Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Aleja - Bub is head down :) What about your little man is he engaged? xx

Hopeful - I am so sorry Hun, have a nice glass of wine :hugs: xx

Wish - DH and I are the same we haven't had sex at all during this pregnancy as the OB advised against it but then said at 16 weeks we could. DH just finds it too weird lol xx

hopeful- I'm so sorry, wish there was something I could say to make it better, its tough but hang in there x

AFM got my 12 week scan booked for the 15th of July and first ante natal appointment on the 19th, we told Keyara, we had to, she kept asking why I was sick all the time. She is SUPER excited, her Dad and his wife are having a boy so would be nice if we had a girl so she had one of each sibling..but we don't really mind.
I was feeling bad that OH and I have only dtd a few times since we found out..here I was feeling sorry for him..sounds like he has nothing to complain about lol

Hopeful, I am so sorry to hear that...it is a terrible feeling especially because of all the effort that goes into the cycle. It feels bad but its gets better i promise. X
I noticed you got 2 frozen embies.. That's something to look forward to.

Well I don't feel so bad now knowing that we aren't the only ones not getting any action.
As soon as I found out I was pregnant it was like my vajay closed shop and when we did DTD it hurt like hell!! Then I was paranoid about my cervix then the baby moving... Excuses excuses!

Take, congrats on announcing your news to your daughter. It is very exciting having 2 new siblings coming up this year.

Red, my bub is head down too but I don't think he has engaged yet as I can still feel him kicking my ribs. I often wonder what he is doing there.. A spin class??!!

Wish, I am out of ideas for you ! You may need to do the unthinkable!!!

I am now on mat leave.. But looks like I will spend the first few days in bed with a cold...booooo

Take, I think you are going to have a little mum on your hands! She is going to be so busy helping with all these bubs :) How exciting for your scan, it has come around so quick! xx

Aleja - I am the same as you, don't think he is engaged yet as my right rib and boob get a good kicking everyday :) I know what you mean about a spin class :haha: xx

Any news Wish? xx

We see the OB on the 8th so hoping we get an induction date, starting to get really excited now :) The carpenter started yesterday so DH and I spent half the night cleaning last night which I loved :haha: Nesting I think??

Hi girls! Happy Friday :) I'm so glad it's the weekend!

Firstly- I'm so sorry to hear about your cycle hopeful... It is just so crappy. Big hugs to you. How are you feeling now? Any plans for next steps? Xxx

Take - so fantastic to hear you told your daughter! I bet she was over the moon :) will you find out if its a boy or girl? How bout you maddy?

Red and aleja- heads down and getting ready to go!! Are you both enjoying maternity leave?

Wish- I saw your pic in fb today! She is well and truly cooked! You look absolutely fantastic. Any day now!!

Afm- I'm doing great! Still feeling sick off and on which sucks, but am feeling more and more flutters and tickles which is so bloomin exciting! Only 2.5 weeks till the gender scan now :)

Wish - You look fantastic, and like Kirst said she is well and truly cooked :) xx

Kirst - Cant wait to see what your having :) Loving my mat leave so nice being able to sleep in :haha:

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. I'm having a 'normal' weekend too. It's so strange for a shift-worker to have Sat/Sun off. But I've taken 2 days off on holidays as daughter has been miserably sick with a cold. Poor baby :nope:

The birth centre rang me yesterday & said they can't take me in their program as I'm too old and they can't carry the risk of 'increased intervention rates' in over-40s. WTF? They took down my age when I first rang them...couldn't they have told me back then? Now they've referred me on to the midwife-care program, but of course they are full :growlmad: So looks like I'll be doing shared-care with my GP and the Antenatal centre (aka the Centrelink bunch). Not impressed.

Here's hoping we see some bubs for this thread soon :flower:

Ms red yes it looks like you are definitely nesting!
Is your hubby nesting too? I must say I am having trouble getting my DH to share my enthusiasm about doing menial tasks around the house before baby comes. He has come with me for baby related shopping but he isn't exactly showing any urgency. I am a bit of a ball breaker though - just now I finished writing 3 'To Do' lists .. 1 for me, 1 for DH , and 1 for jobs to do together:haha:
I've stuck them on the fridge so no escaping !!

