Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

One of my gf's says we do find out beta's and told me to ask for another blood test in a couple of days if they dont suggest it first, so we can see numbers.

Beautiful lines Molly :dance: As the other girls said stay away from the heat pack and just stick with some panadol. My cramps felt like AF was going to turn up any minute, perfectly normal :)

Sending you you lots of :dust: Sparkle & Eveclo xx

Thanks Red xx

Completely unrelated question for everyone, who did their injections morning and who did night? Did your dr/nurse tell you one was better or did you just choose what suit?
I was told by the nurse I had to do morning but I'm going to request they ask the dr if I can do night if it doesn't make a big difference as I had a lot of trouble sleeping because of the anxiety waiting for it, and DH was giving them to me 1 1/2 hrs before I normally wake up when he leaves home. It completely threw me out of whack and only now am I getting back to my regular sleep pattern. My last injection of the hcg I really tried to do myself but I just couldn't... I'm getting better but I've always been terrible with needles...only 10 years ago I used to cry hysterically!! :blush:

I did mine of a night as I was use to taking my Clexane at night so they just went with that :)

Sparkle I just did mine at night hun. They say to do them in the morning but i forgot and started at night, when i asked them about it they were happy for me to continue doing them at night. It made my life easier too, even though I am used to them now not too long ago I used to almost faint getting any needles. They are horrible. I did mine at like 7pm so after Neighbours :) haha

Molly, yay for all those brilliant double lines. Bet you can't wait for official confirmation! :flower:

Things have been up and down here, will try to find time to update soon!

Love those lines Molly!! Is the blood test today? How are you feeling?

Sparkle- I did injections at night too. Also I understand what you mean about the family stuff. I had a very similar experience. My in laws still think that if we had have just relaxed, ivf wouldn't be needed! Grrr... Sometimes I still feel hurt about the lack of support during ivf. But I found that it made Dh and I so close as we supported each other and the delivery of Lily was this amazing experience that we shared just the two of us - as the end of the long journey and start of our own family, if that makes sense?

Maddy- hi!! Hope all is going ok? Update us soon xxx

I made it back! On the iPad tho' so my typing is crud.

Sparkle I did my shots in the a.m. But that just fit with my schedule, not for any other reason.

Kirst, hey Hun :)

AFM bub failed to gain sufficient weight and fell from 25th percentile off the bottom of the weight charts, so 2 weeks ago we went off to feed/sleep school for 5 days. Turned out that despite feeling feeding was good, his partial tongue tie combined with a high palate meant he wasn't feeding effectively. Then my supply started to dwindle. By the time we got into the treatment centre he was literally starving. Thus the all- day screaming and frenzied demands for constant feeds... :(. Mummy guilt big time! Why don't boobs come with flow meters attached? Anyway, all is good now, with formula supplementation and a feeding line he gained 310g in the 5 days of treatment and has gained another 450g in the 2 weeks since! And now he's full we are starting to train him to sleep during the day, in fact he's been asleep for 1 hr in the pram while I walked to the shops for groceries and shopping. Sorry I haven't had a chance to read back on news, but I've just been treading water trying to keep on top of 3hrly forced feeds, pumping, medication, sterilising etc. thank goodness babies are cute to make up for the rigmarole!

In case it sounds all bad, it isn't. Leo is now 11wk5d has been rolling front-to-back for several weeks, pushes across the floor on his stomach in the commando crawl and at the clinic he watched the toddlers eating and licked his lips copying them... The nurses tell me he will be on solids early and crawling not long after. Eek!

Hope everyone is well!

I just got my results... the nurse said the beta needed to be between 80-100...mine was 167!!! So happy! My due date is 18/12/14!!!! :D

Molly- Woo Hoo..hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Maddy: Oh you poor love: Keyara was tongue tied which contributed to my mastitis and I put her on formula at 2 weeks so good on you for hanging in there. Cydney has dropped from the 90th weight percentile at birth and now is in the 40th..not terrible but I am a little concerned. I am combined feeding her on the breast, expressed and formula so we just have to keep an eye on it.
Leo sounds so advanced, Cydney is 12w 4d and hasn't started rolling yet much less anything remotely close to crawling..Keyara was slow to do these things too but started speaking very early and hasn't shut up since lol. They say children usually either crawl early or talk early..looks like I produce talkers lol.

