any bad sleepers who temp?

I agree with citrus and test for us :) We like to know what's going on with your body :D

Cirtusfruit: I believe your right, but its just typical that one day we wanted to do it was the day we didn't have a minute to ourselves! Saying that today has been similar. Maybe I'm just doomed for a busy week before getting away!

so now FF is moving my O date to CD13 (from 10) ugh.

i have a screwy temp at CD14 (taken twice, once way too early and once way too late) and depending on which one i use, my O date changes.

if i didn't O until 13, BD is not as good and also means i'm only 7DPO :(

don't know what to do, though i'm sure my only choice is wait
more, huh?:shrug: :(

No, once my ICs arrive I'll be right there with you!! Sure we will get some BFNs along the way but we will be there to support each other and hopefully some of them will turn into BFNs. With a bit of luck we'll have some squinters to post and obsess over!

Mummy2b, sorry I can't scroll back a page without losing what I've wrote and I can't remember whether you've said when your thinking of testing?

Oh, jumping, that's annoying. It's probably just getting used to ur temps. You'll have to wait it out.

Hey all. I am officially in the bad sleepers who temp club. Always been a bad sleeper - just started temping this morning.
Looking forward to a whole bunch of open circles on FF!

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this was already discussed but what is the threshold for "sleep deprived" as in how few hours do you have to get or how many times do you wake up in the night before you check that box?

welcome mint!:wave:

if i get less than 3 solid hours i check the box.
even if i wake up, but don't actually get out of bed, i still check it.

i imagine some people don't count waking up as long as they stay in bed and go right back to sleep...? i often wake up but don't need to pee or take care of a baby/child so for me, waking up at all seemed enough to check the box. if i get anything over 3 hours of solid sleep, then i don't check the box.

actually, don't think we all shared our "policies" earlier in the thread, so i'm interested to see what everyone else does!

i would also guess whatever you decide, it's important to just stay consistent?

Hi mintastic. I wake up at least once every night to pee, sometimes more or less, or get woken up by OH when he comes to bed. Children are pretty good and let me sleep until 6 so can't complain much. Although I do have a habit of waking up at 5 so I test the closest time to then when I wake up. Seems to do ok for me.

Citrus as for me testing, won't be until after the 5th. Got to much on until then and will still have a week until AF. Although I'm not 100% sure I've ovulated though and FF just thinks I have so we'll see.

Jumpingo don't worry it will have some false starts and even if you didn't BD you did some right, which means you in for a chance regardless.

Jumping, before I read ur last sentence I thought exactly the same. Although I've had a few bad nights sleep and odd temps over the last few months, I have always shown a biphasic pattern so I think you just have to stick with it. I am just more cautious in the TWW because last month I had two really high temps at the end and got really excited but it turned out to be nothing.

citrus,

sorry, what do you mean? do you check or not check the box differently at different points in you cycle?

i reread my last sentence and wondered if it wasn't clear that i meant whatever "rule" you set for checking or not checking the box is probably okay as long as you're consistent.

(sorry, i wrote those posts at 4am so maybe they only made sense to me!:huh:)

Jump - at first I read the same way as you that she agreed with you up til that point but disagreed with your last statement but then I reread it and I think she meant she was about to type the same exact thing before she read that you already said that.
I think?

Yes mint! That was exactly what I meant! Sorry for the incoherent babble jumping. A little late here too.

Welcome mint. Good to see our small (but supportive) bunch of tempers expanding :)

okay, now i'm awake and actually coherent. gotcha:thumbup:

am still not sure what to do with the chart...

