any bad sleepers who temp?

I'm with you guys. I deciding if I am going to buy okp. I know I have a trial hopefully next cycle, but its this cycle I'm currently on. Thankfully I'll be on a long weekend in the middle of my TWW so that should pass the time a bit. I'm going to pack the thermometer just to make sure I have high temps. If not I'll be a little sad.

How often you ladies going to DTD?

We can obsess about high temps together. I am still in two minds about whether to pack it. DH and I regularly dtd about once a week but now we are obviously having to up it! We are trying to dtd every other day but wondering whether to up it to every day around ovulation. I have read conflicting things. What do you do?

citrus,
is there any way to just take your temp, but not think about scheduled sex and everything else just input your temp in the morning and then put it away? my family is coming to visit in 2 weeks and i am taking them all over japan for 8 days. it's the week before AF or a BFP so was sort of hoping to temp just to get a full first cycle of data, but i don't know how that's gonna work...one of the nights we are staying in a 10 person japanese style room! not sure they would appreciate a 4am wake up to my thermometer beeping away!:haha: might just have to skip that day:roll:

mummy2o,
here's my chart My Ovulation Chart
and my husband said to me this morning, "wanna have sex tonight?" like he was asking if i wanted toast for breakfast or something, it was the funniest thing. so, maybe there'll be an extra PM on that chart later:rofl:

I'm doing every other day right now also citrus. OH hates it but he likes the end product so he's contently happy I think. I may up it during ovulation which will be sunday=tuesday. I had a high temp this morning but if I set my alarm I wake up every 20 minutes. So not thrilled about that. I had terrible broken sleep :(

Yeah see under normal circumstances I would do just that but the reason I kinda don't wanna take it is because my temps are stressing me out this cycle. I temp in Celsius but have converted for you. They've been as low as 35.4 = 95.72. This is my 5th cycle temping and I've never had a temp as low as that before and now I've had it twice and others similar. So not really sure what's going on. Only thing different is that I've taken Evening primrose oil and it's been really hot so have been sleeping in less clothes/with a sheet instead of a duvet and had quite a few nights of broken sleep.

Don't think I can stand to not know whether I've ovulated though! I'll see how I feel on the day. Sounds like you two are both approaching o-time. I hope I'm with you!! Good to see you've been doing lots of baby making. I think I'm gonna switch to two day on, one day off during my fertile time.

so, i thought that spike in my temp from a couple days ago might have been ovulation, but had way more EWCM today than 2 days ago, which makes me think it hasn't quite happened yet but is close. had sex tonight just in case:winkwink:

my sleep is crappy as usual and i was really tired this morning.

am mostly just (impatiently) waiting until i have more dots on my chart to get a better idea...

I'm in celsius also. If its that low maybe you need to recalibrate your thermometer especially if its old. Although if its new, maybe your body temp is just low. My lowest is always 36.2 but on my old thermometer it was in the 35's.

I hope I do ovulate but I'm so stressed with life right now its kinda hard. Thank god for the mini break!

The spike in your temp will stay up for several days, although when I implant my temp drops below my cover line. But everyone is different.

Yeah jumping o temps can be really frustrating and erratic. I find the worst of it is in the TWW. Wont be so bad on your first cycle as you wont have anything to compare it to but last month I was constantly comparing to see if my temp was higher than the previous month. It can get pretty all consuming, and that in itself seems to throw my temps out!!!

I don't think I am going to be able to resist taking my thermometer away with me. Id like to have the time off, but don't think I can cope with not knowing whether I'm 3dpo or 6dpo. Still not entirely decided, will see how I feel on the day!

Any indications that you have ovulated/are about to? I got some nice EWCM today so think it might be on its way.

PS mummy2o, my thermometer is only 4 months old, so shouldn't be a prob. My lowest temp previously had been 35.7, but usually between 35.9 and 36.3 pre o. Hmmm, we shall see what tomorrow brings

Yeah jumping o temps can be really frustrating and erratic. I find the worst of it is in the TWW. Wont be so bad on your first cycle as you wont have anything to compare it to but last month I was constantly comparing to see if my temp was higher than the previous month. It can get pretty all consuming, and that in itself seems to throw my temps out!!!

I don't think I am going to be able to resist taking my thermometer away with me. Id like to have the time off, but don't think I can cope with not knowing whether I'm 3dpo or 6dpo. Still not entirely decided, will see how I feel on the day!

Any indications that you have ovulated/are about to? I got some nice EWCM today so think it might be on its way.

citrusfruit,
CM wise, i thought O would be today, but my temp this morning stayed relatively high, so i got cross hairs:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e7f1//thumb.png
My Chart and am now at 3DPO.

so my question now is:

do i just have a really long LP?
my cycle is very regular at 28-30 days but if i Oed at CD10, that means that 14DPO is still only CD24 and FF is predicting i get my next period on CD25. i assume the default in FF is 14 days for LP, which is why FF is predicting that...so maybe mine is just longer?

but then, FF is marking my "test day" on what used to be CD30, based on last month's 30 day cycle, but assuming i'm not pregnant and predicted to get my period on CD25, that's actually the CD5 of my next cycle. do i have to wait that long?!:wacko:

seems like 10-14DPO is pretty average for people getting BFPs?

