Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

We got a valco rebel q and its awesome!!

Best news maddy!! Relax and enjoy for a while love!!

Take- I hear ya on the hemmoroids, the pharmacist must have felt so bad for me..., maternity pads, breast pads, roid cream, lansioh, box of enemas, elevit, anti biotics, inner health plus (in case of thrush) betadine, nurofen, Panadine and a breast pump!

You poor thing Wish, you are going through the wringer! Sending you lots of :hugs:

Hi ladies- our scan went really well this morning! Bub is measuring 4 days ahead and was moving around so much! Was so exciting to see the little one again. Will let you know Sunday if we are team blue or team pink! When we asked the receptionist to put it in an envelope for us- she laughed and then taped and stapled it up! Lucky cos it would have been so tempting to take a peek!

Another lovely story today: it's funny how fate works. So at our local park, it's a bit of a thing to go down with your dog at 5pm. The dogs go nuts together and the owners all stand in the middle and have a chat. Anyway- we met this lovely couple there as they have a Labrador the same age as ours and did 'puppy school' at the same time. Last year when I went into the fertility clinic for bloods one morning, they were there. We smiled but never mentioned it again and Dh and I felt so sad that we were all obviously facing the same struggle. I haven't seen them for ages, but ran in to her today and found out she is 14 weeks pregnant! I was over the moon that it had happened for us both :) looks like we will have neighbours that we can have puppy and kiddo play dates with!

Oakie doak- officially the best day of my life! My sister just told me she is pregnant too :)

hey Kirst, wow you have had a string of good news!!! that is awesome. If I remember correctly, your sister was also having some fertility issues?? Your family must be over the moon!! when is she due?
I can't wait to hear about your gender reveal. I am not sure how you will hold out till then though...I would be hanging to find out.
Its great to hear about more IVF/AC success stories...and its pretty special your neighbour and you will be sharing play and doggy dates.
My doggy is a Staffy x jack russell. he is pretty crazy too and loves to pull on the lead. Luckily we have a park nearby that he can unleash the inner beast and run wild.

I didn't do any ante-natal classes. They were very expensive at the private hospital I am going to and I heard mixed reviews. I have been doing lots of reading about birth and talking to friends etc so I feel ok but I am a bit worried about my DH. Oh well we will have to wing it!!!

Anyone watching offspring? they are showing Nina's reduced baby movements stuff... oh boy enough to make anyone panic...it happens to me all the time and I freak out until the little one decides to budge.

Oh Wish, it sounds like you bought out the chemist with your battle wounds:dohh: but you won the war and you took home the precious prize

Oh Kirsty how can you stop yourself from finding out, I would not be able to restrain myself. And so exciting to hear of more happy pregnant people, especially your sister!

Got my results..the doctor was an idiot and could barely understand the report..we had 3 sets of odds for different Trisomy types but all were excellent 1:11193, 1:132104 and 1:310981 so we're obviously all happy!! Thank god my sister is a midwife so I just rang her and read it to her and she explained it all. Kinda handy girl to have in the family :)

Kirst - What an amazing day for you! How exciting that your neighbour has been successful with IVF and then your sister! :dance: Don't know how you can not open the envelope! Can't wait to hear the news on Sunday :) xx

That's fantastic news Take! How wonderful to have a midwife in the family :) xx

Take - sounds like K enjoyed the scan. I've offered to book my next one after school so our daughter can come along, she's so thrilled (read: easy to please :haha:) So glad your test results came back sooooo low risk!

Wish :shock: that's quite the shopping list!

Red - time to put your classes into practice soon :happydance: I was thinking of doing Calmbirth, but who the heck am I kidding, no WAY will I be close to calm :laugh2:

Kirst - gosh you are on a run of good news! Are you hanging out for Sunday :idea: Or do you have a 'feeling' one way or another :shhh:

Aleja - I stopped watching Nina after she dreamed about birthing a troll doll. That did my head in :wacko:

Chook....where art thou ???

AFM 14 weeks today so second trimester. And first the first time in a year I feel really relaxed (or I will be after I finish tonight's night-shift and get some sleep) :coffee:

Maddy how old is your daughter? And congrats on reaching secong tri :)

Had my first antenatal appointment today, my midwife's name is Carmel and was really lovely and I have her right through the pregnancy (mind you I don't think that also means at the birth)
The appointment was over an hour, lots of questions, paperwork, urine and blood tests, height and weight (ugh..I'm a porker lol) but she was very thorough and helpful. She wasn't happy with the imaging place I had my first scan at 6 weeks, apparently notorious for stuffing up their reports so has gone by my dates on my last ultra sound which was Monday, so she has moved my due date up 3 days to 24th of Jan hence my ticker being changed.
Hope everyone else is well :)

Great to hear your appointment went well take! Always good to be that bit further on I reckon :) how lovely you have the same midwife all the way through- how often do you see her?

We have our first ob appt Monday which is very exciting! Here's a pic of the little one from Wednesday :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 5
Oh wow how clear is that pic, that is amazing:)
I will see the doctor in 3 weeks then scan in 5 weeks then the midwife again in 6 weeks. She said she doesn't need to see me much this early! It will be more regularly later!

What a gorgeous picture Kirst, that is one for the baby photo album for sure!

Take, the midwife service is so thorough and I bet it's free... None of my
OB appts have been 1 hr, more like 10-15mins and $100 thank you very much!!!
I should be grateful that i have had a low risk pregnancy hence why they are short .. But still!

Maddy I am glad you can now just feel happy you are pregnant -- I found the 2nd trimester went really quickly and it's awesome when you start feeling the bubs dancing around.
I hear good things about Calmbirth I got a few friends that did the course..but I'm like you I'm not sure if I could pull off the visualisations and being all zen in the middle of labour

Ms Red, how are you feeling? My belly is so heavy --especially at night when trying to sleep..my lefs and feet haven't swollen yet but I can imagine that any day now.. Same with tiger marks. Every morning I check if I have been attacked !

Maddy - Happy 14 weeks :dance: So glad to see you are doing well xx

Take - Sounds like you have an awesome midwife :) I am in the same boat as Aleja no 1hr appointments here lol xx

Kirst - What an awesome pic!! So cute :cloud9: Can't wait to hear about the reveal :) xx

Aleja - I have 2 stretch marks now :growlmad: but I look at them as love marks from my little man :) Hope you don't swell up it is so uncomfortable! I hear you about the heavy tummy, hope you can get a few good nights sleep before bub arrives xx

Wish - Hope you and little Yo are doing well xx

AFM - I was admitted to hospital at 5am this morning with a severe headache :( They have diagnosed me with Pre-Eclampsia, so will be getting induced either tomorrow or Tuesday as my BP and blood levels are through the roof. I will be sure to keep you all updated! :)

Oh my god red!!! Sorry you're unwell but how exciting! In a few days you're going to be a mum!! A cannot wait to hear your good news! Good luck love xxx

Omigod red! I hope you're ok. Thinking of you and am so excited you are going to be a mummy so soon! Will be waiting to hear the news!!

We had our reveal this morning... We are team pink!! So exciting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
Oh red I'm sorry this has happened, as long as you and bub are both healthy that's all that matters, at least you are a bees bum from being full term. Look forward to updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->