Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Take that's so shit! I remember the cycle I had before I was due to start meds was the longest I had ever had. I use to average 25-28 days max but that one was like 35!!! It felt so much like my body was working against me! You poor thing! Hopefully it is your period and this is your cycle.. If it is you are technically a few days pregnant right now haha. My clinic had higher success rates for frozen than fresh I hope it's true for you.
Lyghtning-Sucks that you can't go straight to transfer but they are some amazing numbers! I ended up with 1 embie so you guys are miles ahead. Rest up, there's a great chance you could have a summer baby yet!
Kristi- glad you're enjoying your holiday mate.. Hope you are drinking heaps of wine and lapping up the sun. It's impossible not to focus on cycles so don't feel bad about it xx
Dancing queen- it's awesome to see your name popping up again! Are you guys taking a break?
Taylah- how's that princess?
Maddy? How's the 2ww? So exciting!
And red.... Yay for nursery furniture! Feels good doesn't it?
Love to all xxx

Happy Monday everyone :hi: Hope everyone is good!

Take..gosh the spotting must be so frustrating. How dare your body hold up proceedings :haha:

Lyghtning..hope you are recovering okay from ER, when is your transfer?

Oh Red..love the Boori furniture :thumbup: Is it all delivered and set up yet? Do we get pics?!

Kristi...holiday chick - you lucky thing :wine:

Dancing Queen - hi there :flower:!

AFM....in the TWW on days off... :laundry::hangwashing::iron::dishes:

Does anyone know about Progesterone & E2 levels in the luteal phase? I'm on progesterone bullets (ewww BIG :shock: the first few times I stood up after the mandatory 30 mins lie-down). Nurse said today my 7dpiui levels (347) are "great, everything is looking really really hopeful". Sometimes I just wish they would get a computer to read out the results so you can't try to pick up any unspoken hints!

Hi Maddy, still very very uncomfortable from ER, looks like I'm already 5 months pregnant, I have a large fluid build up and in a bit of pain. My estrogens levels were over 10,000 so all in all my pain and discomfort is to be expected.

Its a very bitter/sweet situation as they retrieved 25 eggs
Bitter = they are doing a 'freeze all' which means a 2 month wait (makes the 2ww wait seem like nothing) I need to wait until my period starts, then wait the entire cycle until my next period starts. I'm devastated but understand the health implications.

Sweet = out of the 25 eggs, 19 were mature. 16 fertilised and found out today that 12 have divided into embyro's. Will know Wednesday how many blastocysts we will have for freezing.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there, no matter what stage you are at :)

Lyghtning glad you are well on your way, although I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. 12 seems like a lot to me, but the other ladies here will know more than me :) xxxx

Hi Girls :)

I know Wish it is very exciting :dance:

Maddy I have it all on layby as I don't need it yet :haha: But I will post pics I promise :)

Hope you feel better soon Lyghtning :hugs: That is fantastic that you have 12 growing!!

AFM - this pregnancy just keeps getting better, I have been suffering from a itchy woo haa and my OB did a swab lasy week and it came back with mild, mild thrush and Group B Strep positive. Have to take antibiotics the rest of the pregnancy :(

Hi girls,

Ah Miss Red, that is rotten!you poor thing, antibiotics until the end??!! well hopefully they will stop you itching, gosh there is nothing nearly as bad as an itchy hoo haa! and it's always in a bloody public place too were you have to stand and cross your legs for some minor relief

Lynhtning hope the bloating subsides soon, although that really was a great result there so at least it has been for some good. :)
Kristi , hope the holiday is going well , enjoy it all !!

Hey Maddy:)

Wish we aren't taking a break at the mo, i had two blastocysts transferred last Wednesday, but you know i am nearly frightened to even say anything as i feel like i am tempting fate and every time i even think about being pregnant ...it just isn't going to happen!! Yes screwed up i know, but i have a feeling AF is coming so i am NOT letting myself get excited in any way.

Has anyone been watching the two girls on M K Rules from NSW? I i want to smack them!!! How rude!!

