Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

It's so frustrating how some people just 'accidentally' fall pregnant when others like us have to work so hard for it. I know it feels like this at the moment but I promise when the babies come along you won't care anymore. This is her third and your first so I'm sure everyone will be that little extra excited and interested for you because they've never seen you as a mum before. Try not to let this spoil your exciting time ahead honey x

Hi gals,
Kirst I think it's perfectly normal to feel this way. Some people will never understand what it's like to struggle and despair with infertility. My on SIL recently announced they will try for their second baby next year. They fell pregnant with my gorgeous nephew within 3 months so knowing their luck it will happen on command again. People like us unfortunately don't have the luxury to plan these things .
Take2 is right she is already a mother so the reality is that most family are used to their brood. Since its your first its definitely more exciting.

Have you told your family yet ?

So what's everyone up to on NYE? I am having a very quiet one at home:coffee:

It's so frustrating how some people just 'accidentally' fall pregnant when others like us have to work so hard for it. I know it feels like this at the moment but I promise when the babies come along you won't care anymore. This is her third and your first so I'm sure everyone will be that little extra excited and interested for you because they've never seen you as a mum before. Try not to let this spoil your exciting time ahead honey x

It's funny you mention this. Just this morning I was lurking in a couple of the pregnancy forums (I'm not confident in going there yet) and I saw a post titled something like "I had sex with two guys and now got a BFP" she pretty much wants to know who is the father is?? I sound judgemental but really?!?!

Yeah I'm with you Aleja, I know everyone has their own individuals problems when TTC or getting pregnant but most women on here in my experience are good genuine people who are having problems concieving, then you read posts like that one you described and I really just can't muster up sympathy or advice, sigh some people hey!

I'm just at melbourne airport picking up my daughter then heading up to Moama to stay in a cabin by the Murray River, BBQ and dip in the pool and in bed early for us. Too old to party all night these days lol

Kirsty your feelings are totally normal. I love my sister but I would be jealous if she fell pregnant again now. I don't know why ppl think its ok to brag about how easy it is for them to get pregnant...it's so weird it's not like they've knowingly achieved something, like completing a marathon their bodies just did the thing they are supposed to do! It sounds bitter and it's not intended to be. I just find that a lot of people tend to share this directly after you've told them of your struggle.. 'Oh you have to do ivf? That sucks..Brad must have super sperm because he breathes on me and I get pregnant" SPEW! It happens all the time. I agree with the other girls though, this is your first and that's so special. My family have been triple as excited cause they know what I went through to get here! Hope all you bfp girls aren't too sick and Maddy, take and chook...2013 will be your year! So much to look forward to.
I've told all my friends that I'm going to someone else's party tonight so I can do ejay I really want to do... Sit in bed watching Sons of Anarchy and eating cereal!! Xx oh and home stretch Taylah woo hhooooo

Thanks so much for reassuring me girls! It is so good to have somewhere to go to vent and be completely understood!
Aleja- you post about that girls is hilarious! some people really have no idea do they?! We have told our families and they are over the moon for us... So we really are very lucky. Both sides of the family got us little pressies for the baby which was so lovely (but did freak me out bit as I am still so nervous about miscarriage)
Our first scan is tomorrow night and I absolutely can't wait!

Take - our new year was very quiet too. We were down south of Perth near the beach with family. Lots of swimming and bbqs too. It was perfect! Hope you enjoy your break!

Wish - you are so right... People who have never experienced the frustration and devastation of infertility will never really get it. How are you feeling?? 14 weeks now- yippee! Your new year sounds brilliant too! I have been hoeing into the cereal lately as well. Delish!

Love to everyone xxx

Hi ladies , just back from holidays & wanted to say I hope you all had a happy Xmas & new year xxx

I had a great holiday but not without drama OF COURSE ! Day 2 of holiday i had some pretty heavy bleeding & freaked out especially when I passed a big blood clot, turned out it was a clot from my fall & bleeding completely stopped once I passed the clot ! 36 weeks today & over it, my legs & feet are really swollen & I'm huge now so sleeping is hard I'm awake around 5 times to pee - getting me used to getting up for bub :) anyway just can't wait to meet my bub now !

It's hard not to resent people who get pregnant easy but we get over it & are happy for others cause that's just what we do - been there xxx

Oh I didn't even make it to midnight this year for new years - lol I got to watch the kids fire works

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me joining in...my name is Louise and I'm in Adelaide. Really hoping to start IVF through Repromed in the next few months. Have my nex appt the 23rd of this month and I get the feeling FS will recommend Clomid and IUI but hubby and I have talked about bypassing and heading straight for IBVF -any advice regarding this? Anyone do the same? Anyone happy they went straight to IVF?

I am a bit scared about work, I don't want to tell them why I need time off if I do, it's already hard enough with my FS appt's. What time did you need off, if any, when going through IVF? And how did you work it around FT work?

Thanks for any responses!

Hey valentine , welcome!
It depends on what the reason for your infertility is with what your fs will reccomend. It's just as expensive to do IUI as ivf where I am so it wasn't an option for me. Clomid is cheap and although I had no success on it I know lots of ppl who have including my best friend twice.
I felt comfortable in telling my work and they were massively supportive. I had three days for EPU and 5 for transfer...I had it more for emotional reasons cause I wasn't sick or sore at all.
Good luck mate keep us updated! Xx

Kirst- how was your scan can't wait to hear!

Hi girls,
Our scan went horribly today :( there was a yolk sac but they couldn't find a baby. The doc said it could be hiding lower down and he just couldn't see it with his crap scanner- or it's a missed miscarriage. We are beyond devastated. We have another scan at a radiology place tomorrow. The waiting is torture :(

Oh kirst, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and hoping for good news tommorow chic xx Try and get some sleep x

Kirs_t I have read so many stories like this where the baby turned out to be fine, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes yours will be one of these stories. Thinking of you and wishing you so much luck, let us know how it goes x

Oh Kirst, I agree with Take. Try and stay positive and get some rest :hugs:

AFM, sorry I have been MIA I have been so sick just don't have any energy to do anything. Work is such a struggle at times but I manage to push through :)

Kris- t , thinking of you Hun , I hope all goes well today, please keep us posted xx
Miss red - hope you feel better xx

Hi everyone else , hope you are all well !

I can't believe you are 36 weeks already Taylah, where did the time go :)

Hi girls,
The news was bad today.... We have had a missed miscarriage. I'm so she'll shocked and heartbroken. We just didn't expect this as all the bloods and everything looked good. Trying to figure out what to do next. The clinic has said I can choose to miscarry naturally (but it may take weeks) or take a tablet or have a d&c. I'm so confused about everything.
Thank so much for your support xxx

Oh kirsty I'm so so sorry mate, I'm lost for words. Hope you are taking some time for yourself xx

Oh Kirsty thats awful, I just can't believe it, you had been experiencing morning sickness..it just doesn't make sense does it? Did they re-do your bloods? Have the HCG levels dropped? Don't rush into making a decision on how to proceed, take your time, talk to people, do your research and if there is anything I can do (prob not except read your vents but I feel like I need to say that), keep us updated..big hugs xx

Oh hunny I am so sorry, words can't not express how upset I am right now for you and your DH :cry: Make sure you take the time to think about what you want to do. We are all here for you when you are ready :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->