Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Evclo I started watching a bit of the you Tube video and couldn't continue..just awful:-(

I don't know what dosage yet but I will take Elonva which is 1 jab which lasts for 8 days

It's so sad Aleja, she's such a strong woman. I really hope her pregnancy is smooth!

How is everyone going? I started the pill today ick! Having the hysteroscopy on Wednesday the 11th I think... could be the 12th November. :) xx

Yuk Eveclo, I just finished on Monday :) Picked up all my meds on Monday ready to start on Saturday :)

Well my cervical results came back all clear and all good to fall pregnant next year :dance: My OB/GYNO is also happy for me to have a hysterectomy after hubby and I are finished having our kids.

Yuk Eveclo, I just finished on Monday :) Picked up all my meds on Monday ready to start on Saturday :)

Well my cervical results came back all clear and all good to fall pregnant next year :dance: My OB/GYNO is also happy for me to have a hysterectomy after hubby and I are finished having our kids.

YAY red!!!! That's perfect news :)
I hope everything goes well please please please make sure you make updates i will be checking regularly ;) we have the hysteroscopy on the 12th so I am hoping it all goes well.

Good luck with the needles although I'm sure we are all pro's at this now (unfortunately ;) ) xx

Hi Eveclo :)

All going well so far with the stims, had 2nd blood test today to check the Puregon is doing what it should be doing :) Then I should be starting Orgalutran tonight.

Hope the next week goes quick for you! I'm sure everything will be fine :hugs:

Hi Eveclo :)

All going well so far with the stims, had 2nd blood test today to check the Puregon is doing what it should be doing :) Then I should be starting Orgalutran tonight.

Hope the next week goes quick for you! I'm sure everything will be fine :hugs:

WooHoo! So exciting to think your second baby is in the process of coming to life right now ;) Thanks love I hope so too ;) less than a week now! Then the real fun begins, needles and needles!

I know! DH and I were saying the same thing the other day, our babies are growing right now and then are going to be frozen for a few months. Science is amazing :)

:dance: for needles xx

Hello!

Ausmerican with an Ausralian hubby, starting IVF counseling next week, and IVF by my next cycle!

So nervous, scared, cant believe we have come to this. We're 26, healthy, decided to start a bit younger so we wouldn't have any problems... and here we are about to go to IVF.

We have been TTC for 16 months now, no luck. We have also been planning a move to USA since May this year. We re listing our house for sale in Perth, and waiting on DHs green card. We should be heading over in January/February.

IVF in USA is around $12k, whereas here we can do it for $7200. We will try a round here in Perth, then head to USA. Fingers crossed it works as we couldn't afford $12,000 in USA :(

Still can't believe it sometimes, but I don't mind as long as we get a family..

:wave: Lirpa

Welcome to the group :) Wow so young and having to go through IVF! Can I ask what you need IVF for?

I was scared during my first cycle but it wasn't too bad :) Hopefully you have a good cycle. I am on my 2nd cycle (day 8 today). My hubby and I have to do PGD so we have to pay $15k here :(

Good luck and let us know how you go xx

Hi red!

Well we found out I have PCOS. I had regular cycles for 6 months off Bcp, then I had a cyst that was 3cm or 30mm Rae something around there that caused my cycles to stop. I had a 45 day cycle, then I went 89days with no AF and got put onto provera, then I went another 43 days when they did uS and put me on the pill. After a couple months the cyst is gone, but they put me on metformin to help lower my insulin levels, and regulate horomones. That will take another few months before it starts helping though (the doctor said anyhow).

So when they did tests on DH, the doctor said he has a low count. I thought it was ok at 35million, but the doctor said it needs to be at least 40million. That's because DH has veins in his testes which cause them to heat up and reduce sperm production. I forget what it's caused.

The doctor said we could try IUI, but he suggest ivf as success is higher. I thought about waiting and seeing how we could go on our own, but after this length of time DH is tired of waiting and said he just wants to go with the doctor and get our family started so here we go!!

