Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Take 2 that's a fantastic result yay!! I had 8 eggs and only 2 fertilized!

Had the scan and it went perfectly!' I had white/pink spotting this morning which scared the shit out of me. But they found a perfect little bean measuring exactly the same as my dates 6+2 with a heartbeat of 110bpm, they didn't even have to do a vaginal which was a nice change I'm so used to getting my knickers off!! I feel very relieved but still cautious! Xx

I'm so excited for you Wish. Try not to stress about the spotting, a lot of women have mild spotting in the first trimester. I had a small amount around 8 weeks with my daughter and she is now a happy and healthy 9 year old!

So so happy for you wish, try not to worry about the spotting I had a bit really early then I had a bright red proper bleed at 13 weeks , they scanned but never found a cause & my lo is still going strong :) congrats hun !

Take 2 - great result I also had 13 fertilize, but why are they doing the transfer so soon if you have so many fertilize , they usually wait to do a day 5 blastocyst transfer with such a great result, only 5 out of 13 of mine made it to day 5 they say those who make it to day 5 are more likely to result in a baby ???

Hi Taylah,

To be honest I'm not really sure. I asked them before ER what they would do and she told me it depends on how many eggs fertilise but normally their clinic does day 2 transfers. I have done quite a bit of research on this and it seems to be controversial. There is a school of thought that if you wait till blastocyst stage then they can see the best quality one to use but a lot of other studies suggest that the pregnancy rates are no different no matter when its done so given these new studies some clinics now schedule transfer when it suits them or the patient.
I guess I've left it in the hands of the professionals, these guys have a 41% success rate, so I didn't feel I should question their opinion. I only hope I'm doing the right thing. What if I asked them to wait and all the embryos died..then I'd be kicking myself. Its so hard to know really.
Fingers crossed I end up with a BFP like you did :)

Take 2 - my clinic only does day 2 transfers if under 5 fertilize or they are not developing perfectly but I guess you are right , I put my faith in the professionals too, thats all we can do really, best of luck to you I really hope you get your bfp, I will keep everything crossed for you, try rest as much as you can after the transfer ! Are they transferring one & freezing the rest ?

Yeah just the one, hopefully there will be lots left to freeze. It's strange how each clinic has such different protocols. I noticed IVF Melbourne are advocating the 2 day transfer on their website too. And as for USA that seems to be a whole diff ball game. I've read that they advise bed rest for 3 days after the transfer. I've just been told to take it easy for the rest of the day. And what does everyone think about having sex around time if transfer, I was reading today semen can aid implantation but have read other clinics that advise abstinence until a scan detects the heart beat, seems a bit extreme but maybe not, so much conflicting info isn't there?

Take 2- not sure about whether the sex can help/hinder.. I can tell you that for me it was the last thing on my mind though! My poor husband! I wouldn't let him come near me. By transfer I felt I had been disturbed with enough for the moment and it was a total no go zone for a couple of weeks! I suppose it depends on how your feeling.

Personally I thought it was best not to have sex after transfer for about a week, I was advised not to for about 3 days after but I left it for the week, sounds silly but I was worried I would bump it & it wouldn't implant or something, I too read conflicting advice on that, some people don't until they get test results , as far as rest goes I was told I didn't need to rest just take it easy the rest of the day & put my feet up , but I chose to hang out for next 3 days on the couch as much as I could - that is in between taking care of my 7 yo , I think it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with but I played it safe so I wouldn't regret not giving it the best shot I could !

And thanks everyone for your kind words and reassurance it means the world to me, can't wait to return the favour to all! Xxx

So pumped for you wish, you must still be in shock getting a natural bfp after all the ivf effort , you so deserve it xxx

Hi Girls,
Wish congrats on your scan, that is such wonderful news. You must be feeling positive.:)

Take 2, that's fantastic so many of the eggs fertilised that is a great result. Really encouraging.
Maddy i have been taking dhea for about 6 months, unfortunately no bfp but i am still hoping! my amh is 1.1. I had no side effects worth talking about on it. I had a headache at the start but now i get a headache if i forget to take them. No bad skin etc.

Taylah , good to hear all is going well :) Yay!

Hi to the other girls.

X

hi girls,
wish so glad to hear your bubba is doing fine. i am sure you will be getting very excited as the weeks progress. it is such a miracle for you. you really are a lucky gal!

take2, i actually asked my FS about whether sex can aid implantation.:blush: just one of the neurotic questions i have asked him over the year. he said that we can have "intercourse" if we want but there is no research to back up the theory. so i guess that's a maybe??!!
I didn't do it though because I was so sore and overstimulated after the egg pick up that a romp was the last thing on my mind.
I agree with taylah that it is odd they are not letting your embies grow to at least day 3 if there is so many of them. Well one thing for sure is that you may have a few good ones to freeze.

Red, yes it looks like we may be cycle buddies!!
I finally asked the FN about cartia (for some reason my FS has not replied to my emails:growlmad:) and she said if it hadn't already been prescribed I do not need it. So it is another natural FET for me.
I only have 2 blasts left so I am going to do the double transfer. I am not feeling very confident since the others haven't worked so far.
Are you having 1 or 2 transferred?

hello dancingqueen and other ladies:flower:

aleja, great to hear things are on track for your FET , keep your hope & spirits up hun, power of positive thinking !

Aleja I took mini aspirin when my endo lining was thin in a clomid cycle a few months ago. Didn't ask FS, just took it. The next month my lining was a nice thickness. Certainly didn't seem to cause any harm, but then no BFP either so who knows.

I had my transfer today. 12 out of the 13 were dividing well so all looked good. They put in a "nice 5 cell emby" and all went smoothly. Was chatting with the lab tech guy and he said they used to always do day 5 transfers but their stats were showing day 2 transfers had better success and there were more remaining embys to freeze so thats mainly all they do at my clinic now. He said Melbourne IVF are pretty much only doing 2 day transfers with high success rates yet Sydney IVF are still doing all 5 day transfers and their success rates are good too. He said its the individual clinics decision on what brings them the better outcome. Anyways fingers crossed we are one of the successful ones. Back on the prednisone, ugh hate the stuff, I get the worst acid reflux, apart from that I feel great and have been sitting all afternoon watching season 2 of 'The Big Bang Theory'.

Hope everyone is well :)

So glad your scan went well Wish, so happy for you Hun xx

Gods luck with the TWW Take xx

Aleja I only have 1 hatching embryo left, out of my 18 eggs I got 2 embryos :( So if this doesn't work will be doing a fresh cycle in Feb :) but DH and I decided that we will go to Thailand in January if we do another fresh cycle :)

It only takes 1 Miss Redknob, and Thailand sounds awesome. If we are unsuccessful we are going to go to Noosa in April, not quite as exotic as Thailand but we have friends there so free accommodation and a car to use so only have to pay for flights which is prob all we can afford given how much we've spent on fertility treatments this year :(

Hey Redknob why not have a long holiday and do the cycle in Thailand? :)

Maddy :haha: would love to do that but I am saving all my rec leave at work for when I'm pregnant :)

Noosa is beautiful Take, but I understand about the money side of things :( TTC can be emotionally draining as it is but when it comes to IVF you have the financial stress on top of it :hugs:

I've been researching the egg-donor-in-Thailand route. With success rates of over 50% for ED IVF versus rates (for my age group) of about 8% for IVF here using my own eggs, I'm wondering if the ED way might suit us better. Of course I could be jumping the gun and totally wrong - the FS hasn't actually stated that we need IVF, but I reckon that's coming at our appointment Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->