FF can change the date you ovulate to later, so that might not be when you ovulated. Mine changed it to late last month for whatever reason so I just went with the flow. The longest LP I have ever got 16 days. But prior to having my baby I had a really short one of 10-12 LP so glad its gotten longer and no more irregular cycles.

I don't think it is then, maybe you just have a low temperature citrusfruit. That's fine also. :) That's fine not temping whilst your away, but if your using FF (not sure on other sites) it won't pick up until 3 days after your ovulate, so it might say you didn't ovulate this cycle. That's also fine as you can do it properly next time :)

FF can change the date you ovulate to later, so that might not be when you ovulated. Mine changed it to late last month for whatever reason so I just went with the flow. The longest LP I have ever got 16 days. But prior to having my baby I had a really short one of 10-12 LP so glad its gotten longer and no more irregular cycles.

thanks mommy2o!
so, basically, we should just keep doing it 'cuz you never know!:rofl:

Ahhhh ladies, go away tomorrow but don't think I am ready to be parted with my thermometer!! According to FF I haven't ovulated yet but it must be soon!! I hate late ov because it just means it feels like the pressure to bd would feel like it lasts for ever!!

Jumping o, I am getting a little disillusioned with temping. Because my temps were low I've been checking during the day to make sure they aren't staying too low. Once, my temp went from 35.4 to 35.9 in the space of a few minutes. This has happened to me in the morning too. So I kind of think that u shouldn't regard it as the be all and end all in regards to bd-ing. I think you could easily miss the crucial day that way. LP isn't supposed to be more than 16 days so maybe FF has ur o date wrong.

Its not suppose to be, but it is possible. Never over 18 days though. I'm guessing hormones after the birth were still playing havoc with my system. So I think I just got unlucky. Then again my shortest LP was 4 days but that was with irregular cycles. So I could just have a weird LP time.

Enjoy your holiday citrusfruit.

Jumping o, I am getting a little disillusioned with temping. Because my temps were low I've been checking during the day to make sure they aren't staying too low. Once, my temp went from 35.4 to 35.9 in the space of a few minutes. This has happened to me in the morning too. So I kind of think that u shouldn't regard it as the be all and end all in regards to bd-ing. I think you could easily miss the crucial day that way. LP isn't supposed to be more than 16 days so maybe FF has ur o date wrong.

i hope you're both right!

lately i've been temping at 4am. half the time i just wake up around then, half the time it's to an alarm.

but this morning i woke up at 2:40, temp was 97.3
and i turned my 4am alarm off because i figured it was good enough.
then i woke up at 5:50, temp was 96.6

i got so mad at myself for turning my alarm off:growlmad::sad2: because
with the first one, my O stayed at CD10, all 4 numbers after O were about the same, above the base line but when i changed my data to the second temp, FF told me it needed to completely readjust and now i just have an up down chart with no O.

but thanks citrus and mommy2o. after it completely changed my chart, i read your posts and am trying to stay positive. i also am trying to remember that i had some serious EWCM on CD12, so it's very possible that O was not at CD10. we didn't have sex yesterday, but if we do tonight, it's still every other day since AF left, so i think we've still got a chance:shrug:

i assume that since temping BBT is trying to find your lowest body temp in a given day, i should keep the lower one, right?:huh:

Eek im trying to temp this month....day one today, woke at 6:40 forthe toilet and forgot to temp, then woke properly at 8:40 because i heard the binmen and the bin wasnt out...so i jumped out of bed....sooo major fail!! I always wake up for toilet breaks too so its goung to be hard temping

welcome fruitee!

what CD are you on?
if it's still early in your cycle, starting tomorrow shouldn't be a problem:thumbup:

I totally feel your pain with the up down chart jumping o. Stupid temping!! I prefer the TWW when u can just relax!

Welcome fruitee. How long have you been on the TTC train?!

Hi Fruitee. I'm the same as you. I wake up to pee at least once a night. If your at the beginning of your cycle it doesn't matter when you start temping. Some take AF off temping, others don't. So don't worry to much, just start again tomorrow. I always get OH to put the bins out before he goes to bed as they come so early around here. I swear we're the first stop on their list!

What CD are you on now jumpingo? Remember it doesn't register ovulation until 3 day afterwards so you might already have again and it's waiting for your 3dpo. Also you might have tried to ovulate and failed, this is pretty common so your body is gearing up for it again.

Citrusfruit, I prefer waiting for the TWW. I find during the TWW I'm terrible at symptom spotting, impatient to test and get frustrated at all the BFN. Thankfully I'll be busy first half of TWW, but there will still be a week left of me worrying about it all.

Jumpingo, I agree with mummy2o, it's possible that FF is waiting to see what your temp does tomorrow before registering your ovulation. Also, a temperature dip in the 2WW doesn't necessarily mean that you're out. In the TTC GROUPS & DISCUSSIONS forum there is a sticky thread with a lot of charts ending in pregnancy and in a lot of those charts you see they also had temperature dips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->