Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Waiting for follie scan and feeling nervously sick! How's everyone else?

Wish, how did your scan go? Was it today? :hugs:

AFM, I have a BT tomorrow morning to check that everything is on track. Then go in sunday for embryo transfer :happydance: (hoping our beautiful little blast defrosts beautifully)...

How's everyone else travelling? :hugs:

Oh I hope they thaw wonderfully too you deserve it mate!!
I had my scan today and I had 12 follies on left ovary with 7 of good size and 4 goodies of 7 on the right. Egg pick up Wednesday! Eeek!

Hi girls it's so exciting to hear some of you are on your way again .

Mj wishing you and your little emby the very best for Sunday:kiss:

And wishing same for the EPU

No AF for me im on CD 40 and completely bored of waiting:sleep:
Im thinking of calling the clinic this week if she still isnt here.

Hi girls, I just realised that I haven't updated you girls. Yesterday went really well. We have one A grade re-expanding blastocyst on board with a 100% defrost rate :cloud9:. So, PHEW!!! Mind you, our other two have been the same so only time will tell if this one is to be our beautiful bubba. We were in at 8am & finished 10 minutes later. This time I have had cramps after the procedure, which I haven't had before & also a stitch-like feeling in my side. So I'm hoping that this procedure maybe got it into a deeper place where it can burrow, burrow, burrow in... DH has been beautiful, looking after me, getting me cups of tea etc. Last time afterwards I didn't rest, we walked around the city for 1.5 hours & I was really busy; that was a BFN. So this time I'm taking full advantage of the long weekend & am resting up. I know they say that resting up doesn't make a difference, but I just want to follow the path of least regret this time.

How is everyone else going? Big hugs :hugs: beautiful girls xx

Hi ladies back from Fiji - was so great to escape the horrible weather but was feeling sick for half the day everyday - not complaining though as it is reassurance my little peanut is still in there, I go for my scan on Monday, so nervous to see if it's in there & if there is a heartbeat :-0
It's so good to hear you are all on track for this cycle
Wish - great numbers for your follie count :)
Mj- sounds promising I had all the kinds of pains you are describing after my transfer xx
Aleja- sorry she hasn't showed up yet, are you sure u r not preggas??
Dancing queen- great to see you back & great to hear the dhea is going well :)
We should organise a meet up sometime soon especially since we all live so close by xxx

Hey ladies! Epu done! Got 8 eggs is that good? Wasn't an unpleasant experience at all really!

Got news today that only two of the eight fertilized. Shattered. Going for a 3 day transfer instead of a 5 cause we just dont have the number :(

Hi Wishandwait!

I'm the same age as you and have just been through my first cycle with The Fertility Centre, now in the dreaded 2WW. It was totally not as tough as I thought, but the 2WW sucks! I'm 28 with no problems and above average AMH, DH is also fine and has 2 boys from a previous relationship. I have fallen preggo naturally twice, once in 2007 and once in 2009 but chose to terminate (don't judge everyone!) so I know we can fall preggo but Iam so impatient and I'm at a great stage with my career etc to start a family now.

Have you started your first cycle?

Emxx

Don't worry about only 2, I was on super low stims and only got 2 follicles and 1 egg! That little egg was a champ though and was a 4 call by our 2 day transfer, it only takes one! Are they letting you put 2 embryos back? My clinic only allow 1 because of my age.

Thanks Em, makes me feel better. I just expected so much more I guess. They will only let me put one back which is ok cause its my first cycle...if it doesn't work out I and we get low numbers with a second I might push for more. I'm feel about 20 weeks pregnant just from bloat post-stims to be honest! When is your beta?

Actually my clinic doesn't test until 14 days dpo! Fingers crossed but its such an affordable clinic and so lovely nurses that I'll be ok to go again (although a little disappointed if no BFN!). My clinic only aims for 5 eggs so use low stims, they'll readjust for me next round. Fingers crossed for no AF!

Hi Girlies,
How are you all?
Wish and wait i am very excited for you, all sounds very encouraging:) , keeping everything crosses. I was also very bloated.
I asked the consultant just before transfer was it normal to feel so bloated and he said yes...i think i was half preparing the guy incase i broke wind on him!!Could you imagine!? NIGHTMARE!!
MJ, good to hear you rested up and are feeling good, and reassuring too to hear that the pains are similar to Taylahs, i really hope this is it!! :)
Taylah glad to hear you had a good holiday hun, shame about the sickness but as you say...all good signs. XX
So as for me, two weeks on the DHEA, feeling fine, no acne, hair growth etc ..YET!and have been on the nasty nasal spray 5 days but so far so good. Although whoever told me it was a rank taste is exactly right! It tastes disguisting!!
Apart from that...no other news...all very boring.
Have a baby shower to go to at the weekend....wish me luck.
XX

Em- Good luck love!
Dancing Queen- Nasals are THE worst. Id take 10 injections...I know they said to alternate nostrils but I usually used the one that was the least blocked. By day 10 my throat and nose were so dry it would make my eyes water when I used them. Oh the things we do...my sister said to me my baby better "shit gold and spew beer" for all you go through to get it hahaha. How eloquent!
Good luck with the baby shower love, I threw 2 in the last two months! They suck! Be prepared for the obligatory "When are you guys gonna start?" If they only knew hey!