Maddy, that sucks about the birth centre.. It sounds very exclusive ! I have never heard is the antenatal centre -- how are the connected to Centrelink?

Kirst, do you have an OB as a private patient ? If you have an OB appt at 16 weeks they tell you the gender. This is what happened to me so by the time the anatomy scan happened we already knew we were having a little man

Wish, I'd love to see your pics!

Love the nesting girls! Aleja- good job on the list. I love a good list too :)

Maddy- that really sucks about the birth centre... I think that's really unfair. Can you go on a wait list for midwifery care? Do you have a good gp if not?

Aleja- I am going private but don't see my ob till after the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. The last time I saw him was at the fertility clinic at 7 weeks!! How often do you have appointments from 20 weeks??

I think I have mentioned before- but we are doing a completely daggy gender reveal celebration. My friend makes amazing cakes, so we are not going to find out at the scan- but instead give my friend a sealed envelope with the gender and she will make a cake filled with pink or blue smarties :) it's just family coming over for the morning tea- but will be fun to find out all together. Don't think ill have a baby shower either- so this will be our 'hooray we are finally having a baby' shin dig :)

Hey ladies! Quick stop in.. Had a bloody show this morning so hopefully not too far off.... This pic was me yesterday... Yikes! Will have a good good read through ASAP and catch up where everyone is at.. Hope everyone is doing well xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 4
Ooh wish, any day now yay! We are currently staying in Sydney and off to Blue Mountains for a couple of nights today. I had a spot of blood after a BM yesterday, sorry TMI, but nothing since. Also my symptoms have all but disappeared, hard not to panic a bit but of course I have been anxious.

Maddy - Like Kirst said that sucks about the birthing centre :( Can you put your name down on the waiting list for the MW Care Program incase aomeone cancels? Are you private of public? Have you thought of going to an OB? xx

Aleja - Yep the nesting has started :haha: DH is awesome he doesn't let me do much, and he is a wiz at the dishwasher, but now that I am home I have taken over it lol Hopefully your DH sees the list on the fridge and gets his act into gear :) xx

Kirst - My OB does monthly from 20 weeks til 28 weeks then goes to fortnightly, then weekly from 36 weeks :) That's an awesome gender reveal, mine was lame, ringing family and telling them it was a boy :haha: xx

Wish - Hope this is it for you!!! Can't wait to hear the news :dance: xx

Take - Where in the Blue Mountains are you staying? I live in Woodford :) Glad to hear the bleeding has stopped! My symptoms would come and go, they will probably come back with a vengeance now :hugs: xx

AFM - I have a new niece Madeline Ann, going to see her today. I have my little sister (13yr) staying with us as my mum came up and she wanted to come and stay with me lol. We are sitting on the lounge watching Babe :)

Oh Wish... so close :happydance:

Red...you too! Could you come over here and do a few spare jobs for me too. The world could be ending and my DH wouldn't move any faster :haha: Unfortunately my ob is full for January. Plus he works out of a private hospital and I really doubt we could afford it, even with private health care :cry:

Aleja..the antenatal centre is the place at the hospital that the 'general' public' use for their birth care. (Read: teenagers/druggies/people that didn't bother/or know how to organise better quality care). It's basically a clearing house for the pregnant who have no other options - they monitor your basic stats and then they arrange your admittance when the time comes. You get whichever middie is on duty and no continuity of care. I'm still so upset just thinking about it :nope: (To demonstrate the kind of client base... I have to go to a compulsory 3.5 hour class on Monday titled "how to be pregnant" :dohh:)

Kirst... LOVE the gender reveal idea :thumbup: So you won't know either, until the cake is cut? My GP is brilliant but I really don't like the idea of using the antenatal centre. I've heard terrible things about the lack of care (since you see different staff every time you go, and everything is "get you in and out as quickly as possible").

Take... Hope everything is alright and the relaxing weekend away is good :hugs:

Oh my goodness, gosh I'm so sorry to rant so much about my own situation. I'm sure it will be fine. I think the stress of the upcoming 12 week tests is getting to me. This week is the "hump" for me - 11+5 was when we lost our last one. FX I'll feel better once we get past that date and all our NT test results are in.

