Any big momma's out there?

Hello ladies

I have been reading back a few pages to catch up on new comers and births, so welcome and congratulations... x x x.

Hope everyone is well? My little lump is sleeping next to me in bed as I type this, snoring! She so sweet. Spitting double of her daddy. Been having a few troubles the last couple of days due to her having the sniffles, I'm using nasal spray to try and help. But when the mucus runs down the back of her throat she coughs and that makes her vomit, lots!

She's a right little chatter box and smiler and now weighs 14lb 6oz and is wearing 3-6 month clothing! Some of her vests are 6-9 months lol..... Seren is my little bruiser and such a contrast to Freya who was still in 0-3 months at this age. 9 weeks have flown by and the sisters are getting on great.... Seren is in awe of Freya and her eyes follow her all around the room.... Freya is very loving and protective of Seren when she cries, telling me "Seren needs mummies milk!".

xx

Aww thats so cute! Harrison is still wearing his 3-6month clothes now and even a newborn jumper! Lol hes only 16lb 11oz x

Congratulations bigbetty Francesca is beautiful.

I've not been on this thread for a while as for some reason my laptop won't allow it? So using DH whist he is out.

I'm now 22 weeks (where has the time gone) and doing ok, I had a scare about 4 weeks ago but all ok thankgoodness. I had my 20 weeks scan and my little princess is perfect yeah I'm having a girl :happydance:

Well my BMI is still 38 I haven't put any weight on and trying hard not to. I have that horrible apron hang but my upper stomach is quite round so I think? I'm beginning to look pregnant but still look fat. No one has noticed yet though but then again it is winter here and I hide under a coat most of the time.

I had a C Section with my DS nothing to do with BMI as it was only 30 then but he was breech, he's always been stubborn lol.

I am starting to worry though as I get further along about GD and other problems but then again it's not always just overweight ladies that suffer with poblems is it?

Just thought that I'd update.

Hope that everyone else is well :hugs:

Hi Ogre - thanks for the update! It's lovely to hear that your 2 lovely girls are getting along well :)

Tommee - nice to hear from you too and congratulations on being team pink! No it isn't just overweight women who suffer from things like GD etc - I never did and I hope that you don't either.

I took Francesca to a first time mum's group today. It was lovely to meet other mums - Fran was the youngest there though bless her! She was wide awake and absolutely mesmerised by the room and the other babies, but by the time everyone sat on the floor and started singing songs she had worn herself out and fallen asleep, so we sat out to one side with a couple of other mums who's little ones were having a nap too lol.

Good morning ladies! Did everyone have a nice weekend??

We went to see my family for my nephew's christening, Francesca got to meet lots of new people :)

Today is a home day - lots of washing to catch up on lol!!

Whats everyone else up to???

Hi all,

I've not been around for a while - trying to control my BnB addiction, lol!!

I'm really starting to struggle with the First Tri!! So tired, not sleeping properly, and feel nauseous a lot of the time, Sorry if tmi - but my bowels are quite loose and crampy too - nice!! I am finding work a struggle, I do a lot of driving which isn't fun when you are sick and tired. Any tips greatly recieved!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Hi Lara, it gets better, hang in there! I found vitamin B6 really helped my nausea - I've been lucky enough that things have really eased up in the past week or two and aside from being tired I feel much more human :)

Going to bed much earlier has helped with the tiredness, I don't sleep brilliantly and I can't seem to sleep late anymore so early to bed it is!

I have my scan on Thursday morning - I am so nervous!

I managed to scare myself silly yesterday by getting an electric shock off my laptop charger :shock: Cue panicky crying phonecall to the midwife thinking I'd blown my baby up :dohh: It just buzzed my arm a bit and I feel fine so unlikely to have done anything to bubs. It did make me realise how responsible I am for this little tiny thing though - it's terrifying :D

Hi ladies... only just found this thread and was wondering if i could join the big momma's???:blush:
xx

MilitaryMummy - how are things with you? How did you find pregnancy and birth?

Well ladies we had a visit from the health visitor and everything is looking really good. Fran weighs 10lb 8oz now - up from 9lb about 2 weeks ago :happydance:

How is everyone??? Hope you all have a great day xxx

I am feeling so sad today :cry:
I went to get my GTT today (testing blood sugar etc, and drinking a sugar drink solution) and this midwife must have mentioned my weight at least 20 times through out the appointment! and I wish I was exaggerating :cry:

She measured my bump with a measuring tape!! :growlmad: I have never had a midwife use that on me since being pregnant with my eldest, and for the obvious reason......i measure big don't I! with being obese. So her words were 'O your measuring 31 weeks, but that could be because there is extra of you' :growlmad::cry:

Do they think obese woman have no feelings? or a sticker on them saying 'just act horrible to me'

Here is some of the things she said to me

"She will need a thigh cuff to go around her arm":growlmad:
"do midwives have trouble getting veins? I think it will be lucky if I do"

To be honest, there are a good few things, but it is upsetting me so much.

