Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Naaaw thanks ladies you're so beautiful! It's been lovely to share this with you guys since very stressful beginnings! And sorry maddy hahah! In saying all that I'd do it again in a heart beat and even when it was at its absolute worst I still had enough clarity to know and understand that it was all temporary and fleeting. Once it was over that was it.. And then I got a baby yay! My physio always said that labour wasn't a thinking activity it was a doing activity and it was so true.. You kinda just surrender to it and accept it. Can't wait to do it again with number two! Hahaha

Hey gals,
Aww Wish she is so cute!! And what a way to enter the world --she sure made her presence felt. The true knot story kinda freaked me out though. So these things can't be seen in the scans?

However I am glad you are vouching for a second bub already .. That's a good sign !

Maddy how did your NT scan go today? And Red did you get the induction date?

I can't wait to hear about the latest gender reveals too :)

I had my baby shower on the weekend I had a lovely day and it was lots of fun. My mum, SIL and MiL went to so much effort with everything I feel like I will have to buy them a nice gift or something.
Only downside is that Saturday night I spent in excruciating stomach pain, hot n cold flushes and nausea (I actually thought it was the beginning of labour)
I must have ate something that made my guts sick. The upside was that it ended up being a good clean out of my sluggish system (sorry that is waaaayyyy TMI) and the next day I felt like a million bucks :)

Hi everyone. Had my NT scan today. Bub is clearly related to DH as it was dancing around in the same uncoordinated fashion :haha::haha::haha: Scan lady said the neck fold measurement was in the normal range but wouldn't be drawn on whether I'd still be classified high-risk. Will get my results next week. Feeling like this is almost real now :flower:

Aleja-so glad you're baby shower went well and you're feeling better, not long now!

Maddy- how exciting seeing bub, sounds like things are all good, hopefully when you're results get put together you get a good result, keep us updated x

Aleja - Glad to hear you had a great time :) Not good so good of a Saturday night for you though :( But glad you are feeling better xx

Maddy - Fantastic news about the scan :) Hope the week goes quick for you xx

Take - Happy 11 Weeks :dance: xx

AFM - Had our OB appt yesterday. Induction date is set for the 2nd Aug :happydance: I was really happy with this date as it now give us 4 days to sort the house out and to set up the nursery :) Also the nausea I have been having! I feel like I am back in 1st tri :(

Hi girls!!

Aleja- so glad to hear you had a ball at your baby shower :) and glad you're feeling better after being sick! Xxx how's bubs going?

Red- the count down is on! Great to have a date to look forward to! He will be here before you know it :)

Maddy- that is just the best news about your scan! It is so exciting to see how much they've grown by 12 weeks!! Hope the week goes fast till your results. Xxx

Take- not long till your can now too!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Wish- how are you and yohanna going?? Keep us in the loop with what we have to look forward to! How's the sleeping and feeding going?

Afm- just counting down to my scan next week- feeling pretty nervous about it but hope that all is ok!! This cold is still killing me- but at least it's school holidays so I can rest and recover, ready for next term! Xxx am off to buy some bits and bobs for our gender reveal party next weekend- that's sure to lift my mood! Xxx

Another plus! my Asos order just arrived :) such great and cheap maternity clothes. Have you girls bought anything from there? Xxx

Hey guys!

Kirsty- I brought heaps of shit from asos there stuff is unreal! I can't wait to hear what you are having! I think girl!! They will be gorgeous either way! And good luck with your scan I have no doubt it will all go smoothly..

Aleja- sorry to hear you were sick.. I'm actually jealous of your clean out though.. I thought I knew constipation beforehand! OMG I still haven't pooo'd since labour... Despite laxatives, supplements and even suppositories... Going back to dr's today to try and get things moving.. Did you get heaps of good stuff at your shower?

Maddy- So good to get a positive result from the NT... I know it's not the whole test but a good measurement is definitely a great sign! Are you feeling any better with morning sickness and heartburn?

Take- I bet Keyara is super excited to be a big sis! Does she want a brother or a sister? And are you starting to have some better days with the sickness?

Red- countdown is on!! Are you nervous? Your boy will be in your arms in no time! So close now.

Afm- Yohanna is thriving! We have been super lucky and breast feeding has come easily to both of us... I figure the trouble she caused coming inn the last tri and coming into the world we deserved a break! She has had a couple of shitty nights but all in all she's a fantastically easy baby. First night home was hell though, she only slept two hours and my eyes were hanging out of my head... By the morning I'd given her a dummy and she was sleeping in my bed.. Two things I swore I'd never do.. I've been eating a lot of humble pie since I had her! Someone told me I should dispense all the parenting advice I had before she was born because it would be the last time I would have all the answers.. I've learned that there is something far more important than the expectations we put on ourselves and that's survival hahahahaha! I had a touch of the blues yesterday when I we ventured to the shops and it was too much too soon.. My gut ached.. We couldn't work out the fucking pram... I forgot the nappy bag and I dropped her dummy..I burst into tear and said to craig 'I don't give a fuck what you have to do take me and Yo home!' I've been in bed since!

Love to anyone I've missed xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
Kirst - I am so excited for your scan! I am going to vote :blue: xx

Wish - Sounds like you and Yo are doing great with the BF :thumbup: Sorry about the baby blues, hope you feel better soon, keep your chin up hunny :hugs: xx

I am getting excited and nervous at the same time Wish. But I think it is going to fly cause of the house renos :)

Hi girls

Miss Red- Not the dreaded nausea back..god I'd be so pissed if mine returned in the last stretch, hope it goes away agin soon.

