Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Getting all excited about Egg Retrieval tomorrow.

Got a question, if its successful and I am lucky enough to get a BFP, what is considered conceptions date?
Would be Egg Retrieval day when sperm meets egg or Embryo Transfer when its put inside me???
I'm thinking Egg Retrieval day

So excited for you lyghtning... Conception is considered retrival day x good luck!

Thanks ladies, it was such a scary time but so worth it now to have my beautiful baby girl in my arms.
its 3am so guess what I'm doing ? Up breast feeding of course, so funny i was dreading the lack of sleep but i just dont seem to mind getting up for Harper ! I will try to post some updated pics , when I tried yesterday it kept saying file is too large , will try something different tomorrow !

Wish - what a cute bump pic !

Dancing queen - so good to hear from you, don't give up hope Hun , it is worth all the heart ache !

Lightning - GL with your egg retrieval xxx

Hi aleja, miss red , Maddy & anyone I missed xxx

Lyghting- good luck tomorrow, make sure you keep up your fluid intake after the procedure and take it easy, rest up for transfer day..sending you loads of baby dust

Wish- Yummy Mummy or what!!! :)

Well I'm a bit deflated this morning. AF showed up this morning. These last 2 cycles after the failed IVF have been 38 days which according to my temps I ovulated cd26. Prior to this my cycles were between 29 and 32 days. So all these meds have screwed up my hormones I guess. My partner spoke to our fertility nurse yesterday and told her about the increase in cycle length and random spotting and she thinks we should run some tests again. Sigh! Anyways looks like its FET for me this month. On a positive note she did say she was open to discussing transferring 2 embys this time :)

Taylah- that story was absolutely horrifying. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.
But my god- that is the cutest little girl I have ever seen!!! Congrats, she is gorgeous!

Wish- yummy mummy is right!! You look amazing!! Keep the pics coming as that beautiful bubba grows :)

Take - that really sucks that af arrived :( but exciting that fet is here! I found the fet cycle went so quickly! Hopefully only a month till your bfp! Let us know how how the tests go.

Thinking of you today lightning xxx

ok so I'm confused now, I presumed when i went to the bathroom this morning and there was bright red blood when I wiped (sorry TMI) that AF had arrived but since then nothing but a tiny amount of brown and nothing at all last couple of hours. So either AF is playing games or I'm still in the game. I'm testing tomorrow which will be 14dpo, fingers crossed!

Kirsty- Hows the trip going?

Hiya,

Oh Take, hopefully you are still in the game...you never know. will keep it all crossed for you.
My AF did something similar last time, i felt like i was at the loo every five minutes inspecting my knickers!!! and it was a week late...completely messing with my head. Oh i hope it is good news for you XX

Wish...you look great! very yummy mummy indeed! go girl!

Aleja, im so glad you are past twelve weeks, that is great news, must be quite a relief getting to that.

Lyghtning- hope the Retrieval goes really well for you today..its exciting and such a nervous thing all at once, but good that you hopefully have the weekend to rest.

Miss Red, am glad to hear all is well.

Hi to Emiline and Maddy...sorry if i have missed anyone
xx

Hope everything went well today Lyghtning xx

Really hope you are still in the running Take, got everything crossed for you xx

Hope all you other ladies are well xx

Well DH and I caved today and bought our nursery furniture, pram and car seat as the baby store we love has been sold and they were having a massive sale :) couldn't help myself :haha:

Dancing queen- it seems our bodies just love to play games. I rang the clinic and they got me to have a beta at lunch time, just got the call with the negative result so I'm out. So now the joy of waiting for AF that seems to be missing in action. Just want to get started on the next cycle and do out FET.
My poor partner is copping my crappy mood this afternoon. I know he feels so guilty as our problem is male factor but I'm just not in the mood for being understanding, prom PMS lol. I just feel like its all on me now, the meds, the ultrasounds, the transfer. As we are doing a FET he literally has NOTHING to do with this round. His job is all done. Sigh!! Anyway I will shake this nasty arse mood off and get on with it. Sorry for my big whinge session ladies.
Lyghtning- I hope you are one of the first time lucky ones and that you've got through today well.

