Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

If you feel bloated now wait till after EPU :haha: I looked 7 months pregnant after both of my cycles, and couldn't help but rub my belly :haha:

I was so tired while stemming, think it is the rush of extra hormones, try and get a nap in :)

Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes :)

Do you know what you are triggering with? xx

I'm triggering with ovidril. I'm also doing one click of it every other day until my trigger.

Yea definitely felt the naptime pressure at the beginning! It's started to ease now which is good :)

Oh Red, So sorry you have to sign away your embies. :( At least the wheels are in motion for Cycle 3! Lucky 3 :)

Lirpa, Glad to hear your injections are going well.

I had my first ultrasound today (Day 9 of Stims) and I had about 15 follicles on the right ovary, and 9 on the left. Most of them were measuring around 13mm, but one on the left was 18mm! So we will probably forget about that one ha ha. Just waiting on a call from the clinic, but the nurse said that it will possibly be a Wednesday EPU. Nervous but excited. I'm glad that something is actually happening in there, for a few days i just felt nothing but yesterday finally started feeling 'very full' but still comfortable so it's all good for me here! Hoping for some good eggies at EPU!

xx

That's good news Eveclo! We could go for ER around same time!

My ultrasound was also good. Day 6 of horomones. Right ovary had around 12 follicles, 6 or so were big enough to be counted. Biggest one was around 13-14mm.

My left ovary had 22, with around 16 big enough to be counted! One was at 15 or 16mm, another two right behind it. The lady said they like 3 above 17mm before ER, so hopefully it all goes well.

Also, I picked up pregnyl for my trigger!

I know what you mean about feeling full Eveclo! The radiologist lady said it will increase over the next few days, and that I can have paradox if it's not comfy. :-/

Let us know how your bloods go! Ill update when I hear about mine too :)

Yay just had a call, hospital Tuesday :) take my trigger Sunday night. No more ovidril.

Forgot to ask about the estrogen levels, doh! Will try and find out. Also, is it ok to work after the trigger? Are you fine to function per normal? No side effects etc?

Fantastic numbers girls sounds like things are coming along well :dance:

You should be fine after your tripper Lirpa, but after EPU you will feel crappy for a few days :(

I have a bruise where my orgalatron went this morning :(

I only had one click of ovidril and now they said no more of that. I figured I'd have about 3 clicks. Are any of you using ovidril?

I used Ovidrel for my trigger but I took the whole 250iu in one hit. You are using Pregnyl for trigger?

Yea they gave me pregnyl today. I take it as the trigger Sunday night at 9pm, it has two vials of powder and one vial of liquid. No more ovidrel. Don't know why! Then go to hospital at 6:45am on Tuesday morning. DH will drop me off, then gives his sample at 915.

Praying this works for us! Really hope your next cycle goes well and is successful too! Same for you Eveclo! Would love some good news coming through :) xx

I paid $100 for the ovidrel too and only had one click. Hmph

They have probably stopped you taking the Ovidrel as they don't want you to ovulate, as it is HCG. Pregnyl is also HCG and will encourage your body to ovulate at the time of EPU.

What a bummer that you paid for the Ovidrel and now you don't need it :(

That's good news Eveclo! We could go for ER around same time!

My ultrasound was also good. Day 6 of horomones. Right ovary had around 12 follicles, 6 or so were big enough to be counted. Biggest one was around 13-14mm.

My left ovary had 22, with around 16 big enough to be counted! One was at 15 or 16mm, another two right behind it. The lady said they like 3 above 17mm before ER, so hopefully it all goes well.

Also, I picked up pregnyl for my trigger!

I know what you mean about feeling full Eveclo! The radiologist lady said it will increase over the next few days, and that I can have paradox if it's not comfy. :-/

Let us know how your bloods go! Ill update when I hear about mine too :)

Woah day 6 of stims and you're almost about to trigger? That's awesome! The fullness has definitely increased for me, particularly my right side. Meh, at least it keeps my mind at ease knowing they're still in there hopefully ;)

Good luck with triggering, so when is your EPU? Tuesday?

I used Ovidrel for my trigger but I took the whole 250iu in one hit. You are using Pregnyl for trigger?

Yep I have the ovidrel in the fridge ready whenever I need it, just the one hit.

I have the ultrasound on Monday morning just to check that the follicles are of a better size and hopefully they are good to go and I can do the trigger monday night. I would be sooo frustrated if we were cancelled this late in! But you never know with this IVF business ;)

Hope everyone is doing well, Not long until your holiday red :) xx

You will be fine on Monday lovely, your numbers sound so great :hugs:

I know I can't wait :dance: We were suppose to be going in 6 days (13th Dec) but since my sister had a baby we had to postpone it to a later date as the ships policy was you are not allowed a baby under the age of 6months, as they don't have to facility to care for them if something goes wrong. So we rebooked for 31st March and will be on there for Easter so should be a blast :)

Woah day 6 of stims and you're almost about to trigger? That's awesome! The fullness has definitely increased for me, particularly my right side. Meh, at least it keeps my mind at ease knowing they're still in there hopefully ;)

Yep I have the ovidrel in the fridge ready whenever I need it, just the one hit.

I have the ultrasound on Monday morning just to check that the follicles are of a better size and hopefully they are good to go and I can do the trigger monday night. I would be sooo frustrated if we were cancelled this late in! But you never know with this IVF business ;)

The fullness seems to have eased a bit now. I give my trigger in about 55 minutes :wacko: And yep, I go to the hospital at 6:45am Tuesday morning! Can't wait. I haven't ever been in hospital, so will def be a new experience.

Looking forward to hearing how tomorrow's U/S goes for you!

I'm hoping all is well with me as I only had the one U/S :shrug: Hopefully they know what they are doing.

