Announcing

Flannz94

Reaction score
Officially moving over to the first tri board!

When is everyone going to be announcing to family/friends?

I would like to be able to do it at Christmas, but I’m pretty adamant about waiting until closer to 12 weeks (i’ll be 7 weeks at Christmas)

I just announced at thanksgiving at 6 weeks bc I wasn’t going to get the chance again for a looong time if at all by the time baby is due. Also last year I waited and I regretted it bc we did find a fatal diagnosis at 12 weeks and ended up having the worst case scenario and a stillbirth at 25 weeks and it was the most isolating experience

I announced to family at 8wks as I’m one that feels if worst case scenario at 12wk scan then I have lots of support around me but didn’t announce to the world until after scan xx

Congratulations!

I'm 5 weeks with a very much unplanned and unexpected little one (#1) and honestly have no idea how or when to tell people. My boyfriend and a couple very close friends know (because I needed that immediate support while in panic mode) as do his parents because they've pretty much been begging him for a grandkid for like 2 years, and he felt the need to know asap they were on our side and supporting us which I understand. They're thrilled. But I can't even begin to guess how my family will react so I haven't said anything. I do live with a relative though, at least for the next few weeks or a month or so until boyfriend and I move, and feel like she has the right to know sooner rather than later, and I could really use my parents' support if they'll give it. How much drama will be involved before that happens though, who knows

I am planning to tell my immediate family Christmas Eve (7w4), the rest of my family will know at 12 weeks <3 Looks like we are at the same gestation =)

Thanks ladies! It’s good to get insight on what everyone else is doing!

I’d love to announce to close family at Christmas because I think it’d really take them by surprise! But unfortunately my MIL is a huge blabber mouth (and has a track record of ruining pregnancy announcements) and it wouldn’t stay a secret for long :?

beneathmywing- we are close I think! I’m due 10/8/19 how about you??

I just announced at thanksgiving at 6 weeks bc I wasn’t going to get the chance again for a looong time if at all by the time baby is due. Also last year I waited and I regretted it bc we did find a fatal diagnosis at 12 weeks and ended up having the worst case scenario and a stillbirth at 25 weeks and it was the most isolating experience

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope this is a sticky baby for you! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! Xx

That's a shame that your MIL wouldn't keep it a secret as Christmas would be a lovely time to announce.

Congratulations!

I'm 5 weeks with a very much unplanned and unexpected little one (#1) and honestly have no idea how or when to tell people. My boyfriend and a couple very close friends know (because I needed that immediate support while in panic mode) as do his parents because they've pretty much been begging him for a grandkid for like 2 years, and he felt the need to know asap they were on our side and supporting us which I understand. They're thrilled. But I can't even begin to guess how my family will react so I haven't said anything. I do live with a relative though, at least for the next few weeks or a month or so until boyfriend and I move, and feel like she has the right to know sooner rather than later, and I could really use my parents' support if they'll give it. How much drama will be involved before that happens though, who knows

Congratulations!! I’m sure everything will work out just fine! Take care of yourself xx

That's a shame that your MIL wouldn't keep it a secret as Christmas would be a lovely time to announce.

I know bevziibubble! An I think they really wouldn’t expect it at all! But I know how annoyed I would be when she blabs it lol so best to wait it out again until 12 weeks

That's really annoying that she'd blab your business like that :(

It is. My husband has three sisters and she has ruined all their announcements and two of ours she just can’t help herself!

I know :? I don’t mind waiting another 3-4 weeks if it means we get the pleasure of telling all our family and friends the way we want too :)

Thanks ladies! It’s good to get insight on what everyone else is doing!

I’d love to announce to close family at Christmas because I think it’d really take them by surprise! But unfortunately my MIL is a huge blabber mouth (and has a track record of ruining pregnancy announcements) and it wouldn’t stay a secret for long :?

beneathmywing- we are close I think! I’m due 10/8/19 how about you??

Im due 8/7 :)

I announced when I was 9 weeks but i did tell some close family when I was just over 7 weeks after i had my first scan. It's up to you when u decide hon but christmas does sound lovely.

We told family and friends at 13 weeks. Im now 21 weeks and still not announced publicly like on fb etc. Just dont want to this time round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->