Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Aleja! That is brilliant news!! So happy and excited to hear about that beautiful heart beat :flower:
Let us know how the scan goes tomorrow xxx

Red & Aleja wonderful news, good luck for today A ;)

AFM it's all over for this cycle. We've just gotten a letter from our FS saying he'd like to see us after 2 IUIs to talk about IVF.

So sorry about your chemical Maddy, sending you and DH lots of :hugs:
Hope the appointment with the FS goes well :)

Oh Maddy I'm so sorry to hear that, keep us updated what happens next x

Thank you ladies.
The second scan went well. they even gave us pictures. We definitely have 1 bubba in there. Phew!

Maddy I'm sorry to hear this. How do you feel about starting IVF ? Is it something you would consider ?

Thanks ladies. There's no way we could consider IVF at the Canberra price point, but if we could get referred to Westmead which is less than one-third of the cost then we might be able to swing it....

Hi Maddy, i think Taylah went through Westmead. she can probably tell you more about the referral process.
I can't see a reason why you couldn't self refer. Your GP will just need to give you a letter of referral.
I rang Westmead when I first learnt I needed IVF. they have a waiting list but they said that if you book in to see one of their FS privately you can get into Westmead faster than just being put on the normal waiting list. The list of FS is on their website.

Good luck Maddy...do you actually live in Canberra? Or are you travelling from somewhere? I think it should be one flat rate nation wide..mind you the success rates do seem to differ so much from clinic to clinic.

Well I had a beta done yesterday. They said my results should be available by 5pm but when I rang they were not so I have to wait till Monday now. Fingers crossed I get a nice xmas present..I'm not holding my breath though. I'm CD36 today and 10dpo, temps still up so I should try a be a little optimistic.
Had the delightful joy of packing my bags for our trip away, we're heading to the coast tomorrow, I'm still carrying the excess weight, so annoying. Have been eating well and exercise but haven't managed to shift a gram. Just tried on my swimmers to find a pair where my rolls didn't hang out..that was a challenge..won't go far without my sarong this summer lol
Hope everyone is all ready for Xmas and relaxed..esp all you duffered ladies, put your feet up xxx

Hope you have a great holiday Take and hope you get your duffed up news on Monday xx

Take2 good luck for Monday.

I'm going to see if our GP will refer us to Westmead (I'm sure she'll agree) but I also want our FS on board because I want to transfer all our test results so we don't have to do them again. We are doing one more round of IUI at the end of Jan first.

Hi ladies
Hope you all had a merry Christmas .

Take2 did you get the results??

Merry Christmas girls! Hope it was a good one!
I spent most of it trying not to spew but I'm definitely not complaining:) Boxing Day here in Perth is a scorcher so DH and I have just lazed about in the aircon and enjoyed hanging out with our puppy! Nice after the chaos of Chrissy day.
Blood are still looking good for bub and have our first scan next Wednesday. We are hanging out for it!
Lots of love to everyone xxx

BFN I'm afraid ladies. And my Christmas present was AF arriving Xmas morning, was not impressed. Anyways camping by the ocean down on the far south coast of NSW right now so life ain't too bad. Hope you're all having a good one x

Hey girls
Take, geez AF really knows how to spoil a party sometimes too. Sorry hon
The camping sounds lovely though. We were supposed to go camping next week to the south coast too but I've decided to not go now just in case .

Kirst, I've been doing plenty of lazying about lately- I have no energy whatsoever but I too feel so grateful

Miss Red I read your signature about the emergency scan. What happened? Hope you're ok

I'm ok now :) I woke up on Christmas Day and all my symptoms were gone, so major freak out lol. When I lost my two earlier this year thats what happened!! I was so scared but my OB was so sweet and came in and gave me a scan :) I am seeing him tomorrow for my normal appointment and another scan lol

Hi MissRed I am so glad everything was ok. I can understand why you would be extra cautious though. Some days I wake up feeling no symptoms either and it does worry me too

My Christmas was lovely but now I've come down with a nasty cold . So more bed time for me

Hey girls!

Hope you are all enjoying the end of 2012 and have a fantastic new year! 2013 is a special one for all of us, I'm sure!

Mind if I have a vent? I'm feeling a bit weird after my sil told me she is pregnant this arvo. I mean I should be happy and over the moon for her- and part of me is... But another part of me feels so sad and frustrated and jealous I guess. She is pregnant with her third and it was an 'accident' and is telling everyone hoe they just did it once and bam! All get babies her conceived like that and I guess it still feels like a slap after the gruelling year of ivf. I also feel a bit like it should be our turn to experience this miracle, without the comparison... She is due either two weeks after or two weeks before us (she often bleeds when pregnant and had another 'period' so didn't realise until 8 weeks or so with her last.) another thing I feel so mean to say is- she has two boys already and I feel like if we have a boy and she a girl, our baby will be far less exciting to the family than the arrival of the first girl.
God I am such a bitch for thinking this way- I absolutely adore my sister in law usually... I guess it's just the green eyed monster!

Thanks for listening ladiesxxx

Sorry for all the typos- I'm on my phone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->