• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

another 'kids at my wedding' thread-now what!!!

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
so, I shall start by saying i am having children at the wedding. I know too many people with children to not invite them and have been thinking up ways to keep them entertained for the day. did I mention there will be be 25 under 4's....? :shock:

now, iv said from the get-go that I really don't mind people bringing their kids to the day and have been in cahoots with a wedding crèche to give them somewhere to escape- but I wanted some adult only time in the evening and was going to impose an 8pm curfew. sounds good, right?

however, iv literally just realised that I'm getting married on a Friday-and that means the older children will be at school....in a different area to where we're getting married :shock: :dohh: that also means that I can't really impose a curfew as otherwise the kids will be back and forth all day, as will the parents.
we get married at 2.30, the kids will start arriving at 3.15 after school finishes for dinner....I don't feel like I can chuck them out again at 8! or can I?!

thoughts?

I would check to see if they will be going to school, if its not round the corner the parents might be keeping them off school to go.

Yeah I agree. If it was me and I'd been invited to a wedding I'd be taking my daughter out of school for that day. Those who aren't then they'll probably find alternative arrangements so that the kids won't be there at all :shrug: I think a curfew is reasonable too :) x

I think if people are sending their children to school on that day they will arrange childcare for their children not to attend at all! I can't see people coming away from the wedding to get their children from school, get them ready to go back again!

If they are taking their children out of school to be there for the day then I don't see anything wrong with a curfew!

^^ haha, Lauren said it much better than I did. Have you spoken to any of the guests who have school age children?

I would have a curfew! I also don't think parents would be back and forth, their children will either come to the wedding or they won't :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->