struggle sometimes

of course we dont mind you joining us! welcome to our group! every thing you've listed we all suffer from one or more of those things, so your surrounded by people who understand what your goign through, and how hard it can be sometimes to just get up in the morning :hugs: you can come here to cry rant just scream about how your feeling, or if your feeling positive, or need encouragement..we're right here.

thinking about each and everyone of you today!

it was my birthday the other day and i turned 24..it was the most non-existent day ever, it made me feel quite low, on top of that ive been super moody with my OH i feel bad for him but i feel so depressed in the evenings when hes working, it frustrates me. hopefully this will pass in a day or 2

hi ladies,

devnty - I haven't had PND but I've had psychotic issues too in the past, and been on antipsychotics. It was a difficult time.

Bornthisway - I think you should try to get a diagnosis, sometimes it can change your life around. I struggled to cope with my mental health before I got a diagnosis - I was sad when I got it, BUT it did change me. I learned to accept the illness and I started to move forward. Acceptance is a huge part of any mental illness.

hope_fear - welcome :D you can definitely join us. I hope you feel a little better today, you know where we are.

pepsi-chic - why was 24 so non-existant for you? I've had a few birthday's like that in the past - I'm 29 in 3 weeks and I'm already looking forward to it. I hope you feel a little better today, in some way.

My thoughts are with everyone today.
The meds are going well so far, the only side-effect is a weird pins and needles coldness; but I'm not concerned and neither is my GP. Otherwise I feel quite good so far. The test is this weekend - it's my son's birthday party tomorrow... it's pretty huge as it's the first one since the boys came to live with us!!!!! I'm very excited but a little nervous - I made the birthday cake myself.

My thoughts are with everyone today.
The meds are going well so far, the only side-effect is a weird pins and needles coldness; but I'm not concerned and neither is my GP. Otherwise I feel quite good so far. The test is this weekend - it's my son's birthday party tomorrow... it's pretty huge as it's the first one since the boys came to live with us!!!!! I'm very excited but a little nervous - I made the birthday cake myself.

my birthday sucked because everyone forgot it more or less, the only people who didnt were my family back in the UK and i didnt even get to talk to them. no-one here int he US got me a card or anything, not the in-laws, OH or from the baby. felt so alone too because my husband was suppose to have the day off and he did...but then he spent the whole day in his office working anyway. was just really crappy.

I just realized your a foster mummy, thats such a wonderful thing to do, let alone when you have depression! well done you! I hope the party goes smoothly for you, take pics of the cake! i cant bake cakes to save my life, but i can make a wonderful lasagna.

Hi girls, just wondering, did your anxiety get worse after having a baby? I always feel happy and relaxed around children and i think that becoming a mum may help somewhat with my social anxiety.

Hi girls, just wondering, did your anxiety get worse after having a baby? I always feel happy and relaxed around children and i think that becoming a mum may help somewhat with my social anxiety.

for me...no not really its about the same but it was always really high. I can imagien though it would get worse if you had it mild-moderate before, as it has the room to get worse and when you have a baby especially the first few months theres a lot of pressure on you as a parent.

I feel so alone it is untrue.... My son is 16 daughter 14 and I have just had a little girl 4 months old.... age gap aint the word :haha: I was with my partner for only 6 months when i got caught pregnant. so its safe to day i really did not know him that well... when I was 4 months pregnant I found out he was sending emails on line to other women (without going into detail) telling them what he wanted to do to them. he carried on with these websites without me knowing and was on swinging websites... in the 6 months leading up to me getting pregnant we slept together about 4/5 times... when i got pregnat we didnt sleep together for over a year (babyu was 4 months old when we slept together for the first time since i got pregnant) and we have not slept together since. he never cuddles me never wants to have sex doesnt take us anywhere.. but goes golf every other saturday..... I dont work he does (he works 5/6 days a week building work so is tired i get this but he seems to think i dont do anything and if we have an argument all he says is i work all week..... blah blah blah.... like i dont do anything!!!!!!!! anyway we had abig argument today i went for a walk and he is still in the pub... and i really dont think he has any intention of coming home!!!!!! i feel so alone really alone i have no family to speak of other than my gorgeous kids but they starting out on their own lives and i cant cry on their shoulder.... so your not alone babe its hard really hard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi ladies,
i am now just over 2 weeks on my new meds - things were going well and I feel better in myself BUT i have a weird side effect. Whenever I have strong feelings about something (happy or sad) I get horrible pins and needles, and this weird cold goosebumpy feeling - it's odd. It's not painful as such, but quite uncomfortable and odd.

