Any advice?

KM22

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I have a question, well, I'm looking for opinions really, from more experienced people.
A bit about me....
We have been ttc for 3 years, in that time we have had one MMC, that was conceived one year in. I was diagnosed with pcos many years ago! and thought that that was the reason it was taking so long. However it's now been another 2 years and we are still waiting for a bfp.
We are under a FS, who did a lap and dye in sept, and told me that I now don't have pcos!? He can't find any evidence of it, either inside or on my blood work... So I'm not sure if I never had it or whether my lifestyle changes have had an impact. He can't see why we are not getting pregnant and wants us to have ivf.
My DH has had a SA which came back at 21million, and 40% good. But they've only done one so is that really a good indication? I know that over 20 is 'normal' but whats average? I read it was about 62million?!
Really I want to know whether its worth us just trying to improve dh sperm count or whether 21 is a really great amount and we should seriously consider ivf as there must be something else going on.
Please don't get me wrong i know that people do have a lot more to contend with, I was just wondering..
I'm so confused....
Thank you ladies xx

Most people start out with chloride & iui especially for male factor due to costs. Once you've tried this 3 times then the IVF. If your able to afford the costs of IVF right off and want your highest rate at success then go for it!
It sounds like he's still got good numbers, supplements would be a waste of money and effort if you try iui or IVF. If you don't want to try anything then folic acid and beta carotine foods have been shown to help sperm count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->