Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Thanks so much for your reply Miss Redknob :hugs:

Do you mind if I ask how many tries at IVF you had before you got your gorgeous bub? And also do you mind if I ask what the cause of your infertility was?

Xx

Thanks Kris_t!

I will let you know how I go next week after my appt. I get the results of all my blood tests then too including if I also have PCOS on top of the endo which might influence me to go in 1 way or the other.

I want to have a few kids so I feel like the longer I mess around on things with a 5% chance of actually working the older I will be and therefore the harder it will be trying for our 2nd and 3rd... I shouldn't get ahead of myself though just 1 would be nice for now :winkwink:

Do you mind me asking how many times you did IVF and what was the cause of your infertility?

Xx

We gave IUI a go once, it was unsuccessful for us so we decided to move on to IVF, also didn't work and whilst on a break we fell naturally. I think our IUI didn't have the best chance based on the method used to test when I was ovulating, I didn't agree with the timing of the tests and had disagreements with the doctor and nurses. It can be trial and error working out what is best for your body, everyone is different, we did feel it was worth a go at least once though.

Thanks so much for your reply Miss Redknob :hugs:

Do you mind if I ask how many tries at IVF you had before you got your gorgeous bub? And also do you mind if I ask what the cause of your infertility was?

Xx

No worries :)

My DH and I have only done IVF once. I had 18 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 6 fetilised, 4 biopsied (PGD) and 2 that were normal! I had 1 put in (fresh) and the other frozen. The fresh was unsuccessful and my little snow baby is sleeping in his bassinet next to me :)

Our issue was recurrent m/c (8) and my DH has a Chromosome Balanced Translocation of 14 & 15. Our OB said PGD was our only way to have a normal chromosome baby.

Hi Sparkle :hi: We did 3 rounds of IUI and had two chemical pregnancies from those treatments. Our Dr at that clinic would only do a max of 3 rounds of IUI with any client as he said the success rates drop off dramatically after that. I feel like it was a good way for us to get used to the invasive nature of fertility treatment, the regular monitoring etc without committing to a huge cost. It also gave us time to think about whether IVF was for us.

Like Miss Red we only did IVF once - of 6 eggs, 5 fertilised but only 1 made it to Day 5 and that one eggie is due in just over 8 weeks! I had 'undiagnosed' issues and DH had poor morphology (between 4-6%) as well as a low-ish total count.

I'm 29 too sparkle and have the same worries as you in wondering 'will we be able to have more than 1 baby?'

We went straight to ivf as I I have low amh and DH has 1-3% motility and low count. On our fresh cycle we got 12 eggs, and of that 5 made it to blast. The first cycle failed, the next fet resulted in a mc at 8 weeks and this third time lucky is a little girl due in two weeks! So we have 2 frozen embryos and as our doctor said 'it's enough to give hope, but not enought to gaurantee another baby.' We would love to have 3 kids, but obviously would be very grateful to end up with two. I'm glad we found out about our fertility issues earlyish as it means that I have time to do another fresh cycle and have the chance at another child or two before egg quality/count is too low.

Thanks lovely ladies for all your advice :hugs:

At the moment I'm leaning towards possibly trying 1 or 2 rounds of IUI first but we'll see what happens at my appt when we get the results of our blood tests.

Xxx

Hi girls, had another ob appt today and left yet again feeling horrible. I really feel like we've made a mistake with this private ob and hospital. He seems hell bent on inducing or cutting me open jut because it suits his schedule. I just feel like I don't trust him anymore and I am so scared of being forced into intervention that's not necessary when I'm in labour or before :(

Is it out of the question to change providers at this point?? How awful feeling like this. Some obs are terrible for scheduling inductions or c-sections around their golfing tournaments or vacations, especially at this time of year. Stand your ground..its your body and your baby and you should have the birth experience that you want and feel is best for you. I don't think you would be the first person to look into other care options at this late in a pregnancy. He can't make you do anything you don't feel comfortable with, he sounds like a bully!!

Hey girls I wrote a whole essay and then it got lost in cyberspace :-/

Hello sparkle welcome to the thread . I did 1 ICSI cycle and fell pregnant on a FRozen embryo transfer . I will have to start again as I don't have any frosties left. From where I'm standing 29 yrs is young enough to believe you will have your 3 babies. This coming from a 36yr old!
Good luck with your appt

Kirst, I can't believe your being pressured into an induction. Bloody oB.. Its awful you don't trust him anymore as he plays a pretty crucial role during your labour.. They do call the shots on the day as the nurses run everything past the OB . I hope you can come to some sort of resolution as you don't need the extra stress . If he has a scheduling issue does he have a back up doctor who will be available to deliver the baby?

I wasn't induced but it sure felt like it as my contractions started thick and fast as soon as my waters broke. I opted for the epi as after 5 hrs of excruciating agony I was still only 4 cm dialated and exhausted . The epi was heaven for me... I relaxed and it didn't slow down my labour . In fact it helped me along.

You are full term now so can you try some natural things to help baby along?

Hi girls, had another ob appt today and left yet again feeling horrible. I really feel like we've made a mistake with this private ob and hospital. He seems hell bent on inducing or cutting me open jut because it suits his schedule. I just feel like I don't trust him anymore and I am so scared of being forced into intervention that's not necessary when I'm in labour or before :(

Oh Kirst I'm sorry...is there any reason you couldn't cut your losses and go public? At least seek out your local hospital and go in for a visit and see what they think?

So sorry you OB is being such a d**k :hugs: I agree with Take stand your ground!!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement girls! Defn needed it this week :) I am going to stand my ground and make sure any interventions that he suggests are medically necessary. Just sucks that I feel like I have to fight for the last two weeks of pregnancy!

Ended up going in to the hospital on fri night as had a fairly big bleed. I am very certain it's just cervical, but thoughti should get checked as they said to call if it is that much- and I also thought maybe he would do a cervical check and confirm the source! But of course no.... He told the midwife over the phone as it's happened before he's happy for me to go home, see me next week and discuss induction! Grrr. Did you obs do internal checks at the end of pregnancy? Not that I mind not having one :) but he has never checked at all and keeps making sweeping statements like 'your baby is not engaged' (my very trusted midwife friend said that she is 2/5 and I believe her cos the ob barely even felt my belly! Plus last week she was and he reckons this weeks she's not? Can they even pop out?) and then he goes on to say 'well we need to c section if she hasn't engaged' and 'we need to induce because of bleeding from an unknown source' I feel like yelling - well you could have confirmed the source but you wouldnt come down and see me, you d*ck! And lots of babies don't engage until labour anyway!

Sorry for the big rant ladies! I have a feeling that I am being a preggo overreacting crazy lady at the moment! But I guess I just feel so bummed this doc has turned out like this as I had heard he had a good reputation for being a bit more natural. I just want a chance to try things baby's terms- am more that happy for any induction or c sections that's needed as bub is my priority! But I'm not convinced they're needed yet and more sure that he wants me to deliver before the Christmas rush!

You're bleeds are possibly just your cervix preparing for labour I would have thought. Maybe it was your show?? And you are not over reacting at all so rant away all you want love thats what we are here for xx

My Ob does a internal at 38 weeks, but I never go there. They will normally do it near the end.

Take, Kirst, how about some bump pics for posterity :hugs::flower: I just posted my 32 week pic in my journal. I was sooo shocked when I saw how big I looked, because I honestly don't feel that enormo :wacko:

https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/lil_211/IMAG0091_zpsfe28067e.jpg

sorry not sure why that pic is so big lol, it makes my bump look even bigger if thats possible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->