Kirsty- Can't wait to hear if you are team blue or pink..do you think its a boy or girl?

Wish- I'm so pleased the breastfeeding is going well, I had mastitis with Keyara so badly I was back in hospital by the time she was 2 weeks old

I have had very little nausea for the last week and a bit, has been lovely but having had two little episodes of spotting you can't help but freak out a bit. The scan is on the 15th so not long to go now. Keyara is very excited, her father and step mum have found out they are having a boy so she wants me to have a girl so she has one of each, which would be nice.

Glad to hear your nausea is starting to go Take :) xx

The nausea seems to be at its worse at 4am when I get up to go to the loo :shrug:

I have a zip lock bag with a few squares of chocolate next to the bed for that purpose, one piece seems to settle me

Wish... Glad things are going well, and take it easy on yourself :hugs: I highly recommend psyllium husks for the 'bum end' of thigns. You can get a pack in the health food section of larger Woolies. You stir 2 heaped teaspoons into a big glass of warm water and chug it down really quickly (before it goes gluggy). Then immediately drink a second plain glass of water to follow. All natural and gets things moving g-e-n-t-l-y :winkwink:

Take... Oh not long til the scan! Glad you're feeling better too.

Red... Yukko nausea again :sick: That sucks! I hope that settles soon. Exciting to have a 'baby date', hey?

Kirst... Glad to hear the ASOS stuff is good - I looked online but I wasn't sure of the quality so I haven't gone there.

AFM still got terrible reflux and the meds seem to control it sometimes - other days it's terrible. There doesn't see to be any reason for it, or any particular food group triggering it. Other than that though all is good...

Hi ladies,
Maddy, I am glad your NT measurements were good it'd half the battle that you have won. By next week you an just enjoy being pregnant without the results hanging over your head.
Re reflux -- have you tried Rennies? All the women from my work were munching on those things during their pregnancies. I bought a packet but I haven't needed them yet.

Ms Red, oh wow we might end up having the bubs around the same time as I'm due 8th August :) I will inducted on the 12th if no baby yet.

I figure from 38 weeks I am going to start all the natural methods first as I've heard inductions bring on an onslaught of contractions . Yikes !

Kirst, my vote is girl for you ! I can't wait to hear about the gender reveal party -- my cousin had one of these for her baby shower . She is a pastry chef so she baked her own cake . However it was the worst kept secret as she had told a number of people that she was having a girl:haha:
My bubba is fine--he seemed obvious of my freak stomach virus.. My guts churned all night so I was wondering how loud it must have sounded to him!

Take, are you having the Nt scan too? It must be coming up soon. The choccy by the bedside is a great idea. I've done this too but more for cravings rather than MS!!

And Wish, you got it right --it is about survival and not being super-mum.
I am so pleased for you about the BreAst feeding as I hear it is usually a challenge. Did you do anything to prepare your boobies before the milk came in?

Re: baby blues, one of my friends who is a social worker (like me) has a theory that baby blues is actually post-trauma symptoms .. It's like the body and mind is reacting to the huge trauma of birth . I do believe it as it fits in with the time frame of it happening a few days after childbirth.

And I am totally freaking out about post birth constipation. I have been constipated for the last 9 months so I reckon I'm in for it big time.... ><

Re: ASOS, I never ended up ordering anything although all the stuff looks amazing. I am a bit of a cheapskate as I didn't want to spend too much on maternity wear. I bought jeans from Kmart and a few size 12 tops which have lasted me the whole time.
I did buy a maternity skirt from Target (i got sick of wearing the same thing every day) and skinny black jeans from Jeanswest (big mistake and waste of money, way too tight around the belly) .

Morning. Brrr anyone else cold this morning? There was ice on my car windows at 8am!

I need to sort out my wardrobe pretty soon. Until now I fit everything except my clothes with waistbands. I've been getting by with one of those elastic waist extenders and long shirts. But this week some work shirts won't button comfortably over my tatties :blush: so I feel an emergency shop coming on 8-[

Maddy maternity clothes are the best ! First time in my life I didn't suck in my guts! I wish they had post-natal clothes cause now I'm just back to being plain old flabby again. I got two pairs of jeans west maternity jeans and lived in. They have the big band that goes all the way over your tummy. I also got four or five maxi dresses and wore them in summer and then winter with a cardi!!

Morning girls! It's chilly here in perth today too!
Maddy- shopping sounds great :) I just bought some maternity jeans from jeans west too and love them!
Take- is your scan on Monday?
Anyone have lovely plans for the weekend?

It was cold this morning and to make it worse the builders were here at 7:30am and had part of the house floor ripped up so there was a cold breeze just going through the house :( I have been stuck in the bedroom most of the day :)

Aleja - Our boys are going to be born so close together if not the same day, if you go early :) xx

Maddy - I did the same as Wish and had some maxi dresses, but other than that I didn't buy much. Just got some shirts and a belly belt xx

Wish - How is little Yo going? Hope you are all well xx

Kirsty - This weekend we have to empty the house ready for the floors to be sandered and the house to get painted.

So we are moving in with my sister and her DH tomorrow for the next 2 weeks as we have the floor guys coming in and then next Friday my step father will be here to paint :) DH and I will then have 4 days to set up the nursery before our induction, hope our little man stays put till then :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->