Any 28-35 year olds here TTC number 1?

You're welcome! It's extremely handy! I was so confused when I first came on here, without that I would have been so lost!

Hi Yellowbell its been over 1 month now and im slowly coming to terms that its IMPOSSIBLE to get pregnant naturally ouch still hurts typing that! But IVF/ ICSI is the only way for us :cry:
In the mean time my husbands on Clomid to boost up his :spermy: I really hope that can bring those numbers up [-o<

My husband wants it to be kept between us and not to breath a word to a soul, (God bless this site where I can let it all out :thumbup:) hes always been a very private person and said there no point worrying anyone?

Luckily we have a little savings and have gone private (NHS has a very long wait in London) Fingers and toes crossed we will be starting in either March or April will know for sure either this week or the start of next? :thumbup:

I just feel like im in a washing cycle on full spin! its all been a blur :wacko: im very very nervous about the drugs and will it work or not? i dont have any other options I guess.

Will be great if we get pregnant together with ICSI :thumbup: Also I see Singapore wow have you always lived there! I love that place especially Santosa Island its so relaxing!

Take care Hun and Good luck to us all xx

I'd like to have 2 or 3 kids so hoping number 1 doesn't take too long!!

I use Sarah Beeny (British TV host for all the Americans on here) as my inspiration - she's got 4 and had her first at 33. If she can do it then so can I!!! :haha:

Gosh, I didn't know that. I feel kinda more relaxed now. I'm 30 (31 this year) and not trying until this summer. Roll on...

I'm 33 (34 in May) and TTC 1, not sure what going on at the moment as negative test a week ago but now am late but probably effects of coming off the pill :(

Good luck everyone!

Hi all. I'm having a really cr@ppy day today and need to vent.

:witch: arrived this morning, 3 days late. I had almost convinced myself that after 5 months trying this was going to be our month and I'll admit to having a wee cry to myself in the shower this morning.

Then I got into work. I'm a lawyer who does work for residence/contact with children when parents have separated. The case this morning was two kids who had a baby when they were 16. The child lives with its granny and the mother has the right to see him twice a week. Granny told me today that the mother hasn't bothered coming to see him for 3 weeks.

Then I looked around the court and thought probably the majority of cases there were people who'd had their children by accident and were now fighting over them. Why do they get to have kids and we don't???? It's so not fair especially when I read about the nightmares some other people on this site go through to have a baby.:cry::cry:

Sorry just needed to vent and doing so at the client may have been a sacking offence!! :growlmad:

Hi Yellowbell and everyone else!
I'm 33 (34 in a couple of weeks) and we're ttc#1, cycle 2/3 (gone from ntnp to ttc)
Very hopeful this month, being as it's my birthday on 16th Feb...
GL,fx'd and :dust: to us all
Bex xxx

:hugs: Conina

I love this site because you can just say what you are feeling & everybody knows what you are going through

:dust: & luck for next cycle.

:flower:
xxx

I'm 33 (34 in May) and TTC 1, not sure what going on at the moment as negative test a week ago but now am late but probably effects of coming off the pill :(

Good luck everyone!

Hi Nibeley - when did you come off the Pill? It can take a bit of time for things to sort themselves out.

I came off in December and would have sworn blind I had O'd at CD11. When CD26/28 came, no AF and negative tests I was so confused! However, I am now on CD36 and still no AF. I have started using OPKs and charting and think that I O'd on Saturday so I'm back in the 2WW again! Looks like this cycle will be about 48 days long....

Hoping for shorter ones in the future (or a BFP, of course!).

Hey - cheer up ladies!! Remember that there are selection effects on here - those who conceive quickly move on to other boards (first trimester) or stop posting (or perhaps had no need to even track these boards down in the first place!). As such those that are left on these boards tend to be those that are taking longer/having problems. As such, we read about the problem cases and longer attempts more often. This in turn makes us anxious and we know that it not good when TTC!

I have found these boards to be brilliant support but I have to bear in mind the above so that I don't get down about the journey ahead!

Lots of :dust: to everyone - and keep your chins up!

Hi all. I'm having a really cr@ppy day today and need to vent.

:witch: arrived this morning, 3 days late. I had almost convinced myself that after 5 months trying this was going to be our month and I'll admit to having a wee cry to myself in the shower this morning.

Then I got into work. I'm a lawyer who does work for residence/contact with children when parents have separated. The case this morning was two kids who had a baby when they were 16. The child lives with its granny and the mother has the right to see him twice a week. Granny told me today that the mother hasn't bothered coming to see him for 3 weeks.