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e7f1//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

and if you look at CD14, there's a low temp that drops below the coverline.

i usually take my temp between 4-4:30am,
but on this day i woke up at 2:40am and it was 97.3
and then turned off my alarm (ugh, why did i do that?!!!)
and didn't wake up until 5:50am but took it again and it was lower at 96.6.

it seemed weird because everything i have read seems to say that your temp is lower earlier and then rises as you get up? so i wasn't sure which temp to use, but i initially used the lower one. but then after i got cross hairs and all the other temps around CD14 it were close to 97.3, i thought maybe that was the more accurate number:huh:

THEN i got this big jump for the last 3 days and putting today's temp in made FF move my O date to CD13. so, just for the heck of it, i put the lower temp back in on CD14 and it makes O go BACK to CD10.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh:help:

then i thought, maybe i discard it since the times of both temperatures were not really close to 4am, but it leaves my chart the same as it is (either O at CD10 or O at CD13 depending on WHICH temp is entered when i discard it) yeah, i'm seriously crazy.:wacko::wacko:

thanks for even reading at this point!

might just test for the heck of it today, even if Oing on CD13 means i'm only 7DPO...it might satiate my "need" to POAS for a couple days...?:dohh:

Jumpingo it could be implantion as your temp will drop then away. But it could be as you said the funny time you temped.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?d=2013-06-04 This is my daughters BFP chart and you can see a dip at 5dpo so you never know.

Test anyway purely as its fun to do :D, minus the BFN but its still early days :)

so...BFN and not even a squinter.:nope: my husband was really supportive and i know it's still early, but it still sucks. will try to wait until thursday or friday to test again.

Hmm jump, because you have seemed to o quite quickly after AF, I think if there is a next time, it would be helpful for you to temp through AF to get a better idea of your pre o compared to post o temps. Just looking at temps, it looks to me as if you've ovulated on CD 17! But looking at your CM and knowing the length of your cycle this doesn't seem likely.

If you have o'd on CD 10 then you need to :test: because it does look like you've got a nice implant dip and triphasic pattern!

:test: :test:

AFM: my ICs arrived today so I think I will be testing tomorrow AM. Totally expecting a BFN though. No symptoms and chart looking quite usual so far.

Ohhhh keep crossing posts! I'm sorry jump, I had a good feeling for you. Probably still early, it's difficult not knowing when you o'd.

Hmm jump, because you have seemed to o quite quickly after AF, I think if there is a next time, it would be helpful for you to temp through AF to get a better idea of your pre o compared to post o temps.

i would have started temping earlier this cycle but was waiting for my thermometer to arrive. i totally agree it would be helpful to have a better idea of what pre-O temps look like.

Just looking at temps, it looks to me as if you've ovulated on CD 17! But looking at your CM and knowing the length of your cycle this doesn't seem likely.

i know right! since i only know the length of my last cycle (30 days) FF used that as the default and at the very very beginning was predicting CD17 as my O date. when it gave me cross hairs at CD10, i was skeptical because i have had 28-30 day cycles for as long as i can remember and a 18-20 day LP sounds really long. if it weren't for that CM early on...:huh:

If you have o'd on CD 10 then you need to :test: because it does look like you've got a nice implant dip and triphasic pattern!

:test: :test:

Ohhhh keep crossing posts! I'm sorry jump, I had a good feeling for you. Probably still early, it's difficult not knowing when you o'd.

:haha: yeah, BFN, but still early!:thumbup:

AFM: my ICs arrived today so I think I will be testing tomorrow AM. Totally expecting a BFN though. No symptoms and chart looking quite usual so far.

i looked (half heartedly) into ICs the other day. what brand and where did you get them? might have to "invest" if this cycle is a bust:winkwink:

Hmmm, I think you are just going to have to wait it out. The more I look at your chart, the more I think you may have o'd at cd 17. CM can be confusing and don't think it's enough to confirm o. I put your temps into a converter (Fahrenheit means nothing to me) and your temps up to cd 17 are typically pre-o temps. Everyone's different but there are 'normal' ranges. Which would put u at just 3 dpo so much longer to wait! At least you BD on that day though, just goes to show you should always keep going!!

I got my ICs from eBay. They say they recognise the same measurements of HCG as FRERs so thought I'd give them a go. It's more just so I don't feel bad about wasting them at 8 dpo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->