Any big momma's out there?

Welcome mabelbye and Risstron!!!! Wishing you every luck with your pregnancies xxxx

Heulyn - congratulations sweetie!!!! She is just gorgeous!! I dialated quickly too - 5cm to 10cm in less than an hour lol!!!! I'm so pleased everything went well for you love xxxx

Seven - can't wait to see your bump pic :)

Congrats Heulyn! She is a beautiful little girl :flower:

Hey Betty I have a question for you. Looking back on your bump pictures, it seems we have a very similar body type. I've been feeling LO kick for quite a while now and was just wondering if you recall when your kicks could be felt by DH?

Congrats Heulyn! She is a beautiful little girl :flower:

Hey Betty I have a question for you. Looking back on your bump pictures, it seems we have a very similar body type. I've been feeling LO kick for quite a while now and was just wondering if you recall when your kicks could be felt by DH?

I first felt fluttering movement at about 16wks but didn't start feeling proper kicks until around 23wks. It wasn't too long after that when DH started feeling them - within a week or so. Took a bit of time to get him with his hand in the right place though lol.

Hello Ladies!!!! How are we all today??

I have been shopping today and treated myself to some new tops. I'm so proud because they are 3 sizes smaller than before I got pregnant!!! :happydance:

What has everyone else been up to?

I hope all the pregnant ladies are doing well xxxx

Aww must be an amazing feeling Betty! you have done so well :D

I am fine, although having acid reflux and toothache lol, but doing well :) I am moving to the thirdtrimester soon eekk :happydance: :cloud9: although this pregnancy is going so fast

Hope all new mummies & babies are doing well :D and that pregnant ladies are doing well to

xx

If anyone tells you that 3rd tri will drag, don't believe them Lainey!!! Mind you having 3 girls already you will know what to expect lol. For me it flew by - although I did have preparing for Xmas to keep me occupied!

Do you work? And if so when are you planning on starting mat leave?

No, I haven't worked since having Julie my eldest, just with having the small age gap between the kids to, but after this little one, my baby making days will be over :( lol, and then I will be looking into work once hubby gets straight shifts and hours.

It is amazing how quickly the 3rd tri passes eh, I think with the not knowing when baby will arrive, makes it hurry by more. I have been late with all my girls, I am almost praying that I don't go early! which sounds so mad no doubt, as I will complain about it when I do go over :lol: , but earliest I have been is 6 days over, my other two were 9 & 10 days over lol, but I know you can relate to having a comfy cosy baby to :D lol, they come when they are good and ready eh :D

How is your wee lass doing? and how are you doing with your man being at work now? x

Well in my case she didn't get to the good and ready point - we had evict her hahaha!

Francesca is doing so well - if I do say so myself lol. She weighs 9lbs now - up from 7lb 9oz at birth :)

Our first week without DH has been ok - monday we chilled at home, tues met up with a friend in town, weds met up with MIL in town, thurs HV came in morning and chilled rest of day and yesterday my friend brought her godson round and another friend brought her 2 kids as well so we had a play date!

I'm hoping to start going to a group next week - a friend had her baby about a week after me and we are going together so that will give us something else to look forward to :)

Well Done Betty! I bet that felt great :) I'm glad you're going to have a mom's group to socialize with. It is really helpful to get out of the house to talk to other adults :thumbup:

Hi All,

I'm 24yrs, 22 stone and 31 weeks pregnant. My height is about 5'6", I am classified as morbidly obese by doctors but I have never really felt or looked that way, I seem to carry the weight well, BMI sitting on 46 atm.

I have the type of tummy that has a "flap" or "fold", and I am really concerned that this might pose complications for labour and delivery, does anyone have any insight with having a similar body shape/weight and how labour is affected, and if a vaginal birth was possible? I am scared the Dr's will immediately say C-section, I really want to give birth naturally if I can, and will most likely be discussing my birth plan on my 34th Week appt with the antenatal clinic.

I haven't been able to find many re-assuring websites with obesity and pregnancy, my partner and I weren't TTC, I was on Depo-Provera at the time of conception, so this really is a little miracle baby.

I don't eat unhealthily but I do have the occasional Maccas or junk food, I make sure I eat veggies and fruit daily, I don't exercise much because I get very hot very easily, my BP is fine, no GD, no constant back pains or anything.

Anyways, just a hello, thought I'd introduce, found this thread very helpful and was wondering if anyone out there was willing to share some labour stories with me?

I found BigBetty's post very calming to be honest, because it gave me faith that us larger ladies can have a normal birth, even with labour having been induced!!

xx :flower:

Hi All,

I'm 24yrs, 22 stone and 31 weeks pregnant. My height is about 5'6", I am classified as morbidly obese by doctors but I have never really felt or looked that way, I seem to carry the weight well, BMI sitting on 46 atm.

I have the type of tummy that has a "flap" or "fold", and I am really concerned that this might pose complications for labour and delivery, does anyone have any insight with having a similar body shape/weight and how labour is affected, and if a vaginal birth was possible? I am scared the Dr's will immediately say C-section, I really want to give birth naturally if I can, and will most likely be discussing my birth plan on my 34th Week appt with the antenatal clinic.

I haven't been able to find many re-assuring websites with obesity and pregnancy, my partner and I weren't TTC, I was on Depo-Provera at the time of conception, so this really is a little miracle baby.

I don't eat unhealthily but I do have the occasional Maccas or junk food, I make sure I eat veggies and fruit daily, I don't exercise much because I get very hot very easily, my BP is fine, no GD, no constant back pains or anything.

Anyways, just a hello, thought I'd introduce, found this thread very helpful and was wondering if anyone out there was willing to share some labour stories with me?

