Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Thanks Aleja :) I lost my mum's mum 18 yrs ago :(

it is hard losing grandparents. i know how lucky i am to still have both of them. my dad's mum said to me the other day that she hoped she will live to see my baby in August which really hit home that anything could happen

It is hard!! Really hope she sticks around for bubs arrival :hugs: DH and I are going with my dad tomorrow to take my grandfather to a nursing home as he has high care needs :( We really don't know how my grandmother cared for him so long by herself, she really was one strong women :)

Red I'm so sorry. I lost my grandad last year and my grandma the year before. They both left a massive impact on our lives and we were lucky to have had them. We too have done the long drive to the care facility, it's totally heart wrenching. At the time they were both covering up how sick the other was, one with dementia and the other the side effects of a stroke. Your grandad will be in the best place for him though. Sending you lots of love. And I think GIRL!

Kirsti, it's good to hear your body is readjusting and getting back to work. I don't have any advice on the positive test, can you still ovulate with trace hcg? How's the rest of the holiday? Where are you guys now? I read your journal and its beautiful, it'll make a wonderful keepsake for your baby too. Hope it helps you to write it down like it helped me. X

Taylah, so good to hear from you I'm really happy you guys are doing well. How lovely! MJ and her lil boy Mitchell are well too

How you hanging in there dancing queen? I'm thinking of you x

Take- I had terrible headaches and hot flushes on 100mg Clomid. Do you have a fever? If you have a temp too it's probably a virus. Hope you feel better soon love xx

Aleja- hope you and your lil pickle are well. I can't WAIT to hear whether you guys are having a boy or a girl. Any more thoughts on names?

Maddy, decided on clinics yet?

Hi to everyone else xx

Miss red- I vote girl then, I read a study about boys implant on the right and girls on the left, I think it was right in 96% of cases they look at, something like that anyway. Will be interesting to see if that is right!

AFM no headache this morning and no temp so I'm thinking not a virus. Off to have cd12 ultrasound this afternoon

You girls are making DH so happy with all your girl guesses :haha:

Good luck today Take :hugs:

Hi all! I'm at home again today...having a fight with my boss haha. Last week I brought one of the kids to her with blisters on his face and she said it was 'milk pimples.' I got a phone call yesterday from her to say he had hand, foot and mouth disease. Great. But the best bit was when one of my collegues txt me later in the afternoon to say the child was STILL attending the service despite the fact he has large, open weeping sores on his face. Apparently some dogey Dr gave them a 'clearance.' I went to my ob who gave me the week off and wrote a letter saying Im not to attend until he's been excluded. Been war-ing ever since hahahaha. I can't believe some the state that some parents think its ok to leave their child in. Im a bosses worst nightmare seriously.
Had 20 week scan yesterday and shes looking spot on! Like before every scan I had nervous diarrhea! It was the worst during ivf cause id get it everytime then have to wait to fill my bladder again. Sorry tmi!!!!!!! Very glad shes health though. Such a relief.

How is everyone else?

Wish I can't believe the centre is allowing this child come to care that makes me so angry . Not only is it unfair for you being exposed but all the other kids too. Enjoy your week off and don't feel bad at all. Your bubba comes first x

I can understand your freak out about the 20 w scan. I am still nervous about my next scan too. I don't think I will ever feel completely relaxed until the baby is healthily in my arms.
I am a bit envious about your diorreah. I have the opposite problem .. Very painful popping due to horrible constipation (sorry TMI)

Take that is interesting about the study. In that case my bubba is a girl as 'he/she' is growing on the left ! To be honest when I saw the baby at the 12 week scan I thought it looked 'girly' but really there was no way of knowing.

Miss red- I vote girl then, I read a study about boys implant on the right and girls on the left, I think it was right in 96% of cases they look at, something like that anyway. Will be interesting to see if that is right!

AFM no headache this morning and no temp so I'm thinking not a virus. Off to have cd12 ultrasound this afternoon

Good luck with the scan!

Aleja my life now is a cycle of constipation-diarrhea. So gross! Can't remember the last time I had normal toilet time hahahhaha xxx

Hi girls! How is everyone?

Wish- that made me so mad when I read about that kiddo! But I'm so happy you've stayed home and done the right thing for you and your bubba girl. Geeze some people are seriously tapped. I had a similar thing with chicken pox at my school! And I swear that week- this kid would pop up by my side every 2 mins. Agh- get away from me infected puss balls :) glad I'm not alone with the nervous pooping too :) haha!

Miss red- how are you holding up? Been thinking of you?