Hey girls, do you mind if I join?
Since something happened at 6 years old, I've been on and off with depression (what I know of) I've tried committing suicide and self harmed. Since my MC 6 weeks ago I've finally cracked, and after an emotional day I have admitted... I need help.
So what's my next step to do? x x

Ahhhh I really cannot take things ANYMORE!! I really do just want to give up :cry:

hi jess, im sorry your having such a rough time, reading your two above posts, i do think you need help to control how your feeling so that you dont act upon it.

the first step you need to take is to give your doctor a call and explain how your feeling, sometimes talking over the phone can be easier then saying it in person. otherwise write how your feeling down and give it to him to read at an appointment. he will then either give you a prescription for anti-depressants, or make an appointment for you to be assessed or seen by a psychiatrist. he may even refer you for CBT.

hi jess,
you need to get some help hun, things won't get better by themselves. maybe you could go see your GP and get referred for some counselling?

Thanks PepsiChic and vicki.mummy, I know I need help.
I just get soo down sometimes. What's CBT?
I'm at my fathers at the moment, and I won't be home until a few weeks away. Therefore I can't get help until then :( xx

hi ladies

Just wanted to come on and ask if I could join. I know I have a relatively minor issue compared to some ladies on here but I've just come back from the Drs and have been put on citalopram in order to stop my depression. I didn't know I had depression - I also have an underactive thyroid and had put my symptoms down to that not being medicated correctly but after 1 year of blood tests and tablets my dose is correct and I still have my subdued feelings, lack of concentration, paranoia, exhaustion and teary feeling. I have been put onto 20mg a day. I'm not particularly happy about having this diagnosis - I was so proud of myself for avoiding PND and being a happy person. There is a history in my family and the Dr has said it's hereditary and chances are I will always need medication.

I have read a lot of this thread and I feel that compared to some I have no reason to need this, but I cracked today that I needed help. My husband agreed I should go, and he to is disappointed about it as I don't think either he or I want that 'label' of depression but at least this is the beginning of the end.

I just wanted to give :hugs: to all ladies on here. You are all so brave and reading this thread I really am humbled.

about 2 years ago my husband and my 2 year old daughter moved and I started having panic attacks/anxiety.. I started noticing my heart race and skip beats.. which made everything 10x's worse! I went to ER twice and did about 3 EKG and they said everythign was fine!

Since I have became pregnant I have noticed more and more heart skips which is putting me into a panic mode!

Hey ladies, can i join you all? I am struggling with pregnancy anxiety and depression.. i am on meds and am in counseling now. however its a hard battle and would love to talk to you all about my struggles and yours!

hi ladies

Just wanted to come on and ask if I could join. I know I have a relatively minor issue compared to some ladies on here but I've just come back from the Drs and have been put on citalopram in order to stop my depression. I didn't know I had depression - I also have an underactive thyroid and had put my symptoms down to that not being medicated correctly but after 1 year of blood tests and tablets my dose is correct and I still have my subdued feelings, lack of concentration, paranoia, exhaustion and teary feeling. I have been put onto 20mg a day. I'm not particularly happy about having this diagnosis - I was so proud of myself for avoiding PND and being a happy person. There is a history in my family and the Dr has said it's hereditary and chances are I will always need medication.

I have read a lot of this thread and I feel that compared to some I have no reason to need this, but I cracked today that I needed help. My husband agreed I should go, and he to is disappointed about it as I don't think either he or I want that 'label' of depression but at least this is the beginning of the end.

I just wanted to give :hugs: to all ladies on here. You are all so brave and reading this thread I really am humbled.

i dont feel i 'legitimately' suffer from depression if u know wat i mean. Like- nothing ever bad happened, i was happy go lucky then somethin clicked when i was about 15. It was weird but i just became unhappy. I hated being labelled and i find people that know can often jump on the 'are u on ur meds/ are you havin a low day' bandwagon when its nothin to do with depression and i just have a normal bad day. Now i feel i have accepted different people react to different things and i believe a hormonal balance is a big influence in my case. I can recognise my own triggers now and my coping techniques are gettin better so i have hope that someday i'l get off my tablets permanently. I hope u get the support u need and dont beat yourself up for getting this diagnosis :hugs:

hey girls hope everyone is ok?

been feeling fantastic after being on my meds for 3 months but today im having a down day :(

feeling extremely broody (as is OH) and we have to wait another 3 months to start ttc.

i feel as if its my fault we couldnt start when we wanted to because i needed to go back on the meds (OH tells me not to be silly he would rather me be healthy in body/mind before we have a baby). EVERYONE around me seems to be pregnant i have real bump envy!

this was a bit of a pointless post but needed to get it out xxx:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->