Any big momma's out there?

Oooo then can i join? Im 5ft 1 and size 18/20 x

Sure hun - welcome to the big momma's club - or as one of our ladies once called it "the sturdy birds club" :haha:

How was your pregnancy and birth experience?

Pregnancy was normal, usual morning sickness etc all went smoothly until 34.3weeks when my waters broke - no reason, anyway the midwife i went to was one that i didnt get along with and she refused to check them and just fobbed me off saying it was pee, went back twice more and it was the same midwife and she still refused to check! But Harrison managed to hang on in there for two weeks and i had him at 36.3weeks - just gas and air, 3cm to 10cm in 2hours but 50mins pushing which was my fault due to the way i was led. X

Well we're all moved in and surrounded by boxes, hopefully we'll be unpacked by the time the baby gets here ;)

Had my booking in last week and the midwife was lovely, she didn't mention my size but when I did she said they run a clinic for women with a BMI over 40 at the hospital so I guess I'll have to go there! She didn't say what it involved though. Scan is on the 4th which doesn't seem so far away anymore, exciting!

Hope you're all well x

Well we're all moved in and surrounded by boxes, hopefully we'll be unpacked by the time the baby gets here ;)

Had my booking in last week and the midwife was lovely, she didn't mention my size but when I did she said they run a clinic for women with a BMI over 40 at the hospital so I guess I'll have to go there! She didn't say what it involved though. Scan is on the 4th which doesn't seem so far away anymore, exciting!

Hope you're all well x

Are you under consultant care? It's standard for those of us who are above a certain weight/bmi. Perhaps thats what she meant? I had to go up to the hospital but it's not really much different to a normal midwife appointment. They should book you in for a gtt to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes and you should get an appointment to see an anaesthatist to discuss pain relief options. They will keep an eye on how baby is growing and you might have one or more growth scans depending on how things are going.

Pregnancy was normal, usual morning sickness etc all went smoothly until 34.3weeks when my waters broke - no reason, anyway the midwife i went to was one that i didnt get along with and she refused to check them and just fobbed me off saying it was pee, went back twice more and it was the same midwife and she still refused to check! But Harrison managed to hang on in there for two weeks and i had him at 36.3weeks - just gas and air, 3cm to 10cm in 2hours but 50mins pushing which was my fault due to the way i was led. X

Thats absolutely shocking! You could have got an infection or anything! Some people are just so far up their own arses - it makes me so mad to hear stories like that.

I'm glad everything turned out well for you though love xxx

Thats absolutely shocking! You could have got an infection or anything! Some people are just so far up their own arses - it makes me so mad to hear stories like that.

I'm glad everything turned out well for you though love xxx

I did end up with a water infection, i think it was a water infection? I cant remember! But they didnt even tell me that until Harrison was 2weeks old! Then i got given antibiotics! X

Harrison looks so adorbale in that santa outfit!!! How long did it take you to settle into some sort of routine? We are struggling to get Francesca to go back to sleep after her early morning feed at the moment. She woke at 3am this morning and didn't drop off until 5.30am!! We are trying to get her to be a bit more awake and active during the day but if she falls asleep there isn't much we can do!

Are you under consultant care? It's standard for those of us who are above a certain weight/bmi. Perhaps thats what she meant? I had to go up to the hospital but it's not really much different to a normal midwife appointment. They should book you in for a gtt to make sure you don't have gestational diabetes and you should get an appointment to see an anaesthatist to discuss pain relief options. They will keep an eye on how baby is growing and you might have one or more growth scans depending on how things are going.

I assume I will be, she didn't weigh me or anything, apparently they do that at my hospital scan appointment and that's when they draw up my care plan so I'll find out more then but it's probably just as you say!

Harrison looks so adorbale in that santa outfit!!! How long did it take you to settle into some sort of routine? We are struggling to get Francesca to go back to sleep after her early morning feed at the moment. She woke at 3am this morning and didn't drop off until 5.30am!! We are trying to get her to be a bit more awake and active during the day but if she falls asleep there isn't much we can do!

Thankyou :)
Harrison was an extremly lazy baby when he was born, wouldnt even wake for feeds! So he was pretty easy to 'mould' into some kind of routine. But to be fair he doesnt have proper routine im pretty much baby led, he feeds every 3hours and sleeps after hes been awake for 2hours. I think he feeds every 3hours because that what we were doing when he was born because he wouldnt cry for food.
Re the night wakefulness: keep the room dark and quiet, dont change nappy unless its poo, dont talk - to baby or partner.
Keep days bright, busy, noisy. When she is asleep dont tip toe around. If she wants to sleep let her, with most babies sleep breeds sleep, especially at your LOs age.
X

Hello ladies!! Just thought I'd come and say hiya! I think I belong nicely in here :haha:

Hello ladies!! Just thought I'd come and say hiya! I think I belong nicely in here :haha:

Hello there! Holly is such a little cutie!!!

How was