Aleja- when's the next scan?! Xxx

We have just hit Sydney after spending the past couple of weeks driving up the coast. Dh is loving the surf and I am managing to relax a bit more and enjoy myself too. Finally got a negative preggo test (never thought I'd be happy about that!) so will have my last blood test hopefully Friday. Feeling a lot calmer and less desperate about ttc. Trying to keep my mind off and just relax until fet in April.

Looking forward to keeping up with how the preggo girls are doing! You're keeping me hopeful ladies.

And take, maddy, lyghtning, dancing and anyone I missed- cant wait for our next cycles and some more bfps! We will all get there eventually I'm sure. Just got to stay hopeful!

Hi girlies,
How are you all?

Miss Red, i am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, i am sending you a massive hug. It is such a hard time. XXXXX

Taylah, good to hear all is going well and your little lady is keeping you busy :)

Maddy, i am sorry to hear about your chemical, that must be so frustrating.

Aleja and wish....hope your bowels get back to normal....hehe ( not laughing at you obviously , but with you :)
Valentine, hi, good luck with it all.

Sorry girls i havent been on for a few days i have been licking my wounds as they say and doing plenty of crying.
Aleja, i am with Gavin Sacks and as gavin had gone away for my last ET ( they tried to give my someone who didnt do a great job previously when he was on hols- so i stamped ,my feet a bit and they got legder to do the last retrieval) he was fab.
I think it really is just my crappy eggs. That was attempt number 5. All ICSI, they all fertilise but i never get any to freeze and have transferred two 'great looking " blastocysts.
Anyway gotto run girlies am late for something,
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT. IT MEANS A LOT.
xxx LOVE TO YOU ALL

It's so awful and unfair dancing. Glad you're having time for a good cry... Been thinking of you. What is the next move from here?

I had ultrasound last tues cd12, leading follicle was 15mm. After the scan the nurse mentioned my right ovary looked a little polycystic. When we questioned this she looked at my file and said, no you're fine, the doctor checked for this back in July. Then she explained that you can have polycystic ovaries but not PCOS. When we questioned her more she told us not to worry, I was fine, and she had other patients waiting. Made us feel bad for asking questions. I wondered whether this has developed since the failed IVF, anyone else had cysts on an ovary after failed IVF?
How are things with you wish? How's the bump?

Hi ladies

Take, I had a nurse ask me the same thing during one of my scan during IVF . At the time i had several follies growing. I too was worried and confused as no mention of PCOS had been made of this in other scans or consults. When I questioned the FS he said I was fine.
I think sometimes the nurses say thing absentmindedly without being sure. I would take this with a grain of salt until you talk to your doctor.

Dancing I have been thinking of you. I hope you find some answers. Will you be going back for an FS appt?

Thanks Aleja you're prob right. I go in for cd21 blood tests tomorrow, although I suspect I didn't ovulate until cd17 so it will be interesting to see how the results go.
How are you going? Almost 16 weeks, you must be getting a bit of a bump by now :)

I have a sort of bump it still looks like I've put on weight around my mid section but I am down to my last few skirts now, nothing else fits!

I have a scan coming up and yet again I am petrified about things going to plan... I think scans are so stressful it's hard to just be happy that I get to see the baby

Hi girls- how's everyone going?
Take- hope your cycles going well? Sorry I'm not too sure about the cysts. Have you had another scan recently?

Aleja- good luck for your next scan! I'm sure you will feel on top of the world after seeing bub thriving! Are u feeling good?

Miss red - are u ok? How are you holding up after your loss? Thinking of you xxx

Dancing- how are you? Hope you're ok too?

Wish- how's the bump... Gosh it's getting closer to meeting your lil girl!

Maddy- what's news?

Not much to report for me. Feeling better and pretty sure I just ovulated for the first time since we got preggo in nov. opks and temps all seem to think I did - so feeling pretty happy that my body is bouncing back! Just really ready to try again. Dh and I had 3 different couples announce their pregnancies in the last 24 hours! Can't help but feel like its a big 'f you' from the universe! Hopefully it's our turn soon xxx

Hi girls, sorry I haven't been around, but I have been thinking of you all :)

Glad to hear to everything is going well Aleja, I have a massive bump already :haha: Hope your up coming scan goes well :hugs: Are you going to find out the sex? xx

How did your bloods go Take xx

Glad to hear things are going well with you Kirst :) I know exactly how it feels when someone tells you that they are pregnant, you feel so empty. Sending you lots of :hugs: xx

Hope you are well Wish, Dancingqueen & Maddy xxx

I have been quite sick again and have lost 5kgs so far :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"