Aleja, hope you are feeling well hun.
Sorry to anyone i have missed

xx

Dancing queen- I know exactly how you feel.. Even when I did get a bfp I didnt hold my breath... its just a but of srlf preservation babe xxx I won't say a thing and just secretly cross my fingers for you x

Red- arrgghhh.. I found out I had a latex allergy.. After my first Pap smear...I had to stop for fuel and I nearly backed up to a pole like a horse. Not my finest moment.

Lyghting- 12 is unreal. Keep us updated

Maddy- don't know much about the numbers chic, those pessaries gave me major headaches though which have come back with a vengeance since week 15 :( hoping you're doing ok x

And for all those who have been round since the start MJ had a beautiful baby boy today yay! A true miracle baby. Her story gave me so much faith so it's amazing to see it come full circle x

And dancing queen- those little shits on MKR drive me nuts. Hope they crash and burn tonight hahah

wish- you are a funny lady I am cracking up at your 'horse backing up on pole' comment, nothing worse than an itchy hoo haa!!! Men seem to think its socially acceptable to rearrange their fruit basket any time they wish, we on the other hand just have to stand rigidly flexing our pelvic floor muscles and suffering.

dancing queen- watching MKR right now..they are copping some serious karma tonight lol

AFM- Spoke to the nurse today about my FET cycle. Asked her whether I should be concerned about the fact that my cycles have been longer since the failed IVF and also should I be worried about the spotting, she says 'I can't answer that, you'll have ask the doctor, he is the gynaecologist not me'.
I thought that was a little rude but when I said ok I would like to talk to him she tries to organise an appointment for tomorrow. I have to travel almost 2 hours down there so I asked if she could talk to him first because I don't want to miss work if he isn't concerned.
She calls me back saying he wants to treat this cycle as a 'trial' cycle to see if I'm ovulating and just do clomid and ultrasound and postpone our FET. I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating still, just much later, and is that a concern for a FET?
Anyway my partner rang and asked if he could travel down and attend the appointment on behalf of the two of us to ask our questions, the nurse said 'no I don't think that's necessary', he said 'sorry we have questions that you can't answer so sorry it is' so they've agreed to a skype conference tomorrow at 5pm to answer our questions. We don't want to spend $1500 or there a bouts if my body isn't capable of sustaining a pregnancy for whatever reason. If there is a problem we want to correct it first.
Anyway was frustrating but hopefully tomorrow we'll get some answers.

Hi girls!
Wish- i absolutely love to hear the full circle stories! They definitely inspire and give hope! Your story does too xxx

Miss red - ouch! That really sucks about being on abs for the rest of the pregnancy :( hope things are better soon! How are u feeling now? Have you got a bump yet?
Aleja how bout you? Pics girls :)

Lyghtning- that is a brilliant number of fertilised eggs lady! I know it's frustrating to wait but hopefully that fet is your lil baby! Hope you're resting up and recovering. I reckon er is tough! Keep us posted on how you're going.

Dancing- oh I just read when you transferred and got a rush of excitement! Won't jinx you at all- but quietly hopeful for your good news xxx

Take- how's it going? That cycle of yours decided to play?

Maddy! Not too sure bout the luteal phase levels but google graphs with menstrual cycle hormones. Might help? I hope this is good news for you too! Keep us posted.

Taylah- how is that beautiful little girl of yours? What a cutie! I hope you're getting some rest Hun.

AFM- the trip is awesome but peppered with days when I end up in tears. We've been driving the great ocean road and just having a glass of wine over looking the beach! Need to have a blood test tomorrow (weekly till my hcg gets to less than 5) last week it was down to 95 but a preggo test today was still positive. Far out- its 4 weeks since d&c! This first period is going to be tough emotionally I think.