Sparkle- I did mine at night..I think the nurse advised it so the side effects mainly occurred whilst I slept so didn't really notice them..god feels like ages ago..will do for you guys one day too so hang in there :)

Thanks ladies I'm definitely going to ask to do mine at night. I already feel relief at the thought.

Krist I'm sorry you had a hard time with your family too :hugs: that's pretty horrible that they still think that even after your success. And grrr it really irks me when people say just relax and it will happen. Um no it's a medical issue and they don't just miraculously disappear cos you relax, would you say that to someone with another medical issue like say arthritis or diabetes...
It's so nice that it bought you and DH closer together though, and now you have your own little family :)

Maddy, sorry you've been through a hard time, you definitely shouldn't feel guilty though you sound like an amazing mum! It's great that things are getting better and I'm so shocked that he is already rolling over and doing the commando, and copying other kids! That seems amazing for only 11 weeks!

Yay Molly!!! So happy for you! That's going to be the best Christmas present ever!

Thanks ladies I'm definitely going to ask to do mine at night. I already feel relief at the thought.

Krist I'm sorry you had a hard time with your family too :hugs: that's pretty horrible that they still think that even after your success. And grrr it really irks me when people say just relax and it will happen. Um no it's a medical issue and they don't just miraculously disappear cos you relax, would you say that to someone with another medical issue like say arthritis or diabetes...
It's so nice that it bought you and DH closer together though, and now you have your own little family :)

Maddy, sorry you've been through a hard time, you definitely shouldn't feel guilty though you sound like an amazing mum! It's great that things are getting better and I'm so shocked that he is already rolling over and doing the commando, and copying other kids! That seems amazing for only 11 weeks!

Yay Molly!!! So happy for you! That's going to be the best Christmas present ever!

I didn't have the option of morning or night, just told 6am every morning for gonal f and 8pm for orgalutran when I started having that! But I'm sure if you did it differently they won't mind as long as they know! I can't imagine why they would say no if you asked:)

Fantastic numbers Molly :dance:

Maddy, you poor thing hope you and Leo get into a nice routine now :hugs:

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. :flower:

Only 3 sleeps to go Eveclo! When do they start defrosting your embryos? I've got everything crossed for you getting your bfp this cycle. :dust:

I'm hoping AF shows tomorrow so I can just get started again although no signs of her as yet.

Xxx

Im going to keep popping in here to see how you ladies are going!
Sparkle I hope you finally get AF today! I bet your ready to pull your hair out from all the waiting again!
Same with you Eveclo! I hope your embies thaw wonderfully!

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. :flower:

Only 3 sleeps to go Eveclo! When do they start defrosting your embryos? I've got everything crossed for you getting your bfp this cycle. :dust:

I'm hoping AF shows tomorrow so I can just get started again although no signs of her as yet.

Xxx

I'm not sure when they get defrosted... I am assuming tomorrow? Or maybe today... As they will be 3 day grown to 5 day? Soon anyway!!! Survive embies! You can do it haha

Yay! Hopefully it starts today? (I think your post was from last night?) and then you can get started on the injections!!! :)

Good luck good luck & thank you so much. We are both hoping everything goes smoothly but it's hard to keep positive. :)

Im going to keep popping in here to see how you ladies are going!
Sparkle I hope you finally get AF today! I bet your ready to pull your hair out from all the waiting again!
Same with you Eveclo! I hope your embies thaw wonderfully!

Thank you Molly. I hope they both defrost well. Luckily we have 3 embryos frozen so if one doesn't defrost we have a backup. I'm hoping we will have 2 to transfer but if we only get one then it helps us decide whether or not to do a fresh cycle or frozen next time as we really will have none left!!! :)

I rang the embryologists today just to check on the embies, and apparently they were defrosted today. So, both of the defrosted embryos were originally frozen at 8 cell. Now, one embryo has only 3 cells left & the other only has 5! Geez, speaking of a big blow to the confidence about this cycle! I was already doubting it but now just feeling worse! Last FET, our embryo defrosted 100% in tact, which was awesome! But I guess, that wasn't successful so I just can't imagine how this one would work ! The lady said that the they hope for roughly 50% cells in tact so she thinks the 3/8 one is out, but they're watching it over the next day and a bit. Luckily we have that 5 day frozen but it probably will arrest or something knowing our luck!

But that's my update. Fingers crossed they develop into something great! And if that crappy one stays crappy, fingers crossed the 5d will survive !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->