Hi ladies
Wish did you end up having the transfer? It only takes 1 good embryo so even though 2 doesn't seem like a lot it may not matter.
Hope the bloating goes away. I hated that feeling I felt so sick at the time.

MJ hope the 2ww is going well . The weekend weather was perfect for relaxing so hope you got some good zen time. Do u think u will POAS?

Taylah how did the scan go on Monday?

Dancing queen, yay no side effects yet! That nasal spray sounds horrid ..ugh!

Ok so for me no AF . Not prggers either (it would be hard for me to fall pregnant due to low sperm count ). FS has prescribed Provera to bring on af. Can't believe it has gotten to this.
I have decided to go back on herbs starting next cycle - this was the only thing that Kept cycle under 30 days when I was taking it last year.

Ps the only thing I loathe more than baby showers is 1st birthday parties. I have a few of these this year...sigh

Aleja- Hope the provera brings on AF... are your cycles usually long? I know how it feels wishing AF would come so you can move on!

Both eggies are now embryos yay! Having transfer tomorrow and acupuncture first..... Anyone know the difference in success rates 3day transfer Vs 5day transfer?

Wish, good luck with the transfer. Remember, it only takes one good emby & I've heard of plenty 3 days making it & lots of 5 days that don't, so keep up hope :dust:

Aleja, hope that AF comes soon for you. Waiting is the worst.

danc1ingqueen, I'm a bit scared of the nasal spray (luckily I've nevr had to use it) but I've heard it can have some nasty side effects, so good that you're not having any yet.

Taylah, any more news on bubba? You must still be on :cloud9:

AFM, I have less than a week to go now, I did test yesterday & as to be expected it was a BFN, I know it's too early though. I'm going to test again on Sunday, that will be 3 days before my expected period & 12dpo. It's kind of weird to think that it's either happening or it's all over by now. Please God let this one be our baby, we need this so badly...

:dust::dust::dust: to everyone xx

MJ that is way too early for testing but its okay to cave in! I really hope this is the one for you too....you are PUPO so hope you are enjoying every minute

Wish, GL on transfer tomorrow...so exciting!!!

Girls I am also envious your cycles are happening ( i know that may sound bad though). At this point in time, me getting to do my FET seems like an achievement and a mammoth task!!!

MY cycles are usually long 33-38 days but i ovulate on my own ...this cycle I don't even think I ovulated. I did a million OPKs and didnt get a positive . maybe I missed the surge but I think it didn't happen. I really wanted a blood test & ultrasound to see what's going on but FS just prescribed the Provera. I am a bit annoyed about this as the last thing i want is more drugs but now I am getting a bit desperate.

Hi ladies,

It is really nice to see how supportive of one another you all are. I am new to this world of IVF. My DH & I have been married for 10 months and TTC for about 6 before we were gently suggested to try IVF.

I've got long standing gynae issues, had my first surgery at 9 yrs old (salphingo-oopherectomy on one side) and I've had 4 other major surgeries since then to remove ovarian Dermoid cysts. DH, on the other hand, is working perfectly.

We have started a cycle now (in Brisbane) and I'm going through that horrible nervous wait before embryo transfer that so many of you have talked about. I had only 5 follicles, 3 eggs and 2 fertilized. ET on this Monday.

Any advice ladies about ET? What should I expect and, from your experiences, any do's or dont's? Also wondering, we've been told that after ET there's a 10 day wait for blood tests to find out whether it's stuck. Anyone do the home tests earlier then this?

Wishing you all the very best of luck.
P xo

Hi ladies I've got 2 more sleeps until my first scan - so anxious !
Wish - by the sounds of things you may be having your ET today sending you lots of sticky sticky baby dust, it only takes one Hun I really hope this is your bub, are they going to freeze the other one??? Make sure you get lots of lazy time on the lounge afterwards, they say it's not nessecary but I did especially the day of transfer & tried to be as lazy as possible for the next 2-3 days as well - cant hurt right?
Mj - how u feeling? R u still having little pains here & there? How many days post transfer are you? Got everything crossed for you! Any update on your hubby's situation yet?
Em - good luck Hun
Pickles- good luck with your ET on Monday , it's really the easiest partof all, a bit like a pap smear, they say go about your normal activities but as I said above I rested as much as I could, no sex for at least 5 days ( until implantation ) & stay positive, my clinic never even did a blood test they gave me 2 hpt's to do on day 14 after transfer but of course I could not wait that long & started testing from day 5 after day 5 transfer, I got the faintest positive line on day 6 with a frer but it was so faint I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not, everyday after that it got darker & darker!
Wishing you all so much luck & love & lots of little Aussie babies xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->