Any big momma's out there?

]As promised some very plus sized pics of me excuse the pjs bottoms but there sooo comfy!!........No laughing please...Be nice...lol

Attachments

• 14052010232.jpg
    14052010232.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 14052010230.jpg
    14052010230.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 14052010224.jpg
    14052010224.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
As promised some very plus sized pics of me excuse the pjs bottoms but there sooo comfy!!........No laughing please...Be nice...lol

aw your bump looks amazing! I can't wait to have one!!!!!!!

I just wanted to wish you all luck. My BMI was 39 (about 16 1/2 stone and size 22) when I got pregnant at Easter last year. My little boy Tom was born at full term on 23rd December and is gorgerous!

I found I actually lost weight over my pregnancy and was over a stone lighter 4 weeks after giving birth than before I was pregnant!

Don't worry about padding affecting the scans. Mine were all really clear though the hospital did put a disclaimer on about the views being 'suboptimal due to maternal BMI'! I just ignored that. Apart from that no-one ever commented on my weight and I did eventually get a very big bump.

I'm sooo Happy i get to join you ladies...:happydance: I just got 2:bfp::bfp: one on Answer test and the other one on a digital test... YaaaY.... So now i have to wait until Monday to get it confirmed by my Dr... I'm sooo excited...:hugs:

I'm sooo Happy i get to join you ladies...:happydance: I just got 2:bfp::bfp: one on Answer test and the other one on a digital test... YaaaY.... So now i have to wait until Monday to get it confirmed by my Dr... I'm sooo excited...:hugs:

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!!!!!!! :flower:

Ok so here is a question for you all - how far gone were you when you first saw your midwife?

When DH and I went to see the doctor last Tuesday to confirm my pregnancy she told me to book in with the midwife as they are really busy at the moment. So before leaving the surgery that's what we did. Our appointment is tomorrow (Monday) and I will be 6wks.

Chatting to my sister this morning she says you don't normally see the midwife until 10wks, but the doctor never said anything about that to us.

Will I be wasting my time going tomorrow?

Hey ladies just wanted to say being bigger isnt that much of an issue and I have made it all the way to third tri :D Im 5'10 and weigh about 19stone I lost a stone and half at the beginning due to morning sickness and only jsut starting to regain that weight now,I have a BMI of 35 and the only things I've found different this tme round(this is my second child 6yrs after the first one) are I have to have the Gestational diabetes test at 28weeks, am going on tue to have it and also im not allowed a water birth as its harder to monitor baby when your bigger in water.
Oh also I was a size 22/24 before being pregnant and and ive found that next maternity wear is fab I take a size 18/20 in their stuff woohoo!

Enjoy your pregnancies ladies :D

Ok so here is a question for you all - how far gone were you when you first saw your midwife?

When DH and I went to see the doctor last Tuesday to confirm my pregnancy she told me to book in with the midwife as they are really busy at the moment. So before leaving the surgery that's what we did. Our appointment is tomorrow (Monday) and I will be 6wks.

Chatting to my sister this morning she says you don't normally see the midwife until 10wks, but the doctor never said anything about that to us.

Turn out i saw my midwife at 5 weeks. Is all just paperwork, she checks your BP and may take bloods. It dosent realy matter how far you are, they just usualy wait till after 8 weeks as the chance of MC has gone down.

Hiya, I'm a plus size 22 with a BMI of 37.5. I had been losing weight for our wedding and did really well to lose 3 stone so now am only "overweight" I put a bit on after the wedding but had managed to lose it just before finding out I was pregnant. Ideally I would have liked to lose a lot more before having a baby but thats just how it goes sometimes.

The midwife told me about risks of developing diabetes during the later stages of pregnancy and I have to see a consultant in June but there are other reasons for that not just the weight.

My dr originally said I was fine to continue dieting - i was doing 1000calories a day, but i just didnt feel right and worried about the baby so now im just trying to eat right and do some gentle/moderate exercise at the gym.

I'm 16weeks today and have put on 3.5kg which hubby says is fine, id rather be one of these women who loses weight while pregnant but as long as baby is ok thats all that matters and the scan at 13weeks showed a perfectly healthy baby.

Good luck and try not to worry - lot of scaremongering goes on about overweight pregnant women just try and be healthy :)

Turn out i saw my midwife at 5 weeks. Is all just paperwork, she checks your BP and may take bloods. It dosent realy matter how far you are, they just usualy wait till after 8 weeks as the chance of MC has gone down.

Thanks for that :flower:

i havent seen the doctor just got told to make an appointment with the midwife so i did i will be about 7 weeks when i see her

I have to admit - and this may be a bit sad - but I have never been so excited to give blood and urine samples in my life lol! :happydance:

I'm hoping that seeing the midwife will make it all seem a little more real!

im terrified im so scared of needles i feel pain in my arms just thinking about it

hey ladies i was 6 weeks when i saw the midwife, i was given my bounty pack and emmas diary voucher thingy, did a load of paperwork etc and now i wont see her till week 16!!

i am 5ft 6 n i weigh 17st 10lb, n she never mentioned my weight :) i am under the consultant due to a pituitary adenoma xx

Had my booking appointment with my midwife today. She was a very nice lady! The only time she mentioned my weight was when she asked me to stand on the scales and then said I would need to see a consultant at 16wks rather than her.

Apart from that everything was very positive!

Only thing was she couldn't find a vein to take my bloods so I had to go to the blood clinic at the hospital - where they found one straight away lol!

Roll on the 12wk scan!!!!!!

thanks nineena!! what a lovely post answered a few of my question iv wondered specially bout being preg and feeling movemnet scans did you have normal scans or internal? x im 16/18 too and did worrie alot it would effect my preg :) but i feel a bit happier now .. hope my weight or sizr is not a issue either with midwifes etc and glad your pregnancy is goin great! xxx

Sorry for delay in replying aside from scan at 6 weeks all my scans have been normal on the tummy scans :)

Had my booking appointment with my midwife today. She was a very nice lady! The only time she mentioned my weight was when she asked me to stand on the scales and then said I would need to see a consultant at 16wks rather than her.

Apart from that everything was very positive!

Only thing was she couldn't find a vein to take my bloods so I had to go to the blood clinic at the hospital - where they found one straight away lol!

Roll on the 12wk scan!!!!!!

Thats great news Big Betty!!.....I feel your pain on the blood taking score though...When i went for my 12 week scan i had to have bloods done....after 11....yes 11 tries they had to go get and Anaesthetist to come take it,He beleived he could get it from the back of my hand then failed miserably..In the end had to take it from the vein from the inside of my wrist..Im really lucky needles dont bother me in the slightest...My husband on the other hand who is 6"5 and built like a monster had to leave the room for fear of passing out...lol

Ive told him when im in labour to stay up by my head and do not go down to the buisness end of it all...The last thing i want is him passing out on me....Men eh:rolleyes:

How are you getting on....Settling in that your pregnant yet?

Hopefully be joining all you big beautiful ladies soon. Married last April me and my partner are looking to start ttc in a month or so! I cant wait!!!

Glad it went well, Bigbetty :)

I'm 5.1 and weigh 107 kilos- so bmi is about 43 or something. They've been quite harsh on me for my weight, making me see the consultants every month and emphasising none stop about how important it is for me to gain minimal weight. To be honest though I have to admit I hate being so big, i'm so uncomfortable, I will DEFINITELY be losing weight before I TTC number two.

I was a size 20 pre-preg and I lost weight due to mad morning sickness. I am now a size 18 so thinner generally, with a HUGE bump (see the plus size bumps thread!!) and only 3kg heavier than when I got my bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->