Take - that is so crappy. The whole thing is just so bloody unfair. Glad you could come here to vent a little. I know what you mean about feeling like its up to you to do everything with the ivf. I feel like that and it's a problem with both Dh and I. I'm also in a poop - and I'm mid cycle so can't even blame pms :) thinking of you and wishing you love and luck for this next cycle. Xxx

Miss red- that is so so exciting!!! What did you pick? I bet it feels more real now! X

It is exciting Kirst :) We got the Bugaboo Cameleon 3, Safe n Sound Platnium car seat and the Boori Sleigh Royale cot, change table, tall boy and bassinet!!

Take 2, Sorry to hear that, I hope this cycle moves faster for you.

Miss Redknob, how exciting! I will be so special once you start to actually use it all :)

AFM, I had egg retrieval this morning and I don't know whether to be happy or gutted, a little bit of both really.

They retrieved 25 eggs, 19 of which are mature enough to use but because there were so many they are doing a 'freeze all' which means no transfer on Wednesday.
They say I have to rest my ovaries for a month after my next period so I think we're looking at late march to do what I though was going to happen in 5 days.

I am so happy to get so many eggs, I hope 70% fertilise and 40% turn into blastocysts like the statistics say but I'm so gutted to play the waiting game again

Good evening ladies!! What a day! Just got back from a fish and chips in the park with my partner and daughter and her friend from school, great blues band was playing and the kids danced, very relaxing. Not before I stomped around all arvo snapping at Wayne, poor guy! I lost my shit..had a minor dummy spit about the situation..and now feeling heaps better. He very patiently let me get it off my chest bless him.
Home now and enjoying a cider, AF seems to be kicking in as we speak so why the hell not I say!!
So nice to talk to all of you guys, people who know exactly what you're feeling and no judgement is passed.
Taylah, wish, aleja and Miss redknob, your stories keep me motivated and hopeful that we will get there eventually.
Kirsty- I think about you and everything you've been through and feel I have nothing to complain about, would be so nice to have a drink together and have a good whinge but I'll settle with drinking as I type and I'll picture you enjoying a drink as you read this lol. Hang in there and hopefully soon you and I will have our BFPs soon too.
Lyghtning- I can only imagine how completely frustrating it must be for you to now have to wait. Great numbers though and with luck and a bit of rest your body will be in the best possible condition to implant when you finally get to transfer.
Dancing queen- Thinking of you as I know this journey has been as long for you as almost anyone, hang in there!!
Anyone else I've missed, big hello and hope you all have a top weekend.
Over and out from me and cheers :)

Take your message made me smile! Glad you're feeling a little better xxx

just a little update, of the 19 eggs retrieved yesterday 16 have fertilised. I'm over the moon with that. Will find out Monday how many turn into Blastocysts.
Then just the 2mw (2 month wait) to put them in. Will just have to keep myself busy. Will be looking on hear and hope to see a lot of BFP's

Hiya,

Congrats Lyhtning on getting so many eggs and a good sign too that so many are mature & fertilised you poor thing though you must be feeling as tender as getting all those removed.
As someone else said ...keep the water going and rest up as much as you can! You deserve it after what you have just done!

Take- you are funny, your message too made me laugh. It is so nice that we can all relate to those moods and days when you just feel like screaming at DH saying " why do i have to do feckin everything? you stick needles in yourself , have scans every other day up your hoo haa, then shove pessaries up your hoo haa, have limited caffeine , limited exercise and no alcohol!! sorry not that i'm bitter about it!lol
Enjoy your cider girl!! :)
Kirsty so sorry to hear it didn't work out this time hun, sending hugs.xx

Miss Red....all your new stuff sounds lovely...hard to refuse it when it's all going on sale too.Wahooo

Have a great weekend ladies.

XXXX

Dancing queen- Just had a good old giggle reading that. I never would have imagined that when trying to conceive I'd have so many different people looking and fiddling up my hoo haa..and very rarely is it actually the person I'm trying to conceive with lol.

Lyghtning- your numbers sound really good, how exciting and I look forward to hearing how they all develop

AFM my stop start period/spotting/not period continues. A couple of very light amounts of blood last night and this morning and the smallest brown spotting for the rest of the day, seriously I could nearly get away with not even using a liner..a panty liner is more than handling this barely there amount of blood..not sure weather I count this as my period or not..so frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->