Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

My cramps have gone away they were only for a little bit which is good I guess, I didn't end up calling the clinic because they had stopped.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow how exiting especially since you've got lots of follies growing!!

This thread is going to be getting a lot more exiting very soon me thinks!

I really hope your embie makes it through the thaw and you get your BFP Evelco xx :hugs:

My cramps have gone away they were only for a little bit which is good I guess, I didn't end up calling the clinic because they had stopped.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow how exiting especially since you've got lots of follies growing!!

This thread is going to be getting a lot more exiting very soon me thinks!

I really hope your embie makes it through the thaw and you get your BFP Evelco xx :hugs:

Glad to hear the cramps have stopped and I am hoping for some good news this afternoon after your appointments :)

Had my scan this morning. Egg pick up is booked for friday at 10am. No fresh transfer as I have approx 23 follicles and about 16 of those are mature. So a FET next month for me ☺ trigger tonight at 10....

Good idea eveclo on getting the dr to ring your husband on how your emby is going ☺ im sure it will be fine though :)

Misscassie how did your scan go?

Had my scan this morning. Egg pick up is booked for friday at 10am. No fresh transfer as I have approx 23 follicles and about 16 of those are mature. So a FET next month for me ☺ trigger tonight at 10....

Good idea eveclo on getting the dr to ring your husband on how your emby is going ☺ im sure it will be fine though :)

Misscassie how did your scan go?

Oh wow! That happened so quickly that's awesome :) it's funny how different clinics can be- I had about 28 follicles and got 15 eggs and 13 were mature, and they let me go ahead with a fresh transfer. But it's better to be on the safe side PLUS frozen embryos are supposed to have a better chance because your body isn't hyped up on drugs and freaking itself out. So much fun :) that means if I have to do another fresh cycle we could possibly be in our 2ww together hehe xx

Yeah I guess they didn't want to risk it, she did warn me that anything over 16 they would cancel and I am happy with that.
She said that as well, that they have higher success with FET's :)
That would be cool if we could transfer around the same time BUT I would so much rather you get your BFP with this transfer hehe :D
I'll only be a month behind :)

Misscassie, hope your scan went well.

Scan went pretty good I have 4 nice and big follicles. And egg collection is booked in for 12pm Friday.

Wantingbubba7 looks like we are doing the exact same cycle haha. So we should be bump buddies for sure :) I'm. Glad that your scan went well you've got a great amount of follies!! So glad it went well for you.

Evelco are you getting excited about your embie getting thawed tomorrow? How exciting

How exciting MissCassie :) that's great you ended up with a couple more.

Good luck ~ I might end up running into you somewhere along the way on Friday hehe.

How are you feeling about tomorrow Eveclo ? Hope you are feeling ok :)

MissCassie ~ have you been told how your frozen cycle will go yet? Something was said today that on first day of AF I will pick up some Provera (I think that's what she said) and take that to thicken my lining. Is that what you will be doing as well? I didn't think I would be needing anything like that. Might be standard protocol.
Eveclo - have you taken it before?

How exciting MissCassie :) that's great you ended up with a couple more.

Good luck ~ I might end up running into you somewhere along the way on Friday hehe.

Thank you I'm pretty happy with it :)

I hope your egg collection goes well too good luck.

I get there at 12pm so we could possibly run into each other maybe..

I haven't been told about the Provera yet, I suppose I'll find out later? Are you having a local for the collection?

Yeah I'm so glad the number went up for you :):thumbup: will you ICSI them?

I will be in the lounge at 12 recovering, Amanda said I will be allowed to go home at about 1-1:30ish. Apparently I get wheeled over in a wheelchair from the hospital after the procedure as I'm not allowed to walk haha
I will be going General which is proving to be difficult to pay the 2k I need to do it. ehhh I hate money sometimes. I wasn't really given an option to do Local.

PS you wont miss my husband floating around he is really tall ...6 foot 6.
Glenn nicknamed him BB (big *******) hahaha

You guys!!! This is so cool, can't wait to hear all about it on Friday!!!
I am a little nervous, I rang today and asked if they could call M if anything goes wrong. Otherwise I have to be there at 12.30! I have a little bit of a bad feeling but this could be stemming from disappointment in the past and me just trying to prepare myself. :)

Thinking of you both, look after yourselves and keep me updated hehe

I believe I will icsi them I think with having only a small number for folicles that I'd have a better chance maybe?

Hmm my procedure is at 1pm so I think. Before it we will more than likely run into each other that's pretty cool :)

I get wheel chaired back to the clinic too and then wait around for a while I believe how fun.. my partner won't be there due to him having a huge sales appointment at 1pm.

