Any 28-35 year olds here TTC number 1?

hehe, well it has been the weekend lol - Good luck Conina :thumbup:

xx

Wow there are soooo many of us in the same position. Makes me feel a bit better about things.

I can't help wishing sometimes that I'd started earlier but I wasn't ready until recently. I just wish someone had told me when I was 16 that actually its not that easy to get pregnant. :shrug:

yah, I wish I started earlier too, but I didn't like kids until 1.5 years ago, when I was 28. My hubby wasn't either. Plus we weren't ready financially.
I was on the pills for almost 9 years.
I got a 'yes' from him, to stop taking pills in August 2010 when he got a raise and confident that he's financially able.
Luckily my body sorted out pretty fast, I've been having 31 days cycle since October 2010

A few days ago, around 11 dpo, I cried because my temp kept dropping, I thought this month was the month for sure.
Now is 4th attempt. I ordered CBFM yesterday. My hubby against it before because it's too pricey, but I guess because he saw me having emotional breakdown, he let me ordered it. Plus I had a bunch of Amazon vouchers, I could get the monitor plus 30 sticks for pretty good deal.

Hi! I'm 33 (turning 34 this year) and we're TTC our first. We're on our 2nd cycle and although last month was really emotional, I'm learned a lot and banned myself from testing until I'm actually late! I'm 8 or 9DPO today and CD25 of my usual 29 day cycle.

I don't really feel any symptoms this month but I'm geared and ready for next cycle (I have Pre-Seed, will start charting, and continue using opks). Hopefully I can figure out how long my luteal phase is and we'll go from there.

It's good seeing so many others in our age-range TTC #1.

Babydust to all! :dust:

Doctors appointment for me tomorrow....I really hope they don't just send me away and tell me to wait for my cycle to settle down after coming off the pill. I think I'm going to have to play the 'age' card :rofl: Especially since I'm older than our GP...

Good luck for tomorrow. Make sure you tell your GP everything you've been doing to help. I've got my fingers crossed she won't be lame about it.

Wow, just seen this thread and it's already over 11 pages! I'm glad to see there's a few of us.

I'm 31 and ttc #1. I'm on Cd1 on my 3rd cycle. I have long irregular cycles (pcos) which I am trying to tame with agnus castus. I'm only just getting to grips with my cycle. I've armed myself with opks, thermometer and a saliva ovulation microscope this cycle. I'm definitely a woman on a mission!:winkwink:

Has anyone had experience of using the ovulation microscope?

Well, totally new to this and glad I came across this thread. I am 27, soon to be 28, and am 3 months in since comming off the pill. Finding it all a little overwhelming really. Wasn't that concerned about having kids untill Aug 2010 and since I decided to go for it it feels like everyone I know is falling prego! Very difficult, I even get told by friends partners to catch up! Very lucky though as my DH is super encouraging and supportive and definately a calming influence. It's so good to offload to others in the same boat though as I don't want to be stressing him all the time and none of my friends actually planned pregnancy so can't quite understand how I feel.

Sorry to ramble on, but just feel relieved to share :flower:

Hi! I'm brand new here. I will be 34 next month (my husband is a baby, though -- 27 this year), and we are going for No.1 We waited until now because we've only been married for a few months (though we have been together for five years).

When I was younger I seemed to have some PCOS problems, but I had the lap-band surgery several years ago AND came off BC after being on it for years and years (they put me on it at 17.) My cycles since have been pretty regular.

I was nervous to do the OPK thing, but it went off like clockwork, and we time our "dancing" to the music, so to speak. :)

Anyway, I really thought we had pulled it off. I had two very faint positives on the dreaded +/- tests at about 9 dpo. After that, all negative -- I told my mom they couldn't have been more negative if a man pee'd on them.

Now I have boobs that feel like angry softballs, cramps for over a week and no AF (due yesterday.) And a bunch of negative $1 store tests AND a couple of negative FRERs.

Blah. I just started charting on Fertility Friend, so maybe next time I'll have a chart to share.

So that's me. Hi!

It's done me a world of good to see other hopeful soon-to-be-moms in my age group. Thank you all for that.

Hi,

I'm 28 and TTC #1, this is the 4th cycle to me. I don't feel that rushed by my age just yet cause I'm only planning on having one baby.:dust: to everyone!

hi, I'm 35, TTC#1, on cycle 3. My Dr. said to go see him if it doesn't happen in 6 months. He told not to wait a year because of my age. Hopefully it will happen very soon.

I'm 32 and DH is 36 and we are ttc #1. We've been trying since August of 2010, but we are only on our 5th cycle as my cycles tend to be longer, 38-47 days. I definitely feel some pressure and that we don't have all the time in the world especially if we want 2 or 3 kids. It doesn't help that my cycles are long and it seems like forever until you get to try again. Hoping it will happen soon.

I hope we all get our BFPs soon!!:flower:

Hello,

Yes I'm 29 and DH is 35, this is our 4th cycle TTC but our first month temping, checking CM and using OPK's. I also joined fertilityfriend.com which has alot of information. We've only become preggo once before which resulted in a miscarriage 6 years ago at 6 weeks due to a chromosome abnormality. The way it's looking is we had bad timing in the past, I'm really hoping we have a better shot this cycle. My BFF and I were trying at the same time and she got preggo first cycle (lucky!) and now shes become my cheerleader lol.

