Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Lirpa I think they usually base your meds dose on a few different things, do you know your amh? Also did you have a lot of follicles on your ovaries at ultrasound?

My amh was high at 49 and one of my ovaries had heaps of follicles (polycystic appearing they call it) I also have a low bmi, so they started me on a low dose too, 100 units of gonal f. Unfortunately this cycle had to be cancelled as the dose ended up being too low and it didn't work, so then on the following cycle I was on 150 units which is still fairly low and I got a great result with 9 mature eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised and all 6 were high quality blasts at day 5. At the time I wished I had more like 20 eggs but they kept telling me quality is more important than quantity.

I had several Follicles, they were extremely high. I am not sure what my AMH level is, and I will also be starting off on 100mg of gonal.

We paid the deposit today and met with the nurse about the meds and also met with the counselor :) I'm feeling hopeful.

I spoke to MIL on the way home,and I swear she thinks we are doing this outta no where.

She said hopefully it works, and we are lucky since it's only minor problems that can fix themselves and we can try again natural for the next one... And yet I'm thinking well if we could just try natural why doesn't the doctor just say try natural? He doesn't seem to think it will happen and that's why we are doing a cycle of ivf? They can't just say do it willy nilly surely, it's invasive, risky, and expensive to do so I'm sure he has valid reasons for getting us to go this route. MIL seems to think we are just doing it and should just keep TTC without it, but DH said he was tired of trying and trying with no success, and the doctor suggested either IUI or ivf so here we are... I don't know. It's just frustrating as I feel it's a bit more than minor issues.

Red!!! How did EPU go? Can't wait to hear numbers 20 follicles is amazing! :)

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.

Omg congratulations Sparkle, that is lovely news that you got your BFP . It will definitely sink in when your bump starts showing and then when you can feel the baby kick it's amazing. Not long now!

Welcome Lipra all the best with this first cycle. It's very daunting but you will get used to the ups and downs very quickly. Re: MIL, only you and DH can decide what's best for you .. Everyone will have an opinion about ivf and infertility but at the end of the day they are not the ones feeling deflated every month from TTC.

Evclo how did your procedure go today?

Nikki, I noticed you're TTC no#2 .. I'm in the same boat now! Good luck with your new clinic.

Ms Red how did EPu go??! You surely got lots of eggs judging from the number of follies you had.
I had my EPU on Monday. News not so great - 9 eggs 6 fertilised overnight and now I'm waiting to hear how many are still going on Day 3. I'm so nervous !!!!
I hope I have at least one to transfer . Ugh

Maddy , thanks for popping in. I hear you about a busy life... I have no idea where te goes. Leo sounds very active! He will be taking his first steps before you know it. Are you going to celebrate his 1st bday with a party?

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.

Omg congratulations Sparkle, that is lovely news that you got your BFP . It will definitely sink in when your bump starts showing and then when you can feel the baby kick it's amazing. Not long now!

Welcome Lipra all the best with this first cycle. It's very daunting but you will get used to the ups and downs very quickly. Re: MIL, only you and DH can decide what's best for you .. Everyone will have an opinion about ivf and infertility but at the end of the day they are not the ones feeling deflated every month from TTC.

Evclo how did your procedure go today?

Nikki, I noticed you're TTC no#2 .. I'm in the same boat now! Good luck with your new clinic.

Ms Red how did EPu go??! You surely got lots of eggs judging from the number of follies you had.
I had my EPU on Monday. News not so great - 9 eggs 6 fertilised overnight and now I'm waiting to hear how many are still going on Day 3. I'm so nervous !!!!
I hope I have at least one to transfer . Ugh

Maddy , thanks for popping in. I hear you about a busy life... I have no idea where te goes. Leo sounds very active! He will be taking his first steps before you know it. Are you going to celebrate his 1st bday with a party?

6 Fertilized is still good! Hope you have excellent news tomorrow :)
Procedure went extremely well today thank you, I've been told that my uterus was 'perfect' with no signs of scarring or endometriosis. Had the endometrial scratch as well which is causing a little bit of cramping along with the gas they put up there (i believe). Soo bloated. But no where near as bad as EPU but hey, that's not too far away either. :)

Aleja- great to hear from you! How are you feeling after epu? 6 fertilised is still good- hopefully they all make it to blast. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Red- how was epu for you??

Evclo - hope your procedure went ok.

Lipra- my mil said the same sort of things to is. It was absolutely infuriating and hurtful at the same time. If we could just relax to make it happen- we would all go on a holiday instead of putting ourselves through ivf. She bangs on about it even more now that we've had a natural pregnancy, even though our diagnosis makes this a huge miracle! I just let it roll off now and know that people who have never experienced infertility just can't understand. Trust yourselves and your doctors xx

Maddy- so good to hear that you and Leo are doing well! I agree, life is just flying by. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going with Lily to keep me busy and distracted!

