Any big momma's out there?

Glad it went well, Bigbetty :)

I'm 5.1 and weigh 107 kilos- so bmi is about 43 or something. They've been quite harsh on me for my weight, making me see the consultants every month and emphasising none stop about how important it is for me to gain minimal weight. To be honest though I have to admit I hate being so big, i'm so uncomfortable, I will DEFINITELY be losing weight before I TTC number two.

I was a size 20 pre-preg and I lost weight due to mad morning sickness. I am now a size 18 so thinner generally, with a HUGE bump (see the plus size bumps thread!!) and only 3kg heavier than when I got my bfp.

Thats pants. Iv only got to see the consultant once unless i develop any problems. Its silly how different the care is accross the country.

When did every one start to notice a change in the shape of there bellys? I sware the bottom of my B is getting rounder?

does anyone know when you get to hear baby i cant remember its so long ago

Hi ladies...:hi:
I'm sooo glad to join you gals now...:happydance: my pregnancy was confirmed yesterday by my Dr... and i will get my first scan june2nd.. this is my 3rd pregnancy and it was my first month ttc'ing again after 2yrs... I always start showing around my 16-20 weeks pregnant.. can't wait for my baby bump... hope all is well with everyone today...:hugs:

Oh, its so nice that I found this thread. I was so needing to, since I went to my OB appt. the other day, normally I see my regular midwife and ended up seeing a mean old male physician that was lecturing me big-time about the 16 lbs. I have gained so far in my pregnancy. He said since I started out in my pregnancy overweight, I should only gain 20 lbs. total. That leaves me only 4 more lbs. I am "allowed" to gain in the next 16 weeks. Got me so depressed. Especially the part were he comes in to the exam room to introduce himself, then looks at the weight in my chart and says, "Your eating too much." How rude. I am going out of my way not to eat too much (but not starving myself!) because I don't want to have an excessive amount of weight to lose after the baby. So needless to say his mannerisms and comments really got me down, so I have been reading through the posts on this thread, and I feel much better...I'm not alone!

hi ladies just letting you know im out 4 now back to TTC threads as ive just had a misscarriage :( best of luck to you all xxx

hi ladies just letting you know im out 4 now back to TTC threads as ive just had a misscarriage :( best of luck to you all xxx

Im really sorry to hear that :hugs:...Me and Hubby have experience the pain of losing little ones and i have a rough idea of how you must be feeling

If you ever want to talk you can always PM me

I wish you all the best for the Future xx

Hello ladies!!!

I am a plus size, 16/18 and I have a bmi of about 34! My midwife has never mentioned my weight! When I had my 12 weeks scan i saw my consultant and she was lovely, she had no concerns either! She said I was healthy my bp was normal and just keep doing what I am doing! I love exercise and eat fairly healthy, I don't smoke and hardly ever drank pre preg so she saw no reasons as to why I would need to keep going back to see her!! I was so relieved as I had heard all these sorties about being bigger and needing extra care etc!! I have to go back at 36 weeks to have a scan and see the consultant, but apart from that its just routine midwife app!!!
My pregnancy is going smoothly so far, had no problems and I know I am lucky!! We tried for 6 years for this, I have PCOS. I think because I am so relaxed and keeping fit and healthy that my pregnancy is going so well!!
I can feel my LO kicking and my husband has seen her kicking!!

Im really sorry to hear that :hugs:...Me and Hubby have experience the pain of losing little ones and i have a rough idea of how you must be feeling

If you ever want to talk you can always PM me

I wish you all the best for the Future xx

hey! thanks heaps... it sounds weird but i feel okay now, ive had my cry and cleaned my house after having a rest lol.. hubby and i have a toddler hesjust about to turn two next week so hes keeping us going.. keeping the *sort of* smile on our faces :D
ive found B&B soo helpful throguhout my pregnancies and this miss... wishing you all the very very best with your pregnancies and i should be back here soon enough lol xxxxxxxx

oh stacey sorry about your loss sweetie.... I will be praying for you....:hugs: I'm glad your feeling better...:flower: Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...:hugs:

So so sorry for your loss Stacey :( My thoughts are with you and your family hugs xxx

Jetters i cant believe your team are making you see consultant every month coz of your BMI that just seems really ridiculous.

I'm allegedly under consultant care coz i was on blood thinners prior to becoming pregnant and so am meant to be being a very close eye on, that combined with my pre pregnancy BMI being 38 said it presented with greater risks. However i had initial consultant appointment at 6weeks and then again following first scan at 12 weeks then i think i saw them at 22wks and they havent weighed me atall since my booking in day, they havent mentioned anything about being careful about weight gain and last time i went they said everything seems fine so dont want to see me again til im 36wks and got passed back to midwife led care.

It does seem so weird how different trusts work but as long as baby and mum are kept well i suppose it doesnt really matter who sees us :)

Hope all you lovely ladies are enjoying your pregnancies, im hoping to put up a 31wk pic by weekend, not sure if anyone will experience this but ive noticed in the last few weeks that the upper remaining B bit of the bump seems considerably larger than the bottom now xx

I'm so sorry stacey and hope to see you back here soon.

