Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Got my first stretch mark today :cry: What makes it worse is I put Bio Oil on my tummy 2-3 times a day!! Ok rant over :)

I'm telling you, nothing will prevent those *******s, you either have the skin that stretches well or you don't, unfortunately I am the later, I could roll in bio oil and it wouldn't do a thing lol

Oh no- I'm dreading those. I still have horrible ones left over from puberty!

Did any one else notice more grey hairs in pregnancy? I have never had many but I have pulled out quite a few in the last few weeks!

And while I'm ranting- I have a hideous cold too. Any tips on what I can take?

On the up side! I'm loving all the little kicks I can feel now :) can't wait for Dh to be able to feel them! I've also had a whole week nausea free- so I think I've turned the corner! Hooray :)

Sorry for the whingey post girls. When are next scans take and maddy???

How are you feeling red and aleja?

Thinking of you and bubs wish!

No grey hairs here Hun :( The only thing you can take is Panadol. I had a bad cold about a month back and doctor said that's all I could take :( You just have to let it take its course. Hope you feel better soon xx Your DH is going to love the kicks :)

Starting to get really uncomfortable now and site but excited about hopefully getting an induction date on Monday :)

Steam inhalation perhaps? For the cold obviously, got nothing for stretch marks and grey hair lol.
My next scan is the 15th, I'm slightly anxious, I've had 2 spotting episodes in the last week (very minor) but my symptoms are all but gone too. Except strange cravings, had OH making me cheesy mashed potatoe at 8:30 last night, mmm!

I had 3 spotting episodes and loss of symptoms, it is scary! You might have a well developed placenta that has already taken over :) Can't wait for your scan! Are you going to see if they can see the gender? xx

Now I feel like cheesy mash mmmm

Kirst... yay for a week of no nausea, that must be a relief :thumbup: I thought of your gender reveal cake when I saw this picture this morning - shot #4 in the series www.dailylife.com.au/photogallery/dl-food/food-features/amazing-birthday-cakes-20130703-2pbce.html

Red... bugger those stretchmarks :dohh: I reckon I should have those already, the amount of weight I've already put on!

Take... go cheesy mash! Anything carby is good in my books :haha: Of course I have already gained 4kg so maybe they're NOT so good :dohh:

Red... how exciting to be getting "the date" :happydance: Will you get some kind of say in the choice?

Aleja... :flower: any big weekend plans?

AFM my NT scan & bloods are on Monday but I won't get the results until the following week though. I've felt fantastic this week, have had a burst of energy, so maybe the 1st tri tiredness is easing.

I have a feeling he will book me in on the 29th to have the gel put in then hopefully give birth on the 30th. Hurry up Monday :)

Yum! Those cakes look awesome maddy!!

What an exciting couple of weeks- lots of scans (mines on the 17th !) and can't wait to hear your induction date red!! Yippee he is nearly here too xxx

I'm totally finding out the gender ASAP! What about you Kirsty and maddy. And I've already put on 3kg maddy and I'm short so it shows! All that cheesy mash lol

I'm totally finding out the gender ASAP! What about you Kirsty and maddy.

Absolutely :thumbup: Since my brother and SIL just had a baby girl I want to know if I should start buying boy things or whether I'll be able to benefit from their girly hand-me-downs :haha:

Yeah we do seem to have a pink theme so far, will be interesting to see what the new recruits are :)

So this is my little Yohanna. We got home today after leaving almost a week ago! Last Saturday morning I had a 'bloody show' (ewwwww) and started having sporadic contractions Saturday afternoon. I pounded the pavement flat out trying to get them moving and by Sunday evening they were pretty regularly 10 minutes apart... Didn't sleep at all Sunday night and rang hospital at 3:30am as I was getting quite a bit of blood loss and contractions varying from 6-10mins apart. They said to wait until they were 5 minutes and come in. I walked laps of the house till midday Monday with my urge to kill rising.. I rang the hospital again in desperation cause it hade been over 48 hours since the first contraction.. The midwife nicely told me to take two Panadol and go to bed.. Needless to say I howled hahaha! I laid down for 15 minutes and woke up in the worst pain of my life and ran to the loo where my waters broke.. They were all murky and yuk so we finally went up to the hospital. I knew I was in for a shit time cause the contractions were ALL in my back... Posterior labour. Fuck me. When I got up there thy confirmed I was leaking fluid and it did have meconium in it. They put me on oxytocin to speed things up and that's when the real agony began hahah! I laboured for a few hours before begging for an epi! I can't even remember half of it the anaesthetist got there.... The epidural was FUCKING AMAZING!! And I was able to rest a while.. About 2am I started to feel the most intense pressure in my back and butt and the pain came back with a vengeance.. It felt like I needed to push a bowling ball poo out.. I again went delirious with pain even with the epi in. At 4:00am I started pushing was a relief for a while.. By 5:00am the only thing I'd managed to deliver was a million poos hahahha as she was sooooo badly positioned in my back.. With her heart rate going up and me refusing to push anymore cause it hurt too much I had an emergency c section at 6:57am Tuesday morning 63 hours after my first contraction...the C was totally weird and I spent most of it vomiting... The nurse pulled down the screen and lifted me up to see my beautiful baby be pulled from my tummy... I heard her cry and it was the best thing is ever heard. I found out after her umbilical cord had a 'true knot' in it... A true knot is a granny knot in the cord that she would have made early on in the pregnancy... It's incredibly rare and meant if she would have been delivered vaginally we may not have had such a happy ending...if the knot is pulled tight it would cut off oxygen to the baby.. Strangely enough my sister had a true knot in her cord with my nephew... Even though they are present in less than .06% of births!

Anyways that's my loooong story! I can't wait to hear everyone else's shortly!
How are you all otherwise? I have some major catching up to do xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
Omg she is seriously gorgeous, not just saying that she is beautiful. I'm so proud of you for getting through all if that and despite the ordeal it all turned out with a happy healthy bub. And as usual you're story had me in stitches, child birth is so attractive..not! Please keep checking in with your photos and stories, I luv it :)

Wish she is absolutely beautiful <3<3<3 and now I'm even more terrified of labour, thank-you-very-much-madam :haha::haha::haha:

Wish! What an experience you had! It sounds bloomin terrifying.... But now that she is here safe and sound- oh so worth it! What an absolutely beautiful little girl. You are one amazing mumma xxx keep us posted on howyu guys are going xxx

What an amazing and scary adventure you went through! You are a legend :) Yohanna is absolutely gorgeous :cloud9: Hope you have a speedy recovery and can't wait to see more pics xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->