Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

All went well. Little embie is floating around :) was an 8 cell, good quality. Have 4 more 8 cell good qualities to be frozen.

Now to wait and pray :)

All went well. Little embie is floating around :) was an 8 cell, good quality. Have 4 more 8 cell good qualities to be frozen.

Now to wait and pray :)

Holy dooly really?! That is such a fabulous result to have all 8 cell embryos on Day 3. Are they growing any to Blast ? I have a good feeling for you :) :happydance:

I don't know if they will go to blast? I think she said they will just freeze them. Do u get an update tomorrow?

Also, I just wiped and had a bit of brown discharge... Is this ok? Has anyone had this? I hope my body didn't just push it back out :( could it be left over from ER?

How are you feeling?

I don't know if they will go to blast? I think she said they will just freeze them. Do u get an update tomorrow?

Also, I just wiped and had a bit of brown discharge... Is this ok? Has anyone had this? I hope my body didn't just push it back out :( could it be left over from ER?

How are you feeling?

They may just have frozen them as 8 cell :) that's what they did on my first cycle. That sounds good though!! I am anticipating an update tomorrow, I was told that they would call me either today or tomorrow (today day 2 in case they weren't progressing great and wanting to do transfer today or tomorrow but I haven't heard from them so I figure no news is good news).

That's normal, your cervix may have gotten a little bit irritated from the transfer. And also if you are on progesterone it can sometimes irritate the cervix also :) very normal & still fine.

I am feeling great, still a little bloated but I feel Better than I did while stimming so it's all good. Nervous for the update tomorrow and just hoping we have some embryos doing what they should be!

Rest up, hope your tww goes quickly :)

:wohoo: 8 cell that's fantastic Lirpa!!

Exactly what Eveclo said, transfer or progesterone can irritate your cervix :)

Can't wait to hear your update Eveclo :hugs:

:wohoo: 8 cell that's fantastic Lirpa!!

Exactly what Eveclo said, transfer or progesterone can irritate your cervix :)

Can't wait to hear your update Eveclo :hugs:

I haven't had a call yet! I'm pretty sure that they close at 11am (as i don't think they do EPU's on Saturday..) and it's 11.10am... Devo if they don't call i'm so curious! But as i said yesterday hopefully no news is good news ;)

Thanks miss red. Yea the spot pieces were brown so I'm thinking it's my body pushing stuff out from the ER on Tuesday still.

Feeling find today. Had sharp stabbing pains yesterday that im thinking was my ovaries overcoming what happened Tuesday. Hoping to feel some symptoms in just over a week.

Sorry they didn't call you Eveclo. Hopefully that means everything is right in track for your ET Monday :-D

DH and I both went in. We saw the catheter and then the tiny catheter go in, then we saw the little embie get shot through with a bright white light. Then afterwards you could see it just chilling near the catheter. Pretty cool to see that :) the nurse and the doctors were really helpful too and nice :) it was a cool experience.

I have some more questions :blush: sorry, but this is the closest to being pregnant I have ever been.

Would you swim afterwards? We will be in bali at the end of next week so I want to swim in the pool at our villa. The nurse said no, then she said it's ok as long as I felt comfortable with it and wouldn't blame it if this doesn't work? :shrug: I'm not going to be strenuously swimming, just a lil doggy paddle here and there, and relaxing on a float maybe.

Has anyone been away on the TWW? Do you have any suggestions? I won't have any of the water from there (only bottled), no ice, and will try and stick to packaged drinks and foods that I know what they are. I love seafood but will avoid it as I know a few people who have been sick from seafood over there... Anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much :) you all have been so helpful and friendly during this time and that means a lot :) glad I found this thread xx

I have some more questions :blush: sorry, but this is the closest to being pregnant I have ever been.

Would you swim afterwards? We will be in bali at the end of next week so I want to swim in the pool at our villa. The nurse said no, then she said it's ok as long as I felt comfortable with it and wouldn't blame it if this doesn't work? :shrug: I'm not going to be strenuously swimming, just a lil doggy paddle here and there, and relaxing on a float maybe.

Has anyone been away on the TWW? Do you have any suggestions? I won't have any of the water from there (only bottled), no ice, and will try and stick to packaged drinks and foods that I know what they are. I love seafood but will avoid it as I know a few people who have been sick from seafood over there... Anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much :) you all have been so helpful and friendly during this time and that means a lot :) glad I found this thread xx

Haha don't be sorry! I would go swimming if it were me personally. Just gently. The water won't make it's way inside or anything to disrupt but just make sure it's cleanish water I know Bali isn't the cleanest place in the world but just be cautious and you will be fine.

