Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Maddy its great that despite the bfn you can move onto another cycle straight away. Part of my stress was related to the waiting periods.. It sent me bonkers .
Genea is a great clinic but then again Westmead also has success. I personally know two women who both have babies because of westmead.
For me though I opted to stick with the FS despite the fact I was paying more (IVFA )

Valentine if you have already done all your preliminary testing etc you can probably start within a cycle or two. We started all our fertility tests in January/february last year, got diagnosis of MFI and my icsi cycle started in April.

Take2 I am still getting slightly upset hearing about pregnancy announcements . Just yesterday I finally emailed one of my close friends to tell her I am preggo then she replies she is also preggo with her second , due only a few weeks after me. Why do I still feel a bit down about this? Because 'everyone else' makes it sound so easy.

Wish you are so right about the competitiveness of it all.. my best friend thought she was being all high and mighty with doing calmbirth etc. during her labour she and her DH chanted together ( im not kidding) for 2 hrs. Then midwife told her she is still only 2-3cm dialated. So next came the screaming and swearing and begging for an Epi. She said the midwives were all smirking and giggling as they knew the chanting wasn't going to cut it.

Ms Red congrats on the scan result. It's another milestone down! I too am hanging for my 16 week scan to see what's happening on there !!

Wish I will post a tummy photo when I actually looks like a tummy and not a slab of blub :)

DancingQueen I am so so hopeful for you. Do you still go to IVFA Bondi? My FS told me at our last appt that they have been on a role with pregnancies. He said something about the weather or season!!!!

Maddy good news you can move on mate. You guys in Sydney are lucky to have so many options! Every step is getting closer to your lil one.

Aleja I totally get the pregancy envy even now. A girl at work announced she was pregnant two weeks ago and I thought 'Aww now I'm not special' I too envy the ease of ppl 'sniffing sperm' and getting pregnant. I don't feel bad about it anymore, I can't control what I feel only how I share it. That's why forums like this are so good, you can be totally honest and know there's a good chance someone else has felt the same,

As for the chanting it sounds like a great idea, ill practice mine now... 'Pleae shut up, bring me drugs. Please shut up, bring me drugs...'

Maddy good news you can move on mate. You guys in Sydney are lucky to have so many options! Every step is getting closer to your lil one.

Aleja I totally get the pregancy envy even now.

See that's the problem Wish, we're in Canberra so it's a 4-hour commute in each direction to Westmead....and DH only just got his P plates and gets nervous driving in Canberra traffic :) So you-know-who would have to do all the driving.

Oh sorry Maddy. We too traveled for treatment and it was shitty. At least DH has a company car so we didn't have to worry about fuel. And he's a confident driver. We did a lot of phone conferencing! We only ended up traveling to pick up drugs, epu and transfer. I don't envy anyone who has to do it xxx

Hey girls,

:( Bad news AF is here....devastated.

The FS at Bondi IVFA told me that was the last thing that he could throw at it to medically make a difference. I had the human growth hormone as well this time on top of the other potions. Where to from here???

XX

I'm so so sorry dancingqueen, that's so devestating. Maybe a new clinic? Start with a huge wine tonight cxx thinking of you mate

Oh dancing- that is the worst news :( I'm so so sorry xxx I'm thinking of you too. It hurts so bad and I wish you didn't have to go through this. Lots of love x

Dancing- I am genuinely really upset to hear your bad news. You are one person I would have really been happy to hear that you were expecting. It's been a long journey for you and I really think its your turn for a break and a bit of good luck. Big hugs to you x

Hi girls- how's everyone doing?

Dancing- How are you holding up? Been thinking of you x

I just got my first period since the miscarrige. Bitter sweet I guess- glad to say its finally over and we have a new cycle and a new chance. Weird thing is, the hpt are still positive- so the residual hcg is still floating around. Any ideas bout that? I have another b/t next week. The one last Tuesday was 28 so it's seems weird that 5 days later its still showing up. Also I am pretty certain I haven't ovulated since the d&c- is that normal too? Fingers crossed I pop an egg this month!

