Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Maddy seems like a totally viable option! How does it compare cost wise? Are you excited for your fs appointment? I know when we had how prelim appointments they told us or success rate was due to the age of the eggs, not our age..so if I froze eggs at 28y.o I had a 50% chance per cycle whether I was 28 or 40. But a fresh cycle later on had a lower chance of success. At least you'll know your options are! A friend of mine has recently givin birth to a healthy baby girl conceived with donor sperm and own eggs at 41. It's Defintley possible! How exciting for you!

Hi girls
Maddy good luck with your appt on Monday
Re: donor eggs .. Are you looking overseas because its too hard to get DE in Australia?

Miss Red what cycle day are you on now ? I've had 2 BT already and need another on Monday . Hopefully the transfer will happen next weekend

Take 2 I am going to ask my clinic about day 2 embys .. Will you be POAS??��

Well my FS rang me the other day to give me results from the Endo biopsy I had last month. I tested negative for NK cells so apparently I won't need clexane or prednisone etc. however my endometrium is "out of phase " . The sample was from Day 22 of my cycle but it looked like a day 17 one instead . He said clomid during FET cycle will help this .
Oh and he said I can take low dose aspirin ... But he made it seem like a placebo as if I do fall pregnant it will be due to the biopsy 's effect

Hi everyone else x

Good luck with your appointment on Monday Maddy xx

How are you feeling Wish? Hope you and bub are doing well xx

I am on CD7 Aleja, going for bloods on Monday CD8 as I normally O early xx

Hi Aleja,

What's 'out of phase'? Does that mean it was too thin, because I thought clomid made that worse possibly. I'm on prednisone now, my clinic gives it to you after all IVF or IUI treatments. Glad you don't have to take it cause it gives me terrible acid reflux. On a plus note I get psoriasis mildly on my feet and its completely cleared that up, yay!
I'll be interested to hear what your FS thinks about 2 day transfers.
I POAS this morning, looked BFN at first but faint line after 10 mins, but that could be evap line or residual trigger shot. Really far too early so really told me nothing lol.
Hope everyone's having a relaxing weekend.

What DPO are you Take? Did you use a FRER? Really hope it is a BFP!!! :)

Hey Take 2 that is a great sign! Can't wait to hear what tomorrows test will be!

Red- coming around quick mate! How will they judge when to go the transfer? Monash actually had a higher success rate for FET then for fresh. Hope it's true for you.

Aleja, sounds like good news . Have you had clomid before?

AFM- I'm good! Wasted money on a breakfast out this morning which I couldn't eat cause it made me sick. Feels like my boobs have been mashed with a meat tenderizer. I'm starting to worry a little less which is good. Glad I feel sick though, reminds me it's happening I guess.
How is everyone else? Xx

I'm 4dp2dt, so really too early to test. I was wide awake at 3:30 so got up and did it then, and of course didn't get back to sleep till 5 over thinking it lol. Don't think I'll test again till next weekend when hopefully it'll be more accurate.
Wish I remember having morning sickness when I was pregnant with Keyara, I suffered feeling awful from 6 weeks till 12 weeks everyday and woke up one morning feeling completely normal. Then panicked and cried wanting it back cause I didn't feel pregnant anymore, wow that was so long ago, would love to feel nauseas now lol.

Something to do with your bloods Wish :shrug: will find out the info tomorrow :)

So happy to hear you are feel crappy, means baby is doing well :dance:

WishandWait: As DH is Asian so ED in Thailand would work fine for us. Ultimately people would just think the child was from his previous marriage (or lover!!!) I guess.

Aleja - yes there are almost no EDs where we live. I understand the situation is pretty dire all over Australia. Long waiting lists and fewer and fewer donors each year :(

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for today. In exactly 12 hours I'll be sitting in that doctor's office.....

Hope the appt went well Maddy :)

Have you tested again yet Take? :dust:

You need a new ticker Wish :haha:

Hi ladies,

Update on me, well feeling very unpregnant, so starting to loose my optimism, haven't tested again, think I'll try and wait till the weekend, don't want to spend all week holding pee sticks up to the light saying 'I think I can see a second line'.
Anyways time will tell.
Where are you up to Miss Redknob? How are you going?

Hey ladies. We were absolutely shocked that our doc has suggested 3 cycles of IUI instead of IVF - At 41yo the success rates at our clinic are the same for both procedures. Since I don't have any issues except 41yo eggs (sperm motility is the issue), the doc thinks getting the sperm up close to the eggie might do the trick. Gosh I hope so. If it's okay I still plan to keep in touch here though, as we will be looking at IVF afterwards if this doesn't work.

Thanks so much for asking, we haven't told anyone around us, so it's just DH, me and the community here...

Don't lose hope Take, got everything crossed for you Hun :hugs: I had my baseline bloods yesterday, and going for more tomorrow. Got my drugs yesterday so I am already to go once I ovulate :)

Glad to hear your appt went well Maddy :) You are more than welcome to stick around :hugs:

That's exciting miss Redknob, are you expecting to O soon?

Maddy I hope your doctor is right, IUI is so much easier so would be awesome if this worked for you. I hope you stick around, I look forward to hearing how you go :)

Take 2 don't give up hope yet , stay positive !
Miss red & aleja , so glad to see you are on your way ! How exciting xx
Maddy, iui maybe your ticket to mummyhood good luck with it !
Wish - how you feeling ? I hope the morning sickness ( well all day sickness I call it ) isn't too bad !

As for me time is going so so slow now, it's getting hard to sleep & very uncomfy, 10 more weeks till my c- section ( maybe 9 weeks ) if my placenta is still too low , will find out at 34 weeks scan !
Other than being a whale all is good !

Don't give up hope that the placenta will still move Taylah, 2 of my friends had a low lying placenta and with both it moved in time. The main thing is that you have a safe delivery though so if it ends up being C Section thats the way it has to be. I can't believe how close you are now though, the last month or 2 just drag though don't they, I went 9 days over with my daughter and felt like I'd been pregnant for 3 years lol

I agree with Take, it still has 9-10 weeks to move..You never know :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->