DancingQueen I have everything crossed for you hun xx

Wish I can not stand those two girls on MKR they are driving me crazy!! Yeah long course of antibiotics and a drips whilst in labour and while delivering :( xx

Take, I really hope the conference goes well tomorrow :hugs: what a rude nurse!! xx

So glad to hear your trip is going well Kirst, wish I was there enjoying a glass of :wine: with you xx I have got a bit of a belly going on, but DH hasn't taken a pic, I will have to get on to him :haha:

Kirst, it does seem like a bittersweet time for you hon. I hope you enjoy those wines because it may not be long before you will be off the alcohol for at least 9 months x

Maddy, those P4 levels sound excellent.. I think anything over 30 is suitable for sustaining a pregnancy.

Dancingqueen I barely mentioned my last FET for the same reason as you. Its hard to stay hopeful when the previous ones havent worked. I am thinking of you and hang in there

Lyghtening 12 embryos is amazing you will have plenty to freeze

Take2, my ICSI cycle last year completely stuffed my natural cycles. The first one after IVF was something ridiculous like 46 days. I got placed on provera and did Acupuncture to help AF come . Then the subsequent cycle I didn't ovulate so FS put me on clomid to continue with a FET.
I too was constantly annoyed with DH who didn't have to do anything except show up to the transfers.
I hope your AF comes properly but if not I recommend Acu or provera

Ms Red yikes an itchy hoo haa is no fun. Why are the antibiotics taken for so long?
That is lovely about the baby furniture. I have been thinking of going to have a look but it still doesn't feel real for me!!! Despite the fact my tummy is now starting to show. I still haven't told my work - I am just wearing baggy work shirts and the same skirt every day

Hey red and aleja I cannot wait to see those bump pics!
PS Ladies- watching 'Troy'... my god there are some hot specimens in next to no clothing running about looking amazing..!!!

So the doctor agreed its best to be 100% sure my body is doing everything it should be and my hormone levels are right before we invest our emotions, money and time into a FET cycle. He has decided to treat this cycle as a test cycle, I'm doing clomid days 5-9 (last night was the first dose), then cd12 ultrasound and cd21 progesterone test. He wants to be certain I still respond well to clomid and I am definitely ovulating and that my progesterone levels are where they need to be after ovulation.
So a bit disappointing to postpone our FET but I'd much rather give it the best chance of success by ensuring my body is in the best possible state to achieve pregnancy. And it is a clomid cycle so I guess we have a small chance of getting pregnant this cycle anyway. Wouldn't that be lovely!!
Hope everyone is well and looking forward to more updates on bumps, 2ww and transfers, and anything else that may be going on with anyone x

Take2, I kind of know how you feel, we cant do our FET for another 7 weeks or so because I had such bad OHSS after Egg Retrieval. I understand all the reasons for it and know if we get pregnant, the pregnancy will have a better chance if we wait but its still hard. I guess because I'm 38 I just want it all to happen sooner rather than later but got to do what the doctors say huh. Good luck !!!

and just an update, this OHSS sucks. Its been 5 days now and I'm only just starting to walk normally and be able get about. My tummy still looks very bloated as if I'm 5 months preggers and I keep rubbing it. Any one would think I am actually pregnant so praying no one actually asks if I am. Not sure how I would handle it.

hey
Lovely ladies, hope you are all having a good day.:)

I feel like poo today.....every one at work keeps asking am i ok as i am very quiet ( which is unusual for me) . I just feel like i wanna go and bury myself in a big bloody hole!
I bought 3 preggo tests today but am shitting myself at the thought of even using them.
Sorry am a misery guts today.:(
I really want a wine!!!!
PS Thanks for listening.xx

Danc1ngQueen me too...not really up to writing anything but I just WANT a big cold :wine: ...I have bloods Thursday and Saturday - last cycle i was hanging out to get news, this cycle I just don't want to know...

Lytning, dancing and Maddy big hugs to you all. I'm sending so many good wishes to you 2 in the 2ww, I really hope you both get your BFPs this round. Stay strong and hang in there with all your fingers and toes crossed x

Oh Maddy and dancing queen! I'm thinking of you ladies..
It's impossible for it not to invade your every waking thought, the only thing that gave me any comfort was knowing that either way I was only getting closer to my baby. A sneaky small wine isn't the worst thing ever.. Xxxxxx hopping so hard for you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->