I found BigBetty's post very calming to be honest, because it gave me faith that us larger ladies can have a normal birth, even with labour having been induced!!

Hi there jacky! I'm going to repost one of my bump pics (taken when I was 39wks) - I think I have the same belly flap as you are talking about, and as you already know I had a completely normal birth!

I can honestly say that having a c-section wasn't even mentioned by either my midwife, consultant or the anaesthatist - in fact once the anaesthatist was happy that she could get a needle in my back quickly if I needed an emergency epidural or could get a tube down my throat if I needed to be knocked out, she said she wanted me to have as active a birth as possible (so I had to chuckle when I ended up sleeping through most of it hahaha).

You sound like you are coping with pregnancy very well, I hope that continues into labour and beyond xxx

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x233/Becca_Anne_album/1-27-11.jpg
This is a pic of me at 24 wks. I haven't gotten much bigger. I think I'm looking pretty preggo now! :)

Hi All,

Hi there jacky! I'm going to repost one of my bump pics (taken when I was 39wks) - I think I have the same belly flap as you are talking about, and as you already know I had a completely normal birth!

I can honestly say that having a c-section wasn't even mentioned by either my midwife, consultant or the anaesthatist - in fact once the anaesthatist was happy that she could get a needle in my back quickly if I needed an emergency epidural or could get a tube down my throat if I needed to be knocked out, she said she wanted me to have as active a birth as possible (so I had to chuckle when I ended up sleeping through most of it hahaha).

You sound like you are coping with pregnancy very well, I hope that continues into labour and beyond xxx

Thanks Betty, I had an appt with my GP yesterday, and he said that if the baby stays in Breech then a c-section is most likely, he couldn't tell what position the baby was in because as he said 'too much tissue to feel positioning', did you have probs with Francesca engaging? I heard the midwives say at the childbirth education class that they normally try to turn the baby at around 38 weeks if it hasn't already turned, and can use drugs to relax the uterus to enable this to happen.

My stomach isn't quite like yours, but I have the overhanging flap at the bottom, so I fear a c-section will mean a very troublesome healing process because its an area of my body that doesn't get much light or air.

I haven't taken any bump photos, I'm too embarrassed, but I look much bigger than yours did at 39 weeks!!

Hi All,

Thanks Betty, I had an appt with my GP yesterday, and he said that if the baby stays in Breech then a c-section is most likely, he couldn't tell what position the baby was in because as he said 'too much tissue to feel positioning', did you have probs with Francesca engaging? I heard the midwives say at the childbirth education class that they normally try to turn the baby at around 38 weeks if it hasn't already turned, and can use drugs to relax the uterus to enable this to happen.

My stomach isn't quite like yours, but I have the overhanging flap at the bottom, so I fear a c-section will mean a very troublesome healing process because its an area of my body that doesn't get much light or air.

I haven't taken any bump photos, I'm too embarrassed, but I look much bigger than yours did at 39 weeks!!

Francesca turned when I was about 31/32wks - and I saw and felt it happen, it was so surreal! Although I had been getting a lot of movement which made my belly twitch for weeks, I got into bed one night and as I settled down she moved like never before. DH and I watched as my belly moved like something out of a sci-fi film where someone has an alien in their stomach!!! It felt very strange!!

She stayed head down after that and started to engage pretty much straight away.

I've heard about the procedure to turn baby, I think there are exercises you can do to help as well. Fingers crossed LO turns by themself!

My belly doesn't look as big in that pic as it felt lol. I have an earlier pic where I look bigger but I had lost a lot of weight by 39wks and she had dropped quite a bit too. If you want to post a pic hun you don't have to do it bare belly like me. You could keep your top down but only do it if you want to. I would recommend you take some shots even if you are the only one to see them - it's amazing to see how your bump grows over the weeks. Although I don't really like my body I figure I don't have anything different to anyone else - I just have lots more of it :rofl:

Hi ladies how are things?

Just to let you all know I'm going to request the thread is moved to a more general area, then hopefully other bigger girls who are either ttw, wtt or have had babies might join us. I think some ladies are put off because we are in the pregnancy section.

What do you all think??

Hi ladies how are things?

Just to let you all know I'm going to request the thread is moved to a more general area, then hopefully other bigger girls who are either ttw, wtt or have had babies might join us. I think some ladies are put off because we are in the pregnancy section.

What do you all think??

Sounds good to me! :thumbup:

Love your bump sevenlady!!

If anyone tells you that 3rd tri will drag, don't believe them Lainey!!! Mind you having 3 girls already you will know what to expect lol. For me it flew by - although I did have preparing for Xmas to keep me occupied!

Do you work? And if so when are you planning on starting mat leave?

Oooooh, mine dragged right up until the week before she was born at 37+3 - then I wished it had been longer, so I could have enjoyed the last few weeks with my bump more! x

Hello ladies

I have been reading back a few pages to catch up on new comers and births, so welcome and congratulations... x x x.

Hope everyone is well? My little lump is sleeping next to me in bed as I type this, snoring! She so sweet. Spitting double of her daddy. Been having a few troubles the last couple of days due to her having the sniffles, I'm using nasal spray to try and help. But when the mucus runs down the back of her throat she coughs and that makes her vomit, lots!

She's a right little chatter box and smiler and now weighs 14lb 6oz and is wearing 3-6 month clothing! Some of her vests are 6-9 months lol..... Seren is my little bruiser and such a contrast to Freya who was still in 0-3 months at this age. 9 weeks have flown by and the sisters are getting on great.... Seren is in awe of Freya and her eyes follow her all around the room.... Freya is very loving and protective of Seren when she cries, telling me "Seren needs mummies milk!".

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->