I have never felt more uncomfortable, and the way she looked at me was like I disgusted her :cry:

My BP was 122/86 but I think it was only that because I was so upset and angry. And I will hopefully hear nothing from them till my 32 week appointment, in the way of no news is good news.

I took this picture yesterday, and thought I wasn't looking to bad, but now I look at myself and just want to cry. Forgive the wet glass look, I forgot to dry it afterwards lol.

I hope your all keeping well xxx

Attachments

• 01032011659.jpg
    01032011659.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 18
Hey bigbetty... im very good thank you.
My pregnancy and birth were very good thank you! I had a very easy pregnancy and my birth was very quick! Macie came 2 days early and my full labour was only 12 hours... established labour was only 5 1/2 hours and was only pushing for about 30 mins!!! :D The only down side was that i ended up with a 2nd degree tear due to how quick she was lol.
Just so you all know i am a UK size 16/18 :blush:
xx

Oh love :hugs:

What a complete bitch to treat you like that!! There is absolutely no need for it.

I don't understand why they would have trouble finding a vein just because you are bigger - you don't get fat on the inside of your arm ffs!!!

I think your bump pic looks lovely - I wish I had such a lovely bump but my B shape never popped out and you couldn't even tell I was pregnant.

I know it's difficult, but don't take any notice of her love - she is just a complete ignoramus!!! At least you know you have us to support you xxx

Hey bigbetty... im very good thank you.
My pregnancy and birth were very good thank you! I had a very easy pregnancy and my birth was very quick! Macie came 2 days early and my full labour was only 12 hours... established labour was only 5 1/2 hours and was only pushing for about 30 mins!!! :D The only down side was that i ended up with a 2nd degree tear due to how quick she was lol.
Just so you all know i am a UK size 16/18 :blush:
xx

Macie is such a little cutie!

I had a quick labour too - once it finally started lol. I was 13 days overdue and had to be induced with the drip in my arm. It took 11.5 hrs from when they broke my waters and only 7hrs from the first contraction - I went form 5 to 10cm dialated in less than an hour!

I also had 2nd degree tears - both up to my pee hole as well as down my perenium - as Francesca decided to send an arm out along with her head lol!!! I will never forget the midwife's reaction "There's the head - OH! and an arm!!!" :haha:

I was a size 26/28 when I first got pregnant and lost 3.5 stones by the time I gave birth. I'm now a 20/22 :happydance:

Ouch Big Betty that sounds painful!!!!!
Yea mine was near enough straight down to the back package haha!
Shes such a good girl never really had any problems with her at all hehe xx

I am feeling so sad today :cry:
I went to get my GTT today (testing blood sugar etc, and drinking a sugar drink solution) and this midwife must have mentioned my weight at least 20 times through out the appointment! and I wish I was exaggerating :cry:

She measured my bump with a measuring tape!! :growlmad: I have never had a midwife use that on me since being pregnant with my eldest, and for the obvious reason......i measure big don't I! with being obese. So her words were 'O your measuring 31 weeks, but that could be because there is extra of you' :growlmad::cry:

Do they think obese woman have no feelings? or a sticker on them saying 'just act horrible to me'

Here is some of the things she said to me

"She will need a thigh cuff to go around her arm":growlmad:
"do midwives have trouble getting veins? I think it will be lucky if I do"

To be honest, there are a good few things, but it is upsetting me so much.

I have never felt more uncomfortable, and the way she looked at me was like I disgusted her :cry:

My BP was 122/86 but I think it was only that because I was so upset and angry. And I will hopefully hear nothing from them till my 32 week appointment, in the way of no news is good news.

I took this picture yesterday, and thought I wasn't looking to bad, but now I look at myself and just want to cry. Forgive the wet glass look, I forgot to dry it afterwards lol.

I hope your all keeping well xxx

How rude of her!! No advice hun but i hope your ok xx :hugs: xx

Ps. I was measuring 5weeks ahead from 25weeks x

Thanks very much for your supportive replies ladies :hugs: very much appreciated. And for the comment about the picture to, I was starting to feel good about myself, I feel so knocked down now, but I will try and rise above it and not let her get to me anymore

I hope your all OK, and thanks again xxx :hugs:

(i giggled at the comment about the thigh cuff being used on her :lol: )

Just wondered if anyone knows why this thread was moved?

:hugs: to all - I have been a silent stalker.

Just wondered if anyone knows why this thread was moved?

:hugs: to all - I have been a silent stalker.

I think big betty asked for it to be moved to a more general area because we arnt all pregnant anymore x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->