Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Thanks so much girls.

Maddy sending you a massive HUG!!

Lyghtning, hope you are doing ok:) Hugs for you too...in fact hugs for you all for being so lovely.
Wish, you are so tight, it starts invading your every thought! I have just made myself a wine spritzer....just a small one! :) instantly helping...

xxx

Well I was so excited to read the newspaper headline 'Regular medication in pregnancy can reduce headaches, stress and weight gain'....shattered to read on and realize it actually said 'meditation.' No way hippy day-naps! I want some pills! Hahahaha

1000 posts girls xxx

Wish, I totally agree with the pills if they work.
yes it seems meditation and calmbirth is all the rage these days. It's whatever floats your boat I think and I wouldn't be turning down an epi to keep chanting and meditating if it came to that

Girls, I had wine, beer, coffee, went to a music festival all during my last FET. A little wine for self care is completely ok x

Lyghtning I had mild OHSS and that's why I think my fresh cycle didn't work! I was so uncomfortable and looked 5 months pregnant, my DH kept rubbing it saying I can't wait til you are this bog for real :haha: Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Take really hope the doctor's plan works and and your body does what it is suppose to do or you get a clomid bfp :dust: xx

Dancing, hope the reason for being down today is because your pregnant, I was down a few days before my bfp xx

Maddy sending you lots of :hugs: xx

Aleja and Wish hope you are both well xx

AFM had our NT scan all went well, measurement was 1.68mm and told we are low risk.

Great news bout the scan miss red! Xxx

Dancing - am holding my breath for you! Have you tested yet? Sending so much love and hope!

Take- fingers crossed for this cycle! Clomid might do the trick and no fet needed :)

Hi to everyone else, will pop in to write more soon!
Xxx

- aleja, you are completely right! Sometimes wine is the only answer in a tww! Hope you're feeling great :) xxx

sigh!! seriously I found out 3 people I know are pregnant in the last week. So I have at least 6 friends pregnant at the moment. Of course I'm happy for all of them but..well you all know the feeling.
One is a friend of a friend who went through her first IVF at the same time as me. It sounds terrible but I was so sure if either of us would get pregnant it'd be me. She is 4 years older than me, always been quite under weight and has health issues. Of course I'm happy for her because I realise I have more time on my side to make this happen but how is it her body accepts a pregnancy and mine doesn't. I'm 32 so still on the younger side, I'm a healthy weight, I eat well and exercise, seriously its REALLY frustrating.
And another good friend has just asked me to be her bridesmaid in March next year, of course I said yes and I am really excited, and then she tells me the other bridesmaid is pregnant, 12 months ago this girl had massive problems with her hormones and periods and was told she would never conceive naturally, and guess what?? they did of course. And now I'm wondering if I will have had just had a baby or could be heavily pregnant for the wedding..or worse..still not pregnant.
Anyways I just needed a little rant, good to get these things off your chest with people who understand!

Hi y'all....picked up my IVF referral letter yesterday to send off with my pack of test results etc. Blood test this morning at 10dpiui and this p.m. but not feeling confident at all.

But a bit excited that ToysRUs are having their once-a-year baby sale next week. Can't wait to buy a few bits for my brother and SIL. Our local one have already started marking stuff down - I just got some winter Bonds stuff (last season) down from $27 to $8. Love a bargain!

Hiya,
Miss REd, that is fantastic news on the scan, you must be delighted to be low risk and all is going well! YAY!!
Maddy, i hope your bloods went well today thinking of you. Those are some bargains at ToysRus...love a bargain myself...all my mates have babies so i might down there! Like i have any money to spend!!lol

Take it would be so wonderful if you got a bfp and didn't have any more of this crap to do. I will keep it all crossed for you.
I am to be a bridesmaid at the end of May in the UK, and i obviously would love to be, but if i get preggo i am not doing the flight. I am on blood thinners and its just too risky. It's frustratning just not knowing were you will be at!

Wish you made me laugh on the meditation bit! haha. Yes it seems to be this calm birth is all the rage i have had a couple of mates do it, one just had a little girl last week...she said if she had to do it again...she would take the drugs!!:)

Hope you are going good lyghtning.
Hi to Aleja....i did enjoy my little wine last night. X

Love to anyone i have missed
xx

Hi ladies!

I've only posted here once and forgot about this thread!

Hubby & I have just decided to go ahead with IVF. I'm unexplained but hubby had low count, not terrible but not great. So we had a choice to keep trying or icsi and we've chosen icsi! Follow up appt in 2 weeks to get hubby's carrier bloods back. Sooo excited and so anxious too!

