Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

I've got this persistent dull headache, did anyone else suffer with this?

Take the headaches were the worst symptoms for me. I've had them on and off since week nine.. Sometimes for days at a time. Hope you get some relief I was a slave to Panadol.
And Maddy I too had indigestion.. Not daily but enough. It is the pits. I spoke with my Dr and she suggested 12 hour Zantac which worked a treat.

There are so many strange symptoms that I never new existed untill I got pregnant. Some of the funniest were bleeding soft gums, constipation and hair so thick I can't get a brush through it. In saying that it's still by far the best thing that's ever happened to me..I love my body more than ever and feeling my girl roll and kick and hiccup is indescribable. I'm so happy this thread has had so much luck and I can't wait to share it with dancingqueen, chook, hopeful cat and the anyone else still in the processes.

How's everyone else's sober weekends going? I must say I cannot WAIT for a big fat Sav Blanc and some sushi xxx

Oh god I've got a long wait- but I am dying for a big fat sav blanc already :)

I have so much hope and faith for the girls still trying too. Hopeful, chook, dancing- where are you guys at with everything? I look forward to sharing your happy news on this thread too.

Would love to keep in touch with everyone when the bubbas come along- maybe a Facebook group or something where we can share pics? And dare I say the quest for baby number 2 someday?? Is that on the cards for you girls? I know some of you have kids already. I don't want to count my chickens- but I hope so much that we will still be able to have a big family xxx

I'm withe Wish, Take! The headaches were my worse symptom :( Panadol is your friend :hugs: I was also put on Zantac for heartburn and reflux xx

Hopeful, Chook & Dancing hope you are going well xx

Can not wait to have a glass of wine and a tuna and avo sushi roll :) DH and I are planning on doing another cycle sep/oct/nov next year then we are going to freeze everything go on our cruise in dec then have a transfer in Jan 15 :) Would love to stay in touch :)

Think this may be our last, I have a daughter from my previous marriage and so does OH from his. His daughter lives overseas so we feel its selfish to have more when we really can't afford to fly over there or fly her here already. Its a tough one, no easy solutions I'm afraid!

Hi gals,
I can't wait to stuff my face with double Brie and prosciutto and gulp it down with a big glass of cab sav .
I must admit I am a bit naughty... I still eat sushi rolls but I stay away from smoked salmon or any of the raw fish. But I do still eat cooked tuna and avo.

Kirst, im with you on this one I would love to keep in touch with ya'all - I think wish had set up a Facebook page ??
It has been a lucky thread and its lovely to have a few bump buddies :)
Yes I think we will try for a second one . I think we'll head back to see FS when the bubs is 12mths. Actually that was FS's suggestion "Have the baby, love your baby for 12 months then come back!!"
I will be almost 37 years old by then so I do feel the age factor too. Wish I still had another few years up my sleeve.

Re: gender..I had a feeling it would be a boy. I once dreamed of him years ago and a psychic told me I would have a son back when I was an 18yr old!

Take and Maddy I have had headaches and reflux on and off for the last 7 months. I have stayed away from Panadol but chewing gum is my friend for reflux .

This weekend... I am slothing away listening to the Triple J hottest 100 countdown whilst my DH is steam cleaning the carpets :p

Happy long weekend to you all (feeling sorry for myself - I only get Sunday off!)

Hope everyone has been doing exciting stuff. (Aleja I'm sure you'll appreciate those clean carpets :)

Take I don't have any headaches thank goodness. Any other symptoms right now might tip me over the edge!

I dreamed the other night that I had just given birth and was sitting up drinking a piccolo of champagne through a straw and eating sushi :) I had Vietnamese spring rolls yesterday and only afterwards realised the prawns probably weren't cooked....oops.

Wish I had a long weekend been on afternoon shift since Tuesday (had a sicky Monday) and don't finish till tomorrow. Then 1 day off then 3 on and FINISHED!!! :dance:

Miss red- whoohoo! So close to finishing :) that's exciting! I actually go back full time from tomorrow - I've been doing relief since we got back from our trip around 3 days a week- so it's going to be a shock to the system!! (It's not a long weekend here in perth )

Aleja- I feel the pressure too. I'm 29 but have a low ovarian reserve, so will have to get cracking on number 2 when bub is 12months! I like your fs advice :)

As for the food - I keep buggering up and eating things I'm not meant to... It's funny that ever since I am not meant to eat fetta cheese- it's the one thing I want more than ever!! I have been known to eat a sneaky bit and then feel really bad about it.

