Another tax credits question.

// arcadia

<icecream>
Reaction score
Heya :)

When i phoned up to get my pack we went through the questions 2008/2009 income etc .. and was asked if my 2009/2010 would be lower which i replied yes.

Based on that information they said i would be entitled to 34 a week roughly.

When i filled in the pack i filled it in with 2008/2009 income and there was no where to fill in 2009/2010 so i currently recieve 21 a week.

Is this just how it is and will go up in april when i give them this years info, or will there be any backdated payments?

Thanks for any help.

you can either wait and have next years paid at the higher rate or call them and ask them to do it on this yeras actual income :)

we had this as luisa was born just before the tax year and i was on MA which isnt included in your income ours was alot less this year than last year but they have to asses it on last year and you then have to ask for an adjustment.. although i dont know if they will now as its so late in the tax year iykwim...

xxx

So if i wait i will only get the change from next years payment, but no backdated payments or anything?

But if i call up they will adjust it to what my actual income is now?

Im so confused lol.

Yes, exactly that - they can only adjust payments from when you tell them.

We were initially assessed on last year's income (when I was working full-time civil servant) and were entitled to very little; so the day I got the award letter, I phoned them up and asked them to re-calculate based on this year's expected income (JSA & MA), which they did from that point. It made one heck of a difference to the award.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->