Jetters; thats outrageous. I only ever got booked to see a consultant in my first pregnancy as the booking midwife was concerned as I had suffered depression in the past; but when I saw the consultant he was a really brusque french guy and practically blamed me for wasting his precious time when I clearly wasn't high risk! I know my BMI is not super high now; but its still classed as 'obese' and I've never been considered as high risk because of my weight or ever had to see a consultant.

Had my booking appointment with my midwife today. She was a very nice lady! The only time she mentioned my weight was when she asked me to stand on the scales and then said I would need to see a consultant at 16wks rather than her.

Apart from that everything was very positive!

Only thing was she couldn't find a vein to take my bloods so I had to go to the blood clinic at the hospital - where they found one straight away lol!

Roll on the 12wk scan!!!!!!

Thats great news Big Betty!!.....I feel your pain on the blood taking score though...When i went for my 12 week scan i had to have bloods done....after 11....yes 11 tries they had to go get and Anaesthetist to come take it,He beleived he could get it from the back of my hand then failed miserably..In the end had to take it from the vein from the inside of my wrist..Im really lucky needles dont bother me in the slightest...My husband on the other hand who is 6"5 and built like a monster had to leave the room for fear of passing out...lol

Ive told him when im in labour to stay up by my head and do not go down to the buisness end of it all...The last thing i want is him passing out on me....Men eh:rolleyes:

How are you getting on....Settling in that your pregnant yet?

I am just about getting used to the idea that I really am pregnant - especially now I am having an aversion to certain foods and smells. My sister says if that doesn't convince me I'm pregnant then nothing will lol! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My husband is a bit of a wuss too. When we were with the midwife and she was trying to find a vein he had to turn away. At the hospital he said "you don't want me to come in with you do you?" I told him no he could just sit in the waiting room - bless his little cotton socks! I dread to think how he will be when I'm actually giving birth!!!! :shrug:

Glad it went well, Bigbetty :)

I'm 5.1 and weigh 107 kilos- so bmi is about 43 or something. They've been quite harsh on me for my weight, making me see the consultants every month and emphasising none stop about how important it is for me to gain minimal weight. To be honest though I have to admit I hate being so big, i'm so uncomfortable, I will DEFINITELY be losing weight before I TTC number two.

I was a size 20 pre-preg and I lost weight due to mad morning sickness. I am now a size 18 so thinner generally, with a HUGE bump (see the plus size bumps thread!!) and only 3kg heavier than when I got my bfp.

That is really awful Jetters. I don't see how they can treat you like that if you are obviously having no problems with your pregnancy. If anyone tries to treat me like that I will just walk out or ask them to let me see someone who can treat me with a bit of respect.

I've never had any weight related problems or illnesses and have never had high blood pressure so I can't see why my pregnancy shouldn't progress quite normally. Thin women can have just as many problems with their pregnancies and it annoys me that big women are made scapegoats for everything. :growlmad:

Sorry - rant over lol!!! :wacko:

Hope everything continues to go well for you xxx

Oh, its so nice that I found this thread. I was so needing to, since I went to my OB appt. the other day, normally I see my regular midwife and ended up seeing a mean old male physician that was lecturing me big-time about the 16 lbs. I have gained so far in my pregnancy. He said since I started out in my pregnancy overweight, I should only gain 20 lbs. total. That leaves me only 4 more lbs. I am "allowed" to gain in the next 16 weeks. Got me so depressed. Especially the part were he comes in to the exam room to introduce himself, then looks at the weight in my chart and says, "Your eating too much." How rude. I am going out of my way not to eat too much (but not starving myself!) because I don't want to have an excessive amount of weight to lose after the baby. So needless to say his mannerisms and comments really got me down, so I have been reading through the posts on this thread, and I feel much better...I'm not alone!

Hi there, i'm glad you are finding this thread useful. Don't let the silly man upset you - he has absolutely no idea what you are going through despite all his years of training. Only a woman who has had a baby can know that.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :flower:

I'm so sorry to hear that stacey. Fingers crossed you get another bfp soon and that the little bean sticks. Good luck sweetie :flower:

Hey Ladies as promised heres my 31wk bump piccie. Hope everyone is having a lovely day :)

Attachments

• 31wks.jpg
    31wks.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 23
Aw your bump looks just lovely! Thank you for posting a pic.

Have to admit I'm having a bit of a down day today. I have been feeling so sick I can't bear the thought of eating and didn't sleep very well last night because of the heat so add that to me already feeling tired and now I'm just downright exhausted. Plus on top of all that work is a complete nightmare and I just wish I never had to go back ever again!!!

Luckily my husband is absolutely wonderful and has been so supportive. I don't know what I would do without him.

Right I'm off to have a little "crying for no particular reason" session - take care ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->