My cousin's hubby has the same issue with his testies but his count in below 1million. Your hubby's count sounds ok, our FS said anything over 20million was awesome. Funny how they all say something different :shrug:

Glad that your hubby is on board with it xx

Thanks. Yea I thought the count was ok, but then again we have timed it perfect soooooo many times and no luck so I don't know what's wrong :( even last month the timing was perfect and AF still came :(

Starting to lose hope after nearly a year and half.becomes so disheartening and takes it toll on your relationship.

Hello!

Ausmerican with an Ausralian hubby, starting IVF counseling next week, and IVF by my next cycle!

So nervous, scared, cant believe we have come to this. We're 26, healthy, decided to start a bit younger so we wouldn't have any problems... and here we are about to go to IVF.

We have been TTC for 16 months now, no luck. We have also been planning a move to USA since May this year. We re listing our house for sale in Perth, and waiting on DHs green card. We should be heading over in January/February.

IVF in USA is around $12k, whereas here we can do it for $7200. We will try a round here in Perth, then head to USA. Fingers crossed it works as we couldn't afford $12,000 in USA :(

Still can't believe it sometimes, but I don't mind as long as we get a family..

Welcome! :hi:

Yes I have heard that IVF in Australia is much more affordable. I hope your first cycle is the one for you! It is pretty daunting especially the anticipation of the first needle but once you are on your way you will be OK :) It's really no where near as bad as I had originally thought, and I'm about to go round 3. :)

Hope everything is going OK Red - not long until EPU? :) xx

Lirpa - Don't lose hope hun it will happen xx

Eveclo - Epu has been moved to Wednesday (trigger tonight) as I have over 20 follicles and oestrogen level is over 10,000 :o Feeling very uncomfortable atm xx

Missredknob - 20 follicles is awesome. Good luck with epu on Wednesday.

Lirpa - Good luck to you.

AFM - hv my first appointment with a FS from Monash - clayton next Thursday and then go on from there. Cant wait :)

Red- awesome numbers! Hope you're doing ok. I can only imagine how uncomfortable 20 follies would be. I also remember feeling quite sick with the high estrogen? Let us know how epu goes xxx

Evclo- your procedure is Wednesday too right? How's it all going?

Good luck lirpa and nikki. Let us know how you're appt goes nikki.

Hey ladies! Gosh it's so long between BNB drinks for me. Between work and bub I feel like there's not enough hours in the day. Glad to see so many are heading back for more tries and more bubs - yay!

AFM, Leo is now 9.5 months. He started crawling at just over 8 months and 5 days later started standing and then within days was cruising the furniture. He's an absolute whirlwind! I'm still sleepless and still trying BF with my wonky boobs and minimal supply (supplementing with formula and pumping in my meal break at work) but all in all just loving being a Mum.

Hi everyone! It's been forever! Sorry I've been MIA, I hope you don't mind me popping back in I just wanted to say hi and wish all the ladies who are cycling good luck :flower:

Wow 20 follicles Red! I can imagine you must be feeling quite uncomfy, lucky though that you were already planning FET otherwise they might have made you anyway cos of the OHSS risk. I hope it all goes well, my fingers are crossed :)

And as I mentioned in my PM Eve thinking of you tomorrow and hoping you get some answers xx

Hi to the new ladies too :wave: I hope your cycles and appt go well :)

And congrats Kris_t on your bfp :happydance: Hope it's all going well!

So I kinda disappeared before my last cycle (my 2nd FET) cos I was just trying really hard to focus on other things and not think about ivf etc. except for showing up to my appts of course, and we are very lucky that one finally stuck (and in the right place this time)!! I'm now 14 weeks, it still doesn't quite feel real though, maybe it will once I start to show and we tell more people etc.

I promise it won't be so long again before I pop back in again next time :blush:

I just went back another couple of pages and noticed you're cycling too aleja, good luck!

And Red I'm so glad to hear that your tests results came back all clear, I have a friend going through a similar thing at the moment. Xx

Thanks everyone for the support :) we had our information session tonight and have an appointment with the nurse and counsellor tomorrow. We also saw our doctor today.

I am doing an antagonist cycle in a few weeks, starting on lower meds to minimise risk of ohss. Anyone else had similar? I'm still getting my head around it all though, so excuse me if I say something wrong about it! I'm trying to understand it all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->