Any big momma's out there?

Aww bigbetty so sorry you're feeling so down in the dumps, this bit does pass i promise. Least youre going to be on the larger bump size in cooler weather, trust me 31wks and a 26'c heat is NOT a good combination lol.

Id really reccommend the Seabands if you're having lots of MS i had it horrendous for the first 14 wks and although they didnt completely cure it they sure made it a lot more manageable. Cant say i found ginger helped or fizzy drinks atall infact the thought of a ginger nut now still makes me want to heave. The seabands work on accupressure points on the wrist, i think the only time i took mine off was in my sleep lol

Try little light meals like a small salad, i found the thoughts of high carb foods made me feel worse but foods high in protein such as a chicken salad did seem to be more manageable.

Hugs and hope you do manage to get some sort of a nice weekend xxx

Thanks for that nineena, I hope this passes in a few weeks! It's not like I feel like throwing up every 5 mins it's just a constant nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach. It seems to make everything taste sweet too - how strange is that? lol I can't stand the thought of chocolate at the moment cos it would be far too sweet.

Had a letter from the hospital today - my dating scan is going to be on 30th June. DH was so excited when it dropped through the letterbox he couldn't wait for me to get home so he opened it straight away and text me at work bless him!!

Aww thats brilliant, its such an amazing feeling going for that scan, i was so anxious but seeing bubs there with heart beating wow it was just amazing :)

Really hope nausea passes, the seabands do help ease it even if youre not being sick. I only found i was sick regulalry from about 10wks and that was when i didnt get the bands on my wrists in time lol

Betty are you eating little and often? I only feel realy sick when im hungry so try to have a cerial bar in my bag or some fruit if im in the house

yeah I do feel better when I have eaten so always keep some fruit on me and a carrot which usually helps strangely enough lol

Well i've actually hit 12 weeks today and have my first ultrasound tonight. my symptoms vanished about 2 weeks ago but then a couple of days ago I had one day of feeling really crook. I've been getting some twinges and pain around my uterus as well over the past couple of days. Hopefully its just it moving up out of my pelvis.

Hope everyone is cruising along happy and healthy :)

Hi ladies - had my rescan today and she was able to see heartbeat on abdominal scan, at 7w4d! Although it wasn't VERY clear so had an internal as well to make sure what was happening!

Soooo sooo happy today - hope all is well with my fellow big mamas!

Hi ladies - had my rescan today and she was able to see heartbeat on abdominal scan, at 7w4d! Although it wasn't VERY clear so had an internal as well to make sure what was happening!

Soooo sooo happy today - hope all is well with my fellow big mamas!

Aaaw that is great news!!!! :happydance:

Iv got to say, this heat is not agreeing with me. I dident even walk for 20 mins and my feet had trippled in size. They came back down after an hour or so´s rest but im soooooo glad im not heavily pregant over summmer. Just in winter so you wont be able to see my bump in my winter clothes. Im just going to look even more fat lol

I had my scan last night, everything is going great apparently. All arms and legs are accounted for. Baby measures 6cm and my due date was pushed to the 2nd dec rather than the 6th. I was worried it would be hard to find baby with how big I am but he got it as soon as he put the wand on my belly :D

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x70/Vicare/Baby/babyforum.png

Awwww Billy that's a beautiful piccy of baby, its so clear :) Glad everything is looking good and same to for all those others who have had scans recently.

As for bumps in winter I SO ENVY YOU lol i would have loved to have been heavily pregnant in the winter months coz you'd never need the heating on being your own insulation lol also you will DEFFO look pregnant, there'll be no hiding it with jumpers believe me :)

Hey Billy that is a really good pic, hope it's as easy to see my little bean when it's time for it's first picture! My belly is huge though (fat not baby lol) so I do have my doubts.

Thanks ladies :D We actually got a dvd of the ultrasound and its all rather clear. Bigbetty, I'm a biiig girl and he didnt have any trouble at all. He didnt say a word about how big I was so it was really nice. And I cant wait to be pregnant through winter. Its my fav season so Im looking forward to it!

I'm very short and obese - 4' 10" and 200 pounds. 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Being so large, it sucks that I can't feel a bump yet!

Here's my wee one at the nuchal scan when I was 12w1d pregnant.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/hand-1.jpg

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/Face-1.jpg

Aww minties theres some beautiful pics too.

Bigmomma they WILL be able to see baby dont you worry about it. In fact my 12wk scan was actually easier for them to do than the 20wk scan and i ended up having 3 of those but that was coz baby was being arkward not because of my fat tummy.

Minties i didnt start showing until i was 20wks and now theres no denying im pregnant, you will all have gorgeous bumps and hey like i said in an earlier post im not complaining coz im yet to develop any new stretch marks teehee so there's something to be said for having pre-stretched skin teehee

hey ladies sorry to hijack, im a size 18/20/22 depending on where i shop and im starting to look for maternity clothes. but im worried im not gna get any to fit me :(

have any of you other yummy mummys to be found anywhere?? nice clothes that are generous with their sizes?? xx

Terri i personally waited until i was about 18wks to start looking for maternity clothes and when i did look i found that i could get a smaller size in the majority of things. I love the Red herring maternity range at Debenhams, i'm a huge fan of the over the bump stuff but the band HAS to go right up over the bump or else it just gets uncomfortable. Mothercare do some lovely pull on trousers that have above the bump ranges and their leggings are really comfortable too and well their dresses too. If i went for something less stretchy like linen i'd prob have to get larger sizes than i am doing at the min.

There's also a website called blooming marvellous and i've found their sizes REALLY generous, i bought a size 16 long top a few weeks ago and i could have easily fitted into a size 14, prior to becoming pregnant i was a 16/18 top and 18/20 bottom. The only things ive bought since being pg that were an 18 were some dresses bought from Mothercare and Debenhams, all my other tops and trousers have been a size 16 and ive not been in a size 16 bottom for about 10yrs lol.

There is pretty much no plus size maternity clothing here in New Zealand, it sucks! They assume only skinny people have sex I think. I did manage to find a pair of maternity jeans to fit - just. They are a size too small though. so a bit tight across the thighs.

At my 12 week scan there were no issues seeing the baby through the fat either, as I sorta held it outta the way anyway.

Thanks for the nice comments a

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->