I would stick away from anything that could cause food poisoning like roadside food stalls and probably seafood / chicken also but I've been to Bali a few times and never gotten sick and I have an awful tummy anyway! What a great time you will have! Just keep hydrated and you will be ok. :) xx

I was told no swimming or baths for a week after transfer but after that they said I would be fine :)

You should be fine with the hotels food but I would be wary about the street stalls, when I went with my family I got sick from a street stall :(

I wouldn't worry about swimming. My clinic didn't ever say anything about that. The only thing id be careful of is not to have hot spas or baths that could raise your body temp too high. And be careful with food of course :) but relax and enjoy! What a great way to spend the tww!

I'm cheering for you both lirpa and evclo! Good luck girls xxx

WooHoo finally got the phone call ! I go in for a 5 day transfer on Monday at 12.15pm!!! So exciting. Hopefully we have something to transfer.

So we had 10 embryos that had fertilised and we still have 8 in the running so far. He said we had one that just didn't divide and another that is only 3 cell. 2 x 7 cell, 1 x 10 cell and 5 that are 8 cell. He said some look better than others but he has confidence that at least one will make Blast. Got all my fingers crossed!!!

Wo Eveclo! That's good news! A ten cell blast is really good isn't it? Yayyyy :-D they all sound fantastic! Can't wait till Monday for you :)

I'll swim in our pool then :) it should be ok, as long as not too chemically. We don't leave till Thursday night so I won't be swimming until Friday. Just over a week from ET so that's good. And I'll definitely stay away from seafood, street stalls etc. ill let DH sample for me and I'll just smell it lol. I'll be sure and eat from proper places.

I try to imagine the scientist looking into the microscopes at the little swimmers. "Quick, catch that one! He's looking fast and in good form". Kinda like fishing ha ha

Wo Eveclo! That's good news! A ten cell blast is really good isn't it? Yayyyy :-D they all sound fantastic! Can't wait till Monday for you :)

I'll swim in our pool then :) it should be ok, as long as not too chemically. We don't leave till Thursday night so I won't be swimming until Friday. Just over a week from ET so that's good. And I'll definitely stay away from seafood, street stalls etc. ill let DH sample for me and I'll just smell it lol. I'll be sure and eat from proper places.

I try to imagine the scientist looking into the microscopes at the little swimmers. "Quick, catch that one! He's looking fast and in good form". Kinda like fishing ha ha

Well it's not a blast just yet (hopefully by day 5!) but on Day 3 ideally they want them to be 8 cell. (Like yours lucky duck!) but 7 cell and ten cell are still in the range of normal but not 'ideal'. Usually about half of day 3 embryos make it to blast, a little less so we might have 2 as a Blastocyst on Day 5.

So jealous about your holiday! Where abouts in Bali are you staying? Our last trip we stayed at the Maca villas in Seminyak, pretty far away from everything but taxis were still everywhere and we had our private pool as well it was so beautiful!! :)

I'm very happy with how the eggs turned out. I really thought our chances were low since we only got a few eggs, then had to go ICSI but it turned out ok.

Sorry, I get confused with cell, blast, embryo ha ha. So many different terms.

We booked this holiday a few months ago. Never thought ivf would happen... But things change. Then I thought we would forfeit our tickets because we would need ER or ET during the time we were away, but it all happened pretty fast. The nurses then said it would still be ok to go, just be cautious.

We are staying in Sanur. More of a relaxing place, so not near partying and stuff. Here's a link to some photos. It has good reviews, and was pretty cheap at $780 for 5 or 6 nights. https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hote...rk now! What are your plans to pass the TWW?

Changed the link as it was too the main hotel. Now it shows the pool and private ones. What resort did you stay at? I can't believe you can get such private ones! Pretty cool

I'm very happy with how the eggs turned out. I really thought our chances were low since we only got a few eggs, then had to go ICSI but it turned out ok.

Sorry, I get confused with cell, blast, embryo ha ha. So many different terms.

We booked this holiday a few months ago. Never thought ivf would happen... But things change. Then I thought we would forfeit our tickets because we would need ER or ET during the time we were away, but it all happened pretty fast. The nurses then said it would still be ok to go, just be cautious.

We are staying in Sanur. More of a relaxing place, so not near partying and stuff. Here's a link to some photos. It has good reviews, and was pretty cheap at $780 for 5 or 6 nights. https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hote...nd I have it stashed in my DVD cupboard haha.

Your place looks unreal! That must have been a lovely escape!

I don't know if ours does breakfast In you room. I hope so :) DH has been adamant that we will still go even when I doubted it. Will be a nice getaway during the middle of all of this. Having the holidays will also be a nice distraction.

Your place looks unreal! That must have been a lovely escape!

I don't know if ours does breakfast In you room. I hope so :) DH has been adamant that we will still go even when I doubted it. Will be a nice getaway during the middle of all of this. Having the holidays will also be a nice distraction.

Good on your Husband :) you deserve it after all you have been through so just take it easy and enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->