Maddy - my DH and I were originally going through Genea but they were so expensive!! We saved $5k by going through IVFA for the same thing! I have several friends who are pregnant through Westmead, sending you lots of :hugs: xx

Dancingqueen - I am so sorry Hun, sending you big :hugs: xx

Aleja - are you and DH going to find out the gender at your 16 week scan? Xx

Take & Wish - hope you are doing well xx

Kirst - sorry about AF, but glad she is finally here for you xx

AFM - sorry I haven't been on, my grandmother passed away on Friday morning from a massive aneurism! It was very hard sitting there holding her hand while they turned the life support off :cry: She was perfectly healthy, except for old age, but it came as a real shock!! The worst part about it all is she was so excited to be a great grandmother as she doesn't have any and our baby is the first one :cry:

Dancing queen - so sorry Hun , don't give up hope xxx

Miss red - sorry about your grandma , it's never easy to lose a family member xxx

Hi everyone else, glad to hear all of you who r up the duff r doing well !

Afm - sorry I haven't been on much to check up on everyone my little lady is keeping me so so busy , I forgot how time consuming bubs are, I haven't even checked my emails in a week , breastfeeding takes up most of my time, it's very tiring but I wouldn't change a thing - except maybe the lack of sleep - lol

Hope you're ok miss red- that is terrible news. Sending love and strength to you and your family at this sad time :(

Taylah- pleased to hear you are doing well with your little one

Miss red- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is such a stressful and emotional time so take care of yourself. My father died in May last year, about a week after the funeral I found out I was pregnant and a couple of days later I started bleeding, I was only about 4 weeks along so it wasn't too full on but the whole ordeal was so draining psyically and emotionally I look back now and wonder how I got through it all

AFM- I'm presuming most of you ladies have had clomid before? I'm on cd11, took clomid days 5-9, this afternoon I had an incredibly painful headache in the back of my head which hurt even more when turning my head, I also was sweating profusely. Panadol, a cool shower and a lie down has eased it but just wondering if I could put this down to the clomid or perhaps I have a virus. I have had clomid before on 2 other cycles and never experienced this but have heard not every time is the same

Thanks for the kind wishes girls really means a lot :hugs:

I have never had Clomid Take, but I did use Soy Isoflavones (Natures Clomid) for my 2 pregnancies last year and I had really bad headaches!! Drink lots of water, thats what helped me :hugs:

I am put a pic up in 2nd tri for gender guesses as we are going for the scan in just under 2 weeks :) https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1727669-gender-guesses-please.html

I know I know.. It's a baby! Lol! Sorry miss red but I'm terrible at identifying body parts on scans. Bub looks nice and comfy there though. Do you know if it implanted on the left or right side of the uterus? I have heard a theory around that.

I think the left Take cause when he looked at the placenta today it was to my left :shrug:

What is the theory? :)

Ms Red I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother. what a shock for your family.
I am lucky enough to have both my grandmother's still alive and would be devastated if anything happened to them.

I am guessing girl!!!!

Yes I think we will find out the gender as I don't like referring to the bubba at 'it' which is happening a bit!!

DancingQueen, oh I am so upset for you. I was sure you were in with a chance. How many cycles have you had so far? i hope you don't give up just yet.....who is your FS? I had professor Ledger - he is the consultant and gets sent all the tricky cases. Maybe having fresh eyes looking over your case may make a difference.
Your embryos are obviously good enough to freeze as their criteria is quite strict. It may be an implantation problem?
Have you been tested for NK cells? I am sorry for the million questions and if I am being nosey I am still so hopeful that it can happen for you x

Take I took clomid for 3 cycles and got horrible headaches and hot flushes.

Maddy, its a hard one between convenience of a close clinic and cost. I guess going to each consultation will give you more of an idea of how it would all work.

Kirst, I am glad your cycle if finally over but you probably still have a small amount of hcg in your system. How is your holiday going?

Aleja I totally get the pregancy envy even now. A girl at work announced she was pregnant two weeks ago and I thought 'Aww now I'm not special' I too envy the ease of ppl 'sniffing sperm' and getting pregnant. I don't feel bad about it anymore, I can't control what I feel only how I share it. That's why forums like this are so good, you can be totally honest and know there's a good chance someone else has felt the same,

As for the chanting it sounds like a great idea, ill practice mine now... 'Pleae shut up, bring me drugs. Please shut up, bring me drugs...'

ha ha that will be my chant too!!!!!!!

well guess what? on the weekend i found out my Dh's cousin is preggo so now I don't feel special either....and she only got married in November!!!! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->