Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

LMAO, seriously I could have written that, it was an almost exact description of my birth experience with Keyara

I found that hilarious too maddy! Guess I'm still far away enough from birth day too!!

Hello ladies,

12 week scan tomorrow..yay!! So when does the 1st trimester officially end? 12 weeks? 13 weeks? How is it I don't know this.

I have officially become the 'nightmare pregnant woman', my poor OH. I sent him to the shop the other day, I was craving a Sara Lee French Cheesecake, he rings to say he can't find one, would I like lemon meringue pie? strawberry cheesecake? No! 'Find someone and get me that French Cheesecake' poor guy has all the Coles ladies running around finding me one, 'my partner is pregnant, I can't come home without it' lol.
This afternoon it is Tacos..hard not soft, not too much spice..I'm in the bath making my demands, 'get a pen' I say, advacados, sour cream...oh and frosty fruits, the original flavour not the watermelon yuk!
Seriously I can hear myself but I don't care, anything that stops the headache/indigestion/nausea just get it for me NOW!
Sigh..for the sake of my relationship I hope this settles soon haha, I swear the poor ladies at Coles recognise Wayne and give him extra special service out of pity lol.
Hope you're all well x

Oh take- your post really made me giggle!!! I can defn relate :) the nausea and reflux just gets so relentless! Haha I love the 'get a pen' while you're in the bath making demands :) I have to admit I've done that too! I have started 'going for a bath' every time dishes or house work is required. Far too sick for dishes I say!

We bought a cot and ordered a pram yesterday! Oh my god... I have become a nervous wreck since making the purchases and feel like it will jinx our scan on Wednesday. But there is another part of me jumping for joy and excitement too. Dh keeps walking past the room and saying 'shit. There's a cot in there.'

Good luck tomorrow take! Can't wait to see some pics xxx

How's everyone else?

Your a crack up Take :haha: Glad to hear that your DH is looking after you :) Good luck with the scan today :dance: xx

Your scan has come around so quick Kirst, can't wait for a pic :dance: How exciting that you have started buying stuff :) What pram did you get? Xx

Take...hope the scan was good, did you get the full report on the spot? Hope the nausea eases up soon - my appetite seems to have gone back to normal now. No more cravings for everything carb :flower:

Kirst...good on you for shopping! We are going to be limited to a small number of prams since we own a teensy weensy car. In a way I'm so glad to have the choices whittled down for me! One less decision to make :) Are you painting the nursery?

AFM am getting the NT scan results tomorrow lunchtime. FX all is okay.

Can't wait to hear about your scan take! Hope it all went well xxx

Maddy- good luck for the nt results tomorrow- I'm sure they will be good! Keep us posted xxx

We are not painting the nursery- it's a neutral colour, so just adding some pictures and colours in the bits and bobs. Will add a pic as we go along ! How bout you red and aleja? All finished with the nursery and ready to go??

It was quite an experience buying the pram and cot on the weekend! I can't believe how many choices there are. Tristan and I were like deer in headlights wandering aimlessly! Luckily a helpful sales lady picked us as first time parents straight away and helped us out. Still pretty clueless on what we actually need!! I'm good on the basics but there is soooo much stuff you can get. Wish any tips on things we really need? Ah well- plenty of time to figure it out! Xxx

Maddy good luck tomorrow. I didn't get my report on the spot. I have an appointment wed arvo. Was so exciting seeing bub, was measuring 6.5 cm which is a bit big for 12 weeks to my knowledge. She said they'd stick to my original due date, looks like I'm baking a butter ball lol

So happy to hear bubs is going great take!! Fantastic news xxx

Hi girls,
It's lovely to be hearing about all the scan results coming in for you ladies-- your pregnancies seem to be going so quickly! Kirst, I can't believe you are 18 weeks already!!

My DH and I were the same when we walked into Baby warehouse for the first time.. So overwhelming that we walked out defeated. You guys are very organised -- we finally made the cot and picked up the pram on the weekend that just past!! Lol. I know what you mean about jinxing yourself --this is why I held off so long with doing things.. Downside is that now we are doing everything last minute.
The nursery is painted and I've started packing some of the little man's stuff away. I will post a pic when I finish it. I love walking in there every day now.. Makes it seem real.

Ms Red, 4 days to set the nursery up is ok you guys can do it as soon as your bubs doesn't decide to make an early entrance.

Maddy, that blog was hilarious... Funny thing it sounded a lot like my hospital (except not really 5 stars) in that there is a busy cafe at the hospital entrance AND it will take us about 30 mins in peak hour... Yikes I hope I don't end up being rushed in like an ape!!!

Take, ah well milk the attention from your DH while you can-- you do have the most important job at the moment growing a baby so you deserve that cheesecake !

Maddy - Good luck with your results xx

Kirst - The baby stuff is so overwhelming! It is amazing how many different brands and designs there are :) We haven't started our nursery yet as the renos are still being done, will be starting it on the 29th :) xx

Take - Glad to hear bub is doing well :) Good luck with the results tomorrow xx

Aleja - Cant wait to see a pic of you nursery :) How are you feeling? Have your ankles and feet swollen up? I have elephant feet :( xx

AFM - The builders are all finished and the floor sanders went in today. DH and I are living with my sister and BIL for the next 2 weeks, as my step father will finish painting on the 28th :dance:

Hey all!

Red- man I wish we finished out reno's before Yo was born. We still have cords running room to room and half painted skirting boards.. Drives me nuts!

