Any 28-35 year olds here TTC number 1?

hi am nichola and am 30, 31 in oct and ttc... i wish I'd try for kids sooner - but i think you both have to be ready - i came off the injection about 5 year ago . and now am on my secord month trying ......

good luck to all

Hi Nichola! I am 28 and really want a big family so I wish we'd started sooner too. Didn't think our first would take 8 months, that's for sure. But I agree with you, you have to be ready and now we all reeeeally want a little one instead of being shocked/disappointed if we got pregnant five years ago.

I'm 28and this is our first try. DH and I have been married 7months. I also want a huge family!

I will be 30 this summer and trying for my first. OH has kids already. I feel really old compared to the rest of my family and friends who had kids in their teens and early 20's!

Am 28 in March, ideally would like 3 so the sooner the better for me.

Good luck everyone!!

Hi Ladies
I am 28, well 29 next month and am totally overwhelmed by how desperate for a baby I am! Me and my fiance get married in September but I cant even wait until then to try. I want and need a baby now. I dream about it and spend most my waking time worrying and wondering and have convinced myself I dont work. Many of my friends have fallen pregnant once or twice when not intended but this has never happened to me and I worry as to why! Of course I have been reasonably careful but there have been instances when I havent. I am so convinced I just dont work. Does anyone else feel like this? I have just ordereda clear blue fertility monitor so I am hoping that helps and I have been to the docs who have said to keep trying etc for another 6 months. I have apps for my iphone to try and help me calculate when I am about to ovulate etc. Am I alone??
Anna x

Hi Girls, I have been TTC for about 6 months. I had a m/c in Oct 10 at 6.5 weeks and a chemical pregnancy last week, 4 days after AF was due and a BFP; I got a fainter and fainter test line until Thursday when I had the CP. I am now waiting again until i ovulate to try again (doctor said it is fine to try straight away because the CP was so early into the pregnancy). I am 30 and I am TTC#1. Good luck girls, it will be nice to have some friends to go through this journey together with x

Hi Ladies
I am 28, well 29 next month and am totally overwhelmed by how desperate for a baby I am! Me and my fiance get married in September but I cant even wait until then to try. I want and need a baby now. I dream about it and spend most my waking time worrying and wondering and have convinced myself I dont work. Many of my friends have fallen pregnant once or twice when not intended but this has never happened to me and I worry as to why! Of course I have been reasonably careful but there have been instances when I havent. I am so convinced I just dont work. Does anyone else feel like this? I have just ordereda clear blue fertility monitor so I am hoping that helps and I have been to the docs who have said to keep trying etc for another 6 months. I have apps for my iphone to try and help me calculate when I am about to ovulate etc. Am I alone??
Anna x

if you read a chapter / book on conception, it will set your mind at rest about the lack of accidents... i think we spend so long trying to prevent pregnancies that we begin to assume we can think about the bd and get pregnant, when in reality, there is much more to it.

i'm sure you'll be fine... i'm looking forward to reading your good news updates!

xx

I am 29 going on 30 and my husband and I are trying for our first. Today is my first day on this site and I am a little overhwelmed by all the Acronyms. Can someone break it down for me
I am assuming TTC number 1 = trying to conceive, first child?
CM- cirvical mucus?
The rest I have read have left me a little lost, but I have started guessing... just want to make sure my guesses are correct.
can someone please share some of the commonly used ones?
thanks ladies

there is a list of them in the user support section (i've only just found it!)

xx

I think I belong in here now! :mrgreen:

I'm 31 and OH just turned 30. We had a surprise positive HPT on the 15th, shortly followed by the news I'd miscarried. Still a little sad about that, but it got us both thinking and talking about it. We decided yesterday it was time to start TTC! :cloud9:

Welcome to the madness of TTC Thistledown :D

Sorry to hear about your MC, FX for a sticky bean next time around :hugs:

and have convinced myself I dont work. Many of my friends have fallen pregnant once or twice when not intended but this has never happened to me and I worry as to why!

Up until earlier this month I was pretty sure I didn't work either! OH and I haven't been terribly careful since we got married almost 5 years ago, it just seemed to me like we should have had a "happy accident" by now. Surprised the heck out of me when I got a positive HPT test a couple weeks ago. Ended up having a MC, but it did show me I CAN conceive.

mummyk2b is right, once you really think about it, it's a lot more complex than it seems. When we're not actively trying it's entirely possible that we've just almost never been DTD on the right days!

I belong here too, I turned 29 at the weekend, this is our 14th cycle ttc #1, I am even more worried as my other half is 38, and I want at least 2!

I am glad there is so many peps in the same boat, this site is really helping, wish I saw it earlier!!

Longing, I'm 29, and my DH is 38, too!! We're on our 9th month. Why is it not happening??

Cool! I so know!!! Everyone around us is popping them out it seems!! (except another friend who is also trying, good luck lauraemily17!!) And he is one of the oldest of our friends so we get 'the question' a lot, I just wanna cry most of the time!! Lots of people say his age doesn't matter, but I'm not sure thats true?

Hope it happens for you very soon xx

:hugs:

Keep your chin up, it'll happen for us eventually. It'll have to otherwise we'll end up with houses full of guinee pigs and cats!!

Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It does - but at the same time I think I will be glad either way. If I get a BFP then great! But if I get AF at least I know that I have O'd and that things are working down there after coming off the pill. I've been so concerned about getting my cycle back so it will be a relief!

Always trying to look on the bright side...!

I am 32, 33 on April 26th, and TTC#1. This is our 3rd month TTC and I'm becoming frustrated. My mom went through menopause at 40, so I'm definitely nervous. My OB/GYN says I have plenty of eggs and she doesn't think I should have the same problem, but all my female cousins have PCOS (as do I). If this takes too much longer I might scream.

Hi Ladies- seems like we all have lots in common and understand each others frustrations and concerns etc. Its so annoying though that we have to plan things so meticulously to get the BFP that we all want. I have hypothyroidism too which worries but its well managed and dont have any issues with my cycle. Its 32/33 days and very regular so hopefully I work and I have the CM that suggests ovulation etc. I just want a baby!

Yeah what a great idea this is, I'm 29 and it's so nice to see so many of us in the same age group :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->