Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Lab just called and said all 10 embryos are still growing but they were only able to biopsy 2 :( They are hoping to biopsy another 4 tomorrow. Starting to feel a little worried!!

Lab just called and said all 10 embryos are still growing but they were only able to biopsy 2 :( They are hoping to biopsy another 4 tomorrow. Starting to feel a little worried!!

What do they have to be in order to be biopsied? I hope you can get the other 4 done! Don't stress too much just yet. Hopefully at least those 2 ones being biopsied today and normal and all good too. Let me know how it goes tomorrow! How long until the results are back? x

For a day 5/6 biopsy they have to be a hatching blast. The scientist did say they were starting to hatch yesterday so hopefully will have some good news today. The results take 2-3 weeks as we weren't having a transfer, so not priority.

Hubby and I had a chat last night and if the other 4 are no good today we are going to ask to leave the embryos and cells frozen and do another cycle. We just think it is not worth $4k to test 2 embryos. I have called my clinic already this morning asking the question and I am waiting for a call back. Will let you know :) xx

Been keeping an eye on all the happenings ladies, just wanted to let you know i'm crossing my fingers for you Miss Red.
Hi everyone else, will try to send a longer message when I have time but all good with me and Cydney and the rest of the family of course x

For a day 5/6 biopsy they have to be a hatching blast. The scientist did say they were starting to hatch yesterday so hopefully will have some good news today. The results take 2-3 weeks as we weren't having a transfer, so not priority.

Hubby and I had a chat last night and if the other 4 are no good today we are going to ask to leave the embryos and cells frozen and do another cycle. We just think it is not worth $4k to test 2 embryos. I have called my clinic already this morning asking the question and I am waiting for a call back. Will let you know :) xx

Oh that's great that they were already starting to hatch!! I completely understand about the other cycle. It's a very smart idea. At least that way you'd be able to have more confidence especially if it didn't work first cycle (touch wood). Hope they're still growing nice and strong! :)

G'day ladies
Good luck with your embys Ms Red. I hope your 4 catch up for the biopsy.

I am now in the 2ww but I only had 1 emby which was good enough to transfer and none to freeze. I was so devastated as my FS thinks my egg quality is in decline.
Nevertheless the one on board was a good AA hatching blast so it could be the lucky emby.

I am on pregnyl injections which are awful. I feel bloated and nauseous and I can't PoAS !!

G'day ladies

I am now in the 2ww but I only had 1 emby which was good enough to transfer and none to freeze. I was so devastated as my FS thinks my egg quality is in decline.
Nevertheless the one on board was a good AA hatching blast so it could be the lucky emby.

I am on pregnyl injections which are awful. I feel bloated and nauseous and I can't PoAS !!

So happy to hear you have an AA hatching blast. It just takes one good embryo and that one sounds perfect. Good luck with your TWW i hope it flies :)

What is pregnyl for? Sorry, i have never used it :)

Red- hope all is going well.

AFM, went for an appointment today and have finished bcp, still sniffing Synarel. Ultrasound on Wednesday (next week) to make sure that everything is down regged correctly. So just waiting for AF to arrive and then will start injecting after the ultrasound hopefully!

I also found out today that i will be put on Clexane, as I tested positive for blood clotting factor so that's interesting. So it'll be a combo of clexane and prednisolone and hopefully it'll do the trick otherwise at least we're getting closer! : )

G'day ladies

Hi Aleja

All good with me and Deacon. He is growing so quickly! Don't be dismayed about your lack of embryos. I had the same issue with a very low amount, 0 the first cycle, 3 the second cycle and only 1 the third... My OB said it was egg quality too due to my age but I still persevered and now we have our little man! He is such a happy, cheeky little monkey...

Hope everyone else is well. I have been reading everyone's comments but alas just don't have the time I used to as I am also back at work (from home thankfully)...

Good luck to everyone going through IVF at he moment and to all you ladies lucky enough to be pregnant... Wish I could have another go, but I don't brink we could endure another 4 years of trying... xx

Red how is everything going? Do you have any updates about how many embryos you've got now? Hope it's good news!

Absolutely shattered!!! The other 4 made it to biopsy, so we had 6 in total which was great! But got a call yesterday for our FS and all of our embryo were abnormal :cry: 4 came back missing part of 14 and the other 2 were trisomy 16. Hubby and I are going to do 1 more cycle in January and then that's it, we are happy to have our miracle Lincoln!

Glad to hear you and Cydney are well Take xx

Good luck in your 2WW Aleja! I did Pregnyl and I felt so yuk!! Xx

Glad to hear you and Deacon are well Babypizazz xx

Eveclo, Pregnyl is HCG to help trick your body to think it is already pregnant, am then you have a better chance of the embryo sticking! I have to do Clexane and Cartia from day if ovulation due to pre eclampsia, they are horrible :(

Absolutely shattered!!! The other 4 made it to biopsy, so we had 6 in total which was great! But got a call yesterday for our FS and all of our embryo were abnormal :cry: 4 came back missing part of 14 and the other 2 were trisomy 16. Hubby and I are going to do 1 more cycle in January and then that's it, we are happy to have our miracle Lincoln!

Eveclo, Pregnyl is HCG to help trick your body to think it is already pregnant, am then you have a better chance of the embryo sticking! I have to do Clexane and Cartia from day if ovulation due to pre eclampsia, they are horrible :(

GRRR NO!! That's awful news. So sorry to hear. Good news about January though, I so badly hope it provides what you need.

Pregnyl sounds cool why don't they put everyone on it haha! Aw red I hope you're going ok. Xx

Still in shock, but what can you do?? Just have to look forward :)

I know it's good stuff :haha:

Aw red- that's devastating... Really hope January is successful.

Aleja- when's your test date? Thinking of you in the tww

Awwww Red, I'm so sorry! I'm thinking of you for your January cycle! Miracles can happen twice!

That's awful red, I really hope the next cycle works for you. I used to feel like people thought I should have been grateful because I had a child already and that it didn't matter that I couldn't have another. I knew how blessed I was to have Keyara but it didn't mean I didn't badly want another baby and didn't make it any less heart breaking that it didn't seem like it was ever going to happen. You have every right to feel devastated and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. But there is still a chance and I really hope you are blessed again x

That's awful red, I really hope the next cycle works for you. I used to feel like people thought I should have been grateful because I had a child already and that it didn't matter that I couldn't have another. I knew how blessed I was to have Keyara but it didn't mean I didn't badly want another baby and didn't make it any less heart breaking that it didn't seem like it was ever going to happen. You have every right to feel devastated and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. But there is still a chance and I really hope you are blessed again x

Agreed - I think it's fair to want as many babies as you want! People can do it without any trouble just because we have some doesn't mean we shouldn't have it.

Anwyay, You have a great attitude about it Red. January is the one hopefully xxx

Oh Red I'm so sorry :hugs: thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes your way for next years cycle, you are amazingly strong xxx

Congrats Aleja on having a lucky little emby on board :happydance: I've got everything crossed for you xxx

How are you finding Albury Reproductive eveclo?

They are great so far! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I feel like we get a lot more care here than at my previous clinic (i was with QFG) and also Dr Giltrap isn't afraid to look at other methods which is good and really investigates things. My previous doctor was lovely, very caring and empathetic, and Scott's pretty blunt and straight to the point but I really like that. I feel like when he really believes we have come to the end he will tell me rather than just keeping me doing the same thing over and over again.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->