Then I looked around the court and thought probably the majority of cases there were people who'd had their children by accident and were now fighting over them. Why do they get to have kids and we don't???? It's so not fair especially when I read about the nightmares some other people on this site go through to have a baby.:cry::cry:

Sorry just needed to vent and doing so at the client may have been a sacking offence!! :growlmad:

Stories like that make me SO mad and upset!! We did everything right...college, grad school, saved money, got married, etc. and we can't get pregnant, then irresponsible teenagers pop them out like crazy. So frustrating :growlmad:

Hi Yellowbell its been over 1 month now and im slowly coming to terms that its IMPOSSIBLE to get pregnant naturally ouch still hurts typing that! But IVF/ ICSI is the only way for us :cry:
In the mean time my husbands on Clomid to boost up his :spermy: I really hope that can bring those numbers up [-o<

My husband wants it to be kept between us and not to breath a word to a soul, (God bless this site where I can let it all out :thumbup:) hes always been a very private person and said there no point worrying anyone?

Luckily we have a little savings and have gone private (NHS has a very long wait in London) Fingers and toes crossed we will be starting in either March or April will know for sure either this week or the start of next? :thumbup:

I just feel like im in a washing cycle on full spin! its all been a blur :wacko: im very very nervous about the drugs and will it work or not? i dont have any other options I guess.

Will be great if we get pregnant together with ICSI :thumbup: Also I see Singapore wow have you always lived there! I love that place especially Santosa Island its so relaxing!

Take care Hun and Good luck to us all xx

hey hun, wanna buddy up? :)

I'm 29 and will be 30 at the end of March. I remember at 22, when I completed my undergrad studies, I expected to be married and have baby #1 by age 25. Now I'm in a friendly TTC in 2011 contest with a friend and my choice of my dream stroller or crib is at stake! I havent been on BC in almost 3yrs after about 5 years of Depo Provera ages 18-22:cry: as someone already said, I was desperate NOT to get pregnant just a few years ago. How things have changed! Its so good to find others like me who are a lil bit older than some of the TTC girls, seriously trying but still rational and sane about the process. I'm taking mucinex pre-O this cycle to thin my CM. I remember tons of ewcm when I was younger, not knowing what it was and thinking it was gross! wow. Hope to see u all in the 2ww discussions and later BFP!!:dust:

:dust:

I am 33 and TTC #1 - the two cousins on my mom's side that are married, both waited until they were in their 30's to marry and have kids.

Hey - cheer up ladies!! Remember that there are selection effects on here - those who conceive quickly move on to other boards (first trimester) or stop posting (or perhaps had no need to even track these boards down in the first place!). As such those that are left on these boards tend to be those that are taking longer/having problems. As such, we read about the problem cases and longer attempts more often. This in turn makes us anxious and we know that it not good when TTC!

I have found these boards to be brilliant support but I have to bear in mind the above so that I don't get down about the journey ahead!

I was thinking this the other day struth, I sometimes think "my god how long are some people trying for!" then remember a lot of people don't use discussion groups until they're at the frustrated stage and been trying quite a few months! and like you say, there's no need for them to hang around the TTC forums anymore!

:dust: to all us oldies, hope we all get our :baby: soon xx

I was thinking this the other day struth, I sometimes think "my god how long are some people trying for!" then remember a lot of people don't use discussion groups until they're at the frustrated stage and been trying quite a few months! and like you say, there's no need for them to hang around the TTC forums anymore!

You are absolutely right. I hadn't thought of it that way. :thumbup:

Feel a bit more positive now :happydance:

Thanks girls :thumbup:

Glad to help! I have to remind myself of this now and again! I get so much from these boards (I no longer feel 'alone' - although of course I'm not, I have my OH but its good to chat to people who really 'get it' too!) but I think they also make me slightly more anxious sometimes too.

Still - when I get like that I just think of the January testers board - they have 27 BFPs this month!

Glad to help! I have to remind myself of this now and again! I get so much from these boards (I no longer feel 'alone' - although of course I'm not, I have my OH but its good to chat to people who really 'get it' too!) but I think they also make me slightly more anxious sometimes too.

Still - when I get like that I just think of the January testers board - they have 27 BFPs this month!

I know, I was on that one! Was thinking I was part of a lucky thread, but :nope: . Lucky february for us all perhaps?! FX'd! x :dust:

I know, I was on that one! Was thinking I was part of a lucky thread, but :nope: . Lucky february for us all perhaps?! FX'd! x :dust:

Let's hope - I on the Feb one too! Testing on the 5th... FX'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->