Any big momma's out there?

would love to see you photo its been 9 years since i was pregnant so i cant remember what i looked like x

Hi, I'm a plus size too. I'm 5' 3 and have a bmi of 41, I'm a size 20 (well between 18 and 22 depending on shop and style) When we were ttc I also went through the rounds of being told I was too fat to get pregnant and it would happen if i just lost some weight. Even after finding out OH had a low count, motility and morphology the *private* ivf clinic refused to go through with treatment until my BMI was under a certain number as "There was no point, it wouldn't take anyway"

After 12 years of yo-yo weight and ttc and a few cycles of icsi, we conceived naturally out of the blue, so take that "too fat to get pregnant" doctors.

To be fair, my midwife at me booking visit didn't say a word about my weight, and even though I'm high risk and have all my antenatal under two consultants at the hospital, no one has said a word about it. (To clarify I'm high risk because I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago, not actually anything to do with my weight)

Hi ladies, just popping in to welcome our newbies - this is such a good thread, well done for starting it! I wonder what it would take to get us our own forum? A certain number of posts, or members? Hmmmmm......

Praying we all have the healthy pregnancies we so want and need xx

how are we all 2day? i had my 1st experience of m/s this morning was aweful! and had neasea all day at dinner time i started to shake and felt faint and like i needed to eat loads lol and loads i dont feel so bad now ive eaten was so icky tho .. :) x

We could ask for this thread to be moved to the pregnancy club forum so everyone can use this thread and not just us in 1st tri?

I know im in second tri but I would love to stop in this thread with you lovely yummy mummy's to be as I didnt really feel at home in second tri....especially with all the "oh I feel so fat threads"....Try having a Evans store card since the age of 16 and having to shell out a whopping £40 on a pair of maternity trousers and see how that feels(no offence meant to the "oh I feel fat thread ladies: winkwink:)

Welcome to the Big Momma's Club - everyone can join in here, doesn't have to be just first tri's.

Someone a bit further back in the thread suggested a website called bon prix for plus sized maternity wear. I had a look and is really reasonably priced - plain black trousers for about £20 and jeans for about £30.

We could ask for this thread to be moved to the pregnancy club forum so everyone can use this thread and not just us in 1st tri?

That's not a bad idea! I have sent a pm to wobbles asking if we can have our own forum but as yet not heard anything back.

I doubt we can have our own forum, there needs to be a realy big demand for it

Was thinking of starting a sister thread to this if thats ok - Big Mommas TTC? Also thought I would post these to encourage you lot to get your bumps out!!! First one is at 25 weeks, second at 39 weeks - these aren't meant to scare you by the way, just to reassure you with a BMI in the high 40's (at the time) You will definitely still have a baby bump!!!

https://i41.tinypic.com/5dorc2.jpg
https://i44.tinypic.com/2jfyhqo.jpg

I cant wait till i get a noticable bump. Being big and tall i dont expect to get one for while

Was thinking of starting a sister thread to this if thats ok - Big Mommas TTC? Also thought I would post these to encourage you lot to get your bumps out!!! First one is at 25 weeks, second at 39 weeks - these aren't meant to scare you by the way, just to reassure you with a BMI in the high 40's (at the time) You will definitely still have a baby bump!!!

https://i41.tinypic.com/5dorc2.jpg
https://i44.tinypic.com/2jfyhqo.jpg

Beautiful bump! I want one of them!

hi that is a lovely bump!!! i have complete bump envy now lol,

destiny midwife came to my home today, she was lovely :D didnt mention my weight at all, i am under consultant care but that is due to being under an endocrinologist for raised prolactin and pituitary adenoma prior to pregnancy :D

she has also booked me in for a scan on monday at the EPAU :D

tho i am worried that my extra padding will affect the scan :S xxxxx

Ooohh Princess your making me want a bump again so much. I loved being pregnant last time even though I was ill for some of it. I cant wait to feel those kicks and see my belly move again when baby turns but it seems so long away

Wow princess your bump looks amazing in those pics! Hope my bump looks like that when I get one and not just like an even bigger flabbier belly than I have now!

I am 20 weeks pregnant and weigh 185 at 5'5 but have always been able to fit into a size 9/10 before I got pregnant, not sure where I carried most of that weight, haha.

Attached is my 19 week bump pic. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 19 belly.jpg
    19 belly.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 9
I'm plus sized, and wanted to add that my birthday is also Jan 11th!!! Best of luck hun xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->