How long after you ladies decided or were told to go ahead with ivf did the process start for you? I'm so scared we won't even start ivf for 2-3 months with all the waiting for appts and going on BCP (just found this out :( ) and I'm struggling with all this waiting argh!

Just done a bit of reading of all you ladies recent updates!

So excited for those of you who've gotten their BFP, gives me so much hope that it will happen for me at some stage!

And for those who haven't yet, I really hope you get your BFP soon! Here's hoping 2013 is the year!!!

Been trying to get onto the website Maddy and it's not working :growlmad:

Valentine, nice to hear from you :) I had my appointment with the Dr on the 31st May and was scheduled for ER on the 21st September but I was PGD! Was on the BCP for 6 weeks prior to ER xx

Heya, Valentine congrats on making the decision to move ahead.

Got blood results and looks like another chemical preg here - HCG is only 2.3 which is so low they don't even count it as possibly viable. Plus my progesterone has dropped 50% since Monday even with hoo-haa bullets per day. I may have sounded slightly freaked...suddenly the FS has a cancellation and his office has moved our IVF consult to tomorrow so we can discuss with him whether to start a 3rd IUI cycle next week or not.

Aww Maddy, can they run another blood test? There are so many stories about women with low rising HCG levels? Sending you lots of :hugs:

Oh maddy I'm sorry mate. Hoping for good news for you guys tomorrow.

Red- congrats on the good news from nt! It's such a relief.

Take- Its so shit getting news about others pregnancies. I stopped feeling guilt about it a long time ago. It's such a private kind of sadness and unless you've lived it, you won't understand it. There's a really good chance you won't be making that wedding though, I'm hoping you don't get there for the best kind of reason!

Dancingqueen- I spent the first 4 weeks of my pregnancy wasted! Woops. We were on holidays and I was told I couldn't conceive so I did the only natural thing and drank the shop dry. It's a crazy hard time babe! Enjoy a fat Sav!!!

How the holiday Kirst?

Bump pic aleja?

On the hippy drug front... I booked into the hospital the other day and my midwife asked me 'Have you put any thought into how you would like to have this baby?' I looked at my husband and then at her and said very seriously 'Craig and I have done a lot of research and I would like a general anesthetic please.' She didn't think my joke was funny. Honestly though I kinda feel like labour is a competive sport with women and unless your labour was at least 32 hours long, totally drug-free and you tore vagina to butt then you're not really a mother and you don't love your child as much. My motto is 'no shame in no pain' hahahaha start the epi now! If men gave birth 'natural' would only be an option if you were stuck in a cave and there was no peyote around hahah. Anyways..

Hi to any I've missed

Can't remember if I asked you wish, are you and DH going to find out the gender?

Yeah Red we're having a girl! Got a gender scan at 16 weeks. Have my 20 week scan Monday. It's a completley individual choice but I'm so happy we found out. We call her 'her' now, she's got a lil identity if you know what I mean? Are you guys going to find out?

Oh that's right!! I use to have the best memory before falling pregnant :haha: We are hoping to find out in 2 weeks at 16 weeks. I agree it is personal choice. My DH thinks it's a girl and I am saying boy :)

Maddy- I hope your a slow riser, crossing my fingers for you

Wish- You are one funny lady, that midwife did not appreciate your humour..cracked me up!
I know what you mean about labour being a competitive sport..my labour with my daughter was 5.5 hours long and anytime I tell my labour story and in any way sound like I'm complaining people jump down my throat and tell me with such a short labour I was so lucky and have no right to whinge.
It may have been quick but I swear it was a 24 hour labour squished into 5.5 hours, very intense and not a breather to be had. I would have given my right arm for an epi (literally) but I dilated too quickly so wasn't an option.
I was not trying to be tough, I was begging for anything but kept being reassured it was nearly over, plan for next time is straight to the hospital and even the slightest sniff of contraction or water breaking and demanding all possible pain relief lol

Valentine- we had a failed IUI in august/sept and I was on the pill straight into that next cycle, had the egg retrieval and transfer in mid November so it was almost 2 months from IUI bleed started to IVF transfer

Hi ladies. Thanks for the good wishes. We met the FS this morning. He has just moved his IVF operations to Genea which he believes has far better IVF outcomes for older women than the previous clinic he used (the clinic which we are using for IUI). I felt bad explaining that we just can't afford Genea but he was very understanding and encouraged us to check out Westmead and others. (And of course now I'm running through the idea in my head that we get another low-interest credit card strictly for Genea costs....)

Anyways, we are doing a final IUI and will use this cycle to check out IVF options. If IUI fails then we can go straight into IVF next month (if we go with Genea) or maybe the following month (Westmead).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->