Miss red- staying in katoomba, so pretty here we're really enjoying ourselves
Maddy- you're in Canberra? Which hospital? I had keyara in Calvary public and although always different midwives it turned out fine and everyone was lovely, might not be as bad as you imagine x

Hey Take - yep good old 'Berra. Isn't it funny, I didn't even know until tonight that Calvary have a public wing! So I stand corrected - there's a huge public hospital in Canberra plus a private hospital that also has a small public wing. My only worry would be that my daughter had an incident at their ER last year that ended up in a formal investigation of the registrar that saw her. So I'm not sure we'd be welcome :winkwink: But I'm def going to check them out, thanks :thumbup:

Hey Wish hooray for the bloody show!!! Well your girl looks like is is ready to pop that's for sure! Can't wait for the updates x

Maddy the antenatal centre sounds ghastly but i guess if your GP is caring for you you may not have to frequent too many hospital appts over the coming months. Nevertheless I'd be trying the midwifery waiting list too.
I can understand your worry about reaching 11 weeks. You are almost there Hon xx

Take, I had a bit of spotting in early pregnancy and there was days I didn't feel pregnant at all. I hope you enjoy the Mountains it's such a beautiful part of Sydney. Ms Red you are lucky to live there .

Kirst, what a great idea about the gender reveal...when will you have this? People will bring you gifts anyway even if you aren't having an official baby shower..
I've had a couple of mini get-togethers with friends over the last couple of weeks and the girls have been giving me lovely baby gifts. It's very sweet -- this bub is so spoilt already !

Ms Red your DH sounds so helpful .. I should borrow him too!!

Maddy - Stay positive Hun, you are only a couple of days away :hugs: Doesn't your private health care cover you for a private hospital? Hope the other hospital works out for you :) xx

Take - Hope your having a nice time up here in my neck of the woods :) xx

Aleja - I get in so much trouble of DH if I do too much, he is such a gem :) xx

Thinking of you Wish :hugs: xx

How are you going Kirst and Hofeful? xx

How many of you girls live in NSW? We should organise a meet and greet?

Hi ladies-

Red- I'm glad your Dh is looking after you and not letting you do too much :) this is defn a time to take it easy and let people spoil you!

Aleja- so glad to hear your friends have been spoiling you and your little one too :) we also have already been given some beautiful gifts and feel very loved! I'm sure that we will keep celebrating as the time gets closer- my sister and mum and in laws just can't help themselves with buying gifts for baby- It's so nice of them- I think the reason I don't want an official baby shower is because of how traumatising I used to find them... There were so many invites I turned down or cried all the way home from, so just don't think I'm keen on the idea. I think they are a beautiful celebration though!!
How are you feeling??

Maddy- when is your scan? I hope that you feel much better after and I can't wait to see gorgeous pics of your lil one! Lots of hugs to you xxx

Take- hooray for holidays! Have a brilliant time and let us know how it is xxx

And WISH!!!! Is she here yet????!!!!! Thinking of you lots xxx

Hopeful- how are you doing?

All is well for me... It's nearly school holidays (again! Defn the best part of my job) and just hoping all will be well at the scan... 20 weeks feels like a magic number for me- hoping to make the milestone safe and sound xxx

Hi fellow Aussies

Has anyone been through Hollywood IVF in Perth before?

Thanks
Jem

Hi jeminoz, welcome !
No I haven't been to this clinic as i am based in Sydney.

Ms Red, yes a meet n greet sounds nice actually- I can attend since I live in 'the hood' - maybe a play date!

My DH doesn't let me do anything either, I keep getting in 'trouble' for nesting too much!!!
Its not in my nature to sit back and let others do things for me which is why I am struggling!!!

Kirst, I must admit I am pretty traumatised about baby showers too I generally hate them .. But many mums, MILs, friends with no TTC issues seem to relish in them --I have a lot of people around me who are just genuinely happy for us so I guess that makes it ok.
I do have a friend that is Long term TTC and about in embark on IVF who I am really conscious of her coming to my baby shower --i invited her for next week's family baby shower but she also attended the surprise lunch yesterday which I wasn't expecting to see her at all...
I feel a bit bad for her and was thinking of emailing her to say that she can always opt out of coming on Saturday since she was there yesterday.... Not sure if this is the right thing to do??

Wish we are all waiting for you ..,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->