Maddy and take- good luck with your results guys! So nerve racking but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Kirsty, yay for the purchases! I was scared of jinxing anything even the day before I had her.. My sister said to me 'well you can get nothing in case the .01% chance of something happening but then there's a 99.9% chance you'll have a healthy baby that has nothing'... Made sense but it was still scary. What pram did you settle on? It's a massive purchase hey! I knew I wanted something that could face front or back, had solid wheels and a hood that cover the whole thing so we wouldn't have to drape a blanket.. When we found one we jumped on it and have been super happy with it since.

Aleja- are you guys set up yet?

Afm- I can't believe Yohanna is two weeks old today! It really does fly by but I'm loving every moment. I had my c scar open up on the weekend which was pretty awful. The recovery really is hard going..you're body has some hard core renovations done and I don't think I was fully prepared for it! It is so worth it though, babies are amazing!

It sounds like everybody on this forum is either now pregnant or has their baby. Congrats ladies. Is there anyone here like me still going through Ivf in Australia?

Hi Hopeful, good to see you :hugs: How are you going and where are you up to now with treatments :flower:

AFM just a quick update because I'm at work :winkwink: Our NT results were great. Normal DS risk at my age is 1:50 and ours came back at 1:830 so we are skipping the CVS/amnio options and focusing on enjoying our news :thumbup:

Oh Maddy that is so good to hear.
Hopeful- hang in there, I know it's hard feeling like the last man standing, I was for a little while but we're all still here to listen and offer advice :)
Wish- sounds like you're loving motherhood, minus the healing, can't be fun. I had the worst roids after having keyara (sorry TMI) the nurses said it was one of the worst cases they'd seen, I felt like a freak show lol, healed up pretty quick though

Hi girls,
hey Hopeful Cat, I hope it isn't too weird and insensitive that we keep talking about scans, nursery rooms and babies when its supposed to be an ivf thread.:blush:
I was one of the last ones to fall preggers on another BB thread I am on and it sucked. worst of all they all fell pregnant naturally whilst we found out we had to do IVF so it was a bit of a whammy.
As Take said many of us here know a lot about ivf and can answer lots of questions :flower:

Maddy, congrats on such awesome NT results ! how are you celebrating?? i bet some baby purchases are coming up.

Red, Wish and Kirst what prams did you end up getting? I ended buying a Combi Urban Walker prestige. There is so many on the market I had a headache just thinking about it...in the end I went for lightweight and compact and something that would save my back. Downside is that the wheels are not designed for lots of sturdy outdoorsy activities (not that I can see myself jogging at all but I should have considered that I do like walking my doggy a lot too).

Wish, oh dear the post-birth injuries sounds horrible....not looking forward to that at all......please no rroids.....:nope:

Hopeful! Great to hear from you and like aleja said... I hope it's not too insensitive with all the baby talk. Although we are now pregnant - we defn haven't forgotten the ivf journey and can answer lots of questions... I see you're doing a fet next? I am a huge fan of fet... My first fresh was a bfn and then had 2 fets- both bfps! I think they are much kinder on the body. How are you going with it all??

Maddy- awesome news on the results!! Enjoy the start of the second tri now :) I've found it so exciting. Much less feeling crappy- plus it's so great to watch my body changing and feeling baby move- amazing! (Well sometimes great to watch the body change- other times quite horrifying when I jump on those scales ;) )

Take- how are you doing? Ooh ahh- hopefully no roids this time haha did keyara come to the scan? I bet she was excited to see pics of her lil bro or sis :)

Wish- I hope you feel better soon. Woah the things our bodies go through for these lil bundles. But yohanna is so gorgeous and you sound like you're enjoying mummyhood beautifully!

Red and aleja- have you done preggo classes or anything in prep for the birth? I can't believe how close you guys are getting!

As for the pram- we ended up getting the bugaboo buffalo. A big splurge but love the forward/outward facing, capsule clip on and stronger wheels. I like to walk my crazy Labrador too- so wanted something fairly sturdy. She's a bit of a psycho dog tho- so not sure how that's going to go!! What kind of dog do you have aleja? Xxx

Kirsty- I'm so excited to hear about your scan tomorrow. Keyara did come yesterday as she was still on holidays. I told her not to talk too much but she was so excited and had so many questions, the sonographer was really lovely though and didn't mind at all :)

Wish - You poor thing hope you feel better soon xx

Hopeful - Great to hear from you :hugs: Like the other girls said we are always here to answer questions :) I agree with Kirst, I am a big believer in the FET cycle as well! Wishing you the best of luck xx

Maddy - That's fantastic news!! Now you can relax and enjoy the ride xx

Aleja - We bought the Bugaboo Cameleon 3, DH and I fell in love with it when we test drove the first edition 3-4 years ago :haha: xx

Kirst - DH and I just finished our antenatal classes on Wednesday, we found them great! Well worth the money. Are you and DH going to do them? Xx

Take - How cute of your DD to be so involved with the u/s! Glad to hear that the u/s tech was so good with her :) She must be so excited :) xx

Think we'll go with the Babyjogger City Mini GT as it folds in half with one movement - so easy - and fits in our tiny i20. The GT version is apparently really good for walking outdoors and has much better wheels than the cheaper non-GT model. Our second option would be the Mountain Buggy Evolution Mini but it doesn't fold down as small, so leaves less room in the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->