Good luck everyone and baby dust to all !!!

Hey Ladies I had a difficult day. I went to a high school friends baby shower. Now I have kept in touch with these women for over 15 years on an off. It was hard going knowing in the past DH and I had tried for 7 months then postpone ttc till 2 months ago.

It was great seeing the mother to be and I am SOOO happy for her as she and her hubby will be great parents. The afternoon became more challenging as I was discussing ttc with 3 of my friends. All 3 had an "accident" pregnancy and when they were planning it happened either the 1st or 2nd month. It seems so easy for them. I am stunned:wacko:. Of course they asked me when I was going to have one and I told them I was trying.

I came hope and couldn't resist taking a PT. Of course at 8 dpo it was a :bfn: :sad2:

I know its early but I am so frustrated. I read about ppl ttc for years on this site and feel that I am being pathetic complaining, but BFN hurts every cycle.

I guess I will wait a few more days and then test again

I know exactly how you feel. I've been going through it for years. My younger family members are having children before me and almost all are "accidents". My aunt said something to me on the phone a few months back,"You're pushing 30 so when are you going to have one?". I wanted to scream but I'm calmly told her we were trying. It's not easy and only those of us who are going through it understand.

I hope you get your BFP. I'm testing myself on Feb. 8th. The wait is horrible I know.

hi ladies how r u ?mrs pttc every thing is ok doctors sad .im ovulating dh all test are fine .no ovarian problem all hormones levels are fine .i dont know .im facing primary infertility .two iui,s with injectables but bf_.now only option left ivf .but im sooooooo disappoint on this stage. its very stress full .im thinking now if my ivf attempt fail then what ??????left for me. offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff its toooooooooo hard to live without child if u surounds with kids in your friends and family.just tooooooo hard

no one understands are feelings colamola. just we understands who are in the same boat.i m thinging there is lots of unwanted babies aborts every day .wayyyyyyyyy God give them who dont need them .give them to us i dont know what the reason behind it.

I belong here too, I turned 29 at the weekend, this is our 14th cycle ttc #1, I am even more worried as my other half is 38, and I want at least 2!

I am glad there is so many peps in the same boat, this site is really helping, wish I saw it earlier!!

Hi :flower:

Im 28 Been TTC for 16 Months, Than Just found out last Month due to my Husbands (Hes 29) very very low sperm count we need IVF/ICSI :cry:

Never did I think it would take this long! Let alone I need IVF now :cry: Its been a very long and painful road.

Im very petite and just over 7stones and I get mistaken all the time as a teenager! Many people say 'oh relax your still a baby yourself enjoy your youth now, as being a Mother is full time':growlmad:

I feel like yelling im going to be 29 soon! Even Nurses when they talk to me, I think are you taking me seriously? or when they come out with Comments 'your a spring chicken women are having healthy babies in their 40s' Im hoping to complete my family by 35 [-o<[-o<

Also i have always wanted a huge family 3 or 4 :baby:? But now I will be blessed with 1. Going to take each day as it comes I guess :thumbup:

We will get there ladies!! xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hi :flower:

Im 28 Been TTC for 16 Months, Than Just found out last Month due to my Husbands (Hes 29) very very low sperm count we need IVF/ICSI :cry:

Never did I think it would take this long! Let alone I need IVF now :cry: Its been a very long and painful road.

Im very petite and just over 7stones and I get mistaken all the time as a teenager! Many people say 'oh relax your still a baby yourself enjoy your youth now, as being a Mother is full time':growlmad:

I feel like yelling im going to be 29 soon! Even Nurses when they talk to me, I think are you taking me seriously? or when they come out with Comments 'your a spring chicken women are having healthy babies in their 40s' Im hoping to complete my family by 35 [-o<[-o<

Also i have always wanted a huge family 3 or 4 :baby:? But now I will be blessed with 1. Going to take each day as it comes I guess :thumbup:

We will get there ladies!! xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

hi hun, i'm also waiting for ICSI now and it was really difficult for me to accept the 'infertile' tag but I realized that acceptance is the first step to making things feel better. Now I'm just excited to go through ICSI (I'm scheduled on April, when's yours?) because the chances of success is 30-40%. I've never been this hopeful before. There's much more certainty now and it doesn't feel like just waiting in vain anymore.

:dust: to us all!

Hi all

Got day off work and found site while trying to Google how to work out my Tesco OV kit! Pls bear with me while I get used to all the abbreviations too :winkwink:

Brand new here, 34 (35 in July), DH 37, together 16yrs, married almost 8 and now wondering why we waited so long to TTC #1 (2nd cycle after coming off Femulen).

Knew it probably wouldn't happen quickly but getting a bit worried reading the posts how long it really might take. Trying Tesco OV kit this week to make sure I actually am, but straight back into my regular 28 day cycle (never had AF on pill), so trying to stay positive (though OW and bit stressy job at moment)- my very OW 35 yr old friend is 7mnths gone with #1 after 8 months and 2 MC, so there's hope...

Will keep taking my vits and folic and keep trying till summer - cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyway, glad to hear there are more oldies out there - good luck everyone xxx

Welcome to BnB!

This will help with the abbreviations....

BnB's Lingo and Abbreviations :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->