I've just got back from a lunch with the family- I feel really bad cos my sister seems to now be having trouble falling pregnant too. They have been trying since November last year- so it's not ages, but enough to start worrying. Especially after watching us go through the rollercoaster. It must have been hard for her, cos she is so ready to have a bub- and there I am all excited and to make matters harder- our hopeless younger brother got his gf pregnant accidentally and they have a 1 year old (We are alot like the family in offspring i reckon :) and im prob just as neurotic as nina at times!) I hope it happens for them soon. Has anyone else experienced these things running in families?

I am 29 as well :) but will be 30 on the 5th Sep. I also have a low egg reserve but DH has a high sperm count which balances us out lol.

I have eaten the occasional BBQ chicken which I know your not suppose to but all good so far :haha:

Sorry about your sister Kirst, it is awful how so many people take having a baby for granted :hugs:

Seriously- we're not meant to eat BBQ chicken??:dohh:

Hey ladies, I haven't been on this thread for a while but it's funny reading through all your food and wine desires :haha: Hopefully not too long before you all get to cuddle your bubs and have a glass of wine! I've already cut out the alcohol for the moment and watching what I eat... I could really settle down with a big glass of bacardi and coke with a lime wedge. I didn't know you couldn't have bbq chicken though!

I am currently in the middle of my first IVF cycle. At the last scan on Friday I had about 12 follicles and I'm scheduled to Trigger on Tuesday for egg collection on Thursday. My hubby will therefore be going in for his mTESE (testicular biopse) to see if he has any sperm on Wednesday. Fingers crossed... i'm gettin really nervous as the day is coming closer where we find out if we can have his biological children or not. Cycle has been going generally well. I had really bad headaches on the GonalF for the first few days and now have aching ovaries and some swelling and bruises... but generally pretty happy with how it's gone so far. I'm don't think i've come to grips with the fact that this might result in a baby... i think the sperm thing is so big of a hurdle to get past that I just feel like this is an egg collection procedure rather than a potential pregnancy but I'm hoping that chances after the mTESE. I also start a new job on the 17th and have to move to new house on the 15th. It's all happening lol

Soooo I eat feta (I heard its ok if it's pasteurized) and BBQ chicken... In fact alot of BBQ chicken hahahhaha woops!!!
Kirsti my older sister had no problems falling pregnant but and my other sister has Aspergus syndrome and I doubt she will have a baby so not sure about hereditary issues on my side.. DH's brother on the other hand took two years to conceive both his children so it may be on that side??? I hope your sister get her bfp soon! You are so deserving though chic I'm sure she is nothing but happy for you. It's super sweet of you to be so considerate of her.
Red yay for no more work! Enjoy the time.
Maddy sucks to be missing out on the long weekend.. What do you do if you don't mind me asking??
Aleja...37 is defo not too old! And a year gap is perfect.
Hopeful cat- so good to hear from you!! Keep us updated on the TESE!!
Take- are you going to find out if bubs is a boy or a girl? Are you hoping for one or the other?

Me.. I'm full term today yayyayayayayayyay!! So ready too, baby is banging on the gates!! Have ob appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping she may be able to give me some kind of idea about how long cause I'm getting super nervous.....the thought of going over 40 weeks is scary too!! Having crazy dreams about being in labour and no one believing me and the elevator at the hospital won't stop on the maternity floor!!! Mind you I also dreamt that Alcide from true blood was my real baby daddy which was obviously unreal hahahaha!!

Oh wish, full term yay!
Yes we're going to find out what we are having, I have absolutely no preference either way, happy for a boy but couldn't care less if its another girl.
I have had awful headache all weekend which last night turned into pain in my left eye which is watery and blood shot, think its time to stop putting everything down to hormones and get it checked out today. Joy..trying to see a doctor on a public holiday!

Great to hear from you Hopeful, hope next week goes well xx

:dance: Full term Wish, hope your appt goes well tomorrow. Are you going to ask for a sweep? xx

Hope you feel better Take xx

Oh no Take I hope you saw a GP today that headache sounds awful x
Was everything ok?

Hopeful Cat I really have everything crossed for you that you find some sperm. It is an extra worry having to think about that. And yes once the embys fertilise there is a possibility of a baby in there!! I still find it hard myself to believe one of my frozen embys is now a bubba rolling around inside my tum.

I've never heard the BBQ thing ??!!! I've been eating it the whole time

Wish, full term !!!! Happy days ahead!!!

Kirst, that's sad to hear about your sister.. Is she younger or older than you ? 90% of couples fall preggers within 12 months so she still has a few months left . I hope they have some success

Ladies, wanted to ask who had Downs screening done, reasons why, why not? Only if you want to answer obviously

Hey take! I had it done, chance to see the baby again and so we would have a 'heads up' if something wasn't right. DH and I had no decisions about what we would do if something were wrong but we wanted to know either way xx

Yeah that's where our heads are at right now wish so I think we might get it done, like you said, good opportunity to see bub and hopefully peace of mind all is well for another couple of months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->