Hi Girls, EPU was ok woke up very sore, but only got 11 eggs which I was really surprised (last cycle I got 18). But the good news is 10 were mature and ICSI'ed and all 10 have fertilised!! They did say this number will most likely drop due to DH translocation, but we knew that already. Next update is Saturday.

Aleja - 6 is a great number, don't give up yet hun xx

Kirst - Great to hear from you. Are you going to find out what your having? xx

Eveclo - Glad the procedure went well, are you are good to go :) xx

Lipra - Don't let your MIL upset you, you don't need the extra stress. The way I see it you have been told by a doctor that you need IVF and they are the professionals!! A lot of people do fall naturally after IVF, so your never know xx

Sparkle - OMG 14weeks!!! You have been hiding :haha: Congratulations hun, couldn't be happier for you xx

Great news with 10 fertilised eggs red! Can't wait for your update. Hope you're resting up as much as you can and feeling better.

We had our 20 week scan on Thursday. Having a surprise with gender this time- was so hard not to find out though! I think it's another girl but Dh swears he saw a willy! Who knows- hopefully less than another 20 weeks and we will find out :)

Thanks Kirst xx

Oh I don't know how you did it, I couldn't wait to find out. My clinic has told me as we do PGD testing they will tell us the sex of the embryo once we get a positive pregnancy test

Hi Girls, EPU was ok woke up very sore, but only got 11 eggs which I was really surprised (last cycle I got 18). But the good news is 10 were mature and ICSI'ed and all 10 have fertilised!! They did say this number will most likely drop due to DH translocation, but we knew that already. Next update is Saturday.

Aleja - 6 is a great number, don't give up yet hun xx

Kirst - Great to hear from you. Are you going to find out what your having? xx

Eveclo - Glad the procedure went well, are you are good to go :) xx

Lipra - Don't let your MIL upset you, you don't need the extra stress. The way I see it you have been told by a doctor that you need IVF and they are the professionals!! A lot of people do fall naturally after IVF, so your never know xx

Sparkle - OMG 14weeks!!! You have been hiding :haha: Congratulations hun, couldn't be happier for you xx

Were you on the same dose of Purgon (is that what you were on? Sorry I can't recall how to spell haha). My first cycle I was on 150iu gonal f and got 10 mature and then did the exact same dose second cycle and only got 5 mature eggs! I swear that your body can get used to it and not react as well but the doc said it has nothing to do with it! Who knows haha. Glad you had such an amazing fertilization rate! OMG so cool about finding out he sex after pregnancy test! Did they do that with Lincoln as well? So handy :) rest up honey hope you feel good soon!

My first cycle I was on 150iu of Puregon but after my first bloods I got put up to 300iu, as my body wasn't doing anything. This time I started on 250iu then got dropped to 200iu and got put in for epu 2days early, so who knows lol.

I could have found out with Lincoln but I didn't know, a friend on another IVF support page told me :)

My first cycle I was on 150iu of Puregon but after my first bloods I got put up to 300iu, as my body wasn't doing anything. This time I started on 250iu then got dropped to 200iu and got put in for epu 2days early, so who knows lol.

I could have found out with Lincoln but I didn't know, a friend on another IVF support page told me :)

That is so very cool! Hope those embies are dividing nicely, hope for a very positive update in the next few days Red ;) Hope you are recovering well I have been thinking of you x

Good luck red.

Aleja- any update on the progress of your embies?

Just got the call. All 10 embryos are still growing, one is at 4 cell (bit behind but still growing) and the other 9 are between 6-9 cell. The scientist said the 9 good ones are where they want them. Next update Monday!

Hope your little embies are growing strong Aleja xx

Thanks so much Aleja and Miss Red :)

Aleja congrats on your pick up, that's the exact same numbers I had - 9 collected and 6 fertilised! You would have had transfer by now right so I hope it went well :flower:

And Miss Red yay congrats to you too, 10 embryos still going is amazing! Good luck for your next update on Monday. That's so cool that you get to find out the gender so early! We'll get to find out just before Christmas :)

Thanks Sparkle :) How exciting not long to go till you find out. Do you and hubby have a feeling what your having? xx

I know only 4 weeks till our scan! We both think boy but definitely don't mind either way :)

When are you going on your cruise? And then your transfer will be after that right? :happydance:

How have you been feeling after egg pickup?

Hope the 4 weeks go nice and quick for you :)

Have you felt bub move yet?

Cruise is the 31st March to 13th April. Then expected period is around 19th-21st then do a FET :)

Not too bad still quite sore, but bearable. Been drinking heaps and also drinking Hydrolyte. Pain seems to lessen each day :)

Thanks Sparkle :) How exciting not long to go till you find out. Do you and hubby have a feeling what your having? xx

Just got the call. All 10 embryos are still growing, one is at 4 cell (bit behind but still growing) and the other 9 are between 6-9 cell. The scientist said the 9 good ones are where they want them. Next update Monday!

Hope your little embies are growing strong Aleja xx

Great news Red!! Can't wait for tomorrows update :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->