I thunk because I'm doing the bulk billed round I didn't get an option to do the general. I think I'd rather general to be honest. I have to take Panadine Forte half an hour before too.

Haha thsts heaps funny that Glenn calls him that 6 ft 6 is so tall omg.

Thank you sweet ladies, I come bearing GOOD news!

I did not receive a phone call (or my husband) so by about 11.30am we knew that things should be all good. Transfer was at 12.30pm. I arrived at the hospital at 12.20 and was taken into the room by the embryologist who said 'i saw your notes, and that you requested that we didn't call you but call your husband instead -i was going to call him before but i didn't want to freak you guys out because it is good news!' (phew, he got my heart racing a little). He estimated that 90% of the cells survived the thaw, and that this was a very good result. He then told me the embryo had began to hatch! Which was amazing news. I have so desperately wanted a hatching embryo (as an embryo must hatch to become a baby, so at least if i knew it was hatching i knew it could grab on!) He also let me have a look at it under the microscope and you could see the outer shell and then on the top left of the embryo where the inner mass was starting to come out. (The inner mass of the embryo is what becomes the baby, the outside is the placenta i believe) So that baby is ready to rock and roll. Fingers crossed my immune system is ready for this.

Transfer went smooth, except i had to wait in the chair for an hour as the doctor got caught up in ultrasounds etc. She was not my normal doctor and I had never met her before, she said in my chart that my cervix was 'easy' from last transfer - as in; no issues getting the tube in there. And she was right, no problems at all. In fact, I didn't even feel it go in and usually I do. My husband wasn't able to be there with me today but I was grateful for the beautiful embryologist who was a really supportive man who encouraged me to be positive and happy. I really love those people who spend years training to help people create families. All of the ones I have met (especially at this clinic) have hearts of gold and I really hope that in 9 months time I can send them the most special letters from the bottom of my heart because of everything they do.

I'm feeling happy, excited and a little nervous all at the same time. I know the feeling of disappointment all too well, but tonight I am going to bask in the fact that I am looking after a 6 day old hatching life inside of me now who has the potential to be the answer to all of our prayers and hard work.

I don't want the pregnancy test to come! I like the feeling of imaging that it has worked for us ;) haha.

Thanks for all your support ladies and for thinking of me. I really think it makes a difference both in the universe and in my head! You're both awesome.

Good luck to both of you tomorrow, please update when you can with all the info! Don't forget, protein! I bought a sustagin in chocolate (delish) and drank that after my EPU's and they were great :) plenty of water and heat packs on hand, just in case. A great tv show to watch (orange is the new black, wentworth, breaking bad are all the ones I watched haha!). You will both be fine though, can't wait to hear how it goes. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow and hoping for the best.

xxx

Thats amazing news Eveclo. Im so excited for you :) its so your time for that giant BFP :flower:
Time to sit back and relax now, you sound like you are in the perfect frame of mind to look after your little emby :D
I was starting to worry that I hadn't heard yet hehe isnt it funny how we care for others we've never met :)

As for me im packing it about tomorrow now :/ I have this ache in my right ovary every now and then, it really hurts. Cant wait for tomorrow to be over. We are leaving here at 6am to miss peak hour so ill be up at 5 eeek not much sleeping for me tonight.

Glad it all went eveclo, im so wrapped for you.

Misscassie how are you feeling?

That's such great news about your awesome little embie can't wait to hear that you've gotten that lovely BFP which you have been waiting for xx

I have been having full feeling in my ovaries and I am a little sore so hopefully that means something good, sounds like you're going to have a long day wantingbubba7.

I get to work in the morning and then leave at 11 to be there at 12..
are u taking clothes for after the collection? I was thinking of just bringing my trackies so I'm comfortable

I'm so excited for all 3 of us!!

Yeah the joys of living near beaudesert and having to be there at 8:30 lol if we leave any later then 6 it can take up to 2 hours, I was well over an hour late for an IUI once. So definitely dont want to miss tomorrow's appt :)
Haha I thought I was lame for wanting to take trackie dacks.. sooo doing it now :) im wearing normal pants there and then changing afterwards. .

If I don't run into you tomorrow .. good luck and cant wait to hear how you go.

Ahh thank you ladies! Our test date is 9 days after transfer, but I always get AF before that so I usually know. Fingers crossed she stays away ;)

Good luck you too for today. Can't wait to hear how it all goes. You'll both be fine though! So exciting. And I know those feelings of anxiousness and anticipation for what is to come- but it will all work well & fine and by the end of today you will have created little embryos which is a pretty cool thought. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->