We had some good news tonight :) No out of pocket costs for the hospital! no excess or anything yay :happydance: All covered by our health cover with HBF! so happy as that saves us nearly $1,000!

Just have quite a few questions is anyone can help... :blush:

1. Will I be completely asleep or half awake for the egg collection?

2. Will I be groggy as can be afterwards or pretty coherent?

3. When do you find out how many eggs they got out? On the day? And when do you find out if any mixed well with the sperms?

4. Did you get 1 or 2 days off work with it and the doctor's note?

5. Is it painful afterwards down there and in your ovaries?

6. Has anyone used the embryoscope, and if so, how long after egg collection do we go back for the transfer?

Thanks!

A few more things I've noticed, the meds must cause EWCM. Also, my breasts are quite tender :-/ hate when that happens, although it hasn't happened for a bit now! How are you going Eveclo?

Trigger is all done. Now I wait for EPU.

Just wondering, would/have you had a HPT before the Dr test? I want to do a HPT, but how long until I can safely do it? We will be in bali from 18 December to 24 December, so I was going to take a HPT with us... Hoping for good news.

Do some symptoms get worse after epu?

The fullness seems to have eased a bit now. I give my trigger in about 55 minutes :wacko: And yep, I go to the hospital at 6:45am Tuesday morning! Can't wait. I haven't ever been in hospital, so will def be a new experience.

Looking forward to hearing how tomorrow's U/S goes for you!

I'm hoping all is well with me as I only had the one U/S :shrug: Hopefully they know what they are doing.

We had some good news tonight :) No out of pocket costs for the hospital! no excess or anything yay :happydance: All covered by our health cover with HBF! so happy as that saves us nearly $1,000!

Just have quite a few questions is anyone can help... :blush:

3. When do you find out how many eggs they got out? On the day? And when do you find out if any mixed well with the sperms?

6. Has anyone used the embryoscope, and if so, how long after egg collection do we go back for the transfer?

Thanks!

I'll try and answer the best I can!

For both of my Egg Pick Up's I was under general anaesthetic (completely asleep) some clinics do a local (so you are awake but can't feel anything). Either way you won't feel a thing and you will be fine but it does change clinic to clinic, but i'm pretty sure most are General.

Everybody responds to Anesthetic differently. I am usually very tired, sore and uncomfortable. I usually come home and sleep for a few hours afterwards. You should be ok though but definitely let your nurses know if you aren't!

They will tell you how many eggs were retrieved on the day of your Egg Pick up. The next day you will call your clinic or they will call you and you will be informed of the fertilisation report. This will generally determine how many days before the Embryo transfer (for example, if you have a lot of your eggs fertilise they may stretch out to a 5 day blast transfer or if you only have a few they will do a 2 or 3 day transfer)

I personally would ask for 2. Just say request 2 days just in case you don't feel great. It's better to have more than less! Rest is seriously sooo good.

I just felt tender in my ovaries, I also bled a little bit. But other than that just a little uncomfortable (best word to describe it!)

Is that where they transfer the embryo ? It depends on your clinic and embryos, but they will be in contact with you afterwards to let you know how they are going and what day transfer you will have. :)

I hope that answers a few!

A few more things I've noticed, the meds must cause EWCM. Also, my breasts are quite tender :-/ hate when that happens, although it hasn't happened for a bit now! How are you going Eveclo?

Trigger is all done. Now I wait for EPU.

Just wondering, would/have you had a HPT before the Dr test? I want to do a HPT, but how long until I can safely do it? We will be in bali from 18 December to 24 December, so I was going to take a HPT with us... Hoping for good news.

Do some symptoms get worse after epu?

Good job and yay for triggering! I have read about people getting positives as early as 5dp5dt (5 days post 5 day transfer - so 10dpo). I would probably wait until around the equivalent of 12dpo just to be more certain. I tested early and felt the worse feeling of disappointment, so it depends on how you feel about it. I am just going to leave it this time.

EPU is on Wednesday, triggering tonight. Feeling full and excited. I have about 20 follicles all up, measuring 18+ and a few more and less. I am at high risk of OHSS so i'm just hoping i can have a transfer this month. Sigh.

Hope everyone is good and good luck tomorrow Lirpa :)x

Wow, that's some good follicles Eveclo! You'll get some good eggs for sure :) hopefully you don't get the ohss :( I'm so worried about that, but hopefully it stays away.

12 DpO sounds fine to me. DH and I will be in bali from next Thursday so I'll prob test before we go, then one or two times when we are away. I hope it works :) it would be the best Christmas present ever!

The nurse said the transfer would be on Saturday providing all toes well tomorrow. Praying it does! Bring us some BFPS!

Fantastic follies you have going Eveclo :dance:

Good luck today Lirpa, can't wait to hear your numbers :hugs:

Hope you are feeling OK Lirpa ! I've triggered and am ready to go tomorrow morning. Feeling tired but the day is going sooo slow!!! Hope you got some great eggs :)

Hi ladies

All finished for now. Just waiting to know how many get fertilised tomorrow. Hoping all goes well.

Expected numbers a bit better, but we got 5 eggs. DHs count was 9million so they're going icsi now. :cry:

Should get 4 fertilised and 3 good ones for transfer based on statistics. We get one transferred Friday. They scheduled my blood test for December 23 but we will be in bali so changed to 26 December. I'm sure I'll do a HPT before anyhow.

I would have thought heaps of eggs because of the follicles, but maybe that's linked to my pcos? Oh well, one is all we need I guess. And low risk of ohss so that's good.

Also have tomorrow off work, transfer Friday at lunch (fingers crossed) but said I can go back to work after.

Started crying when they said our numbers and that we are going icsi, but DH made me feel better and said only need the one so will keep praying.

Can't wait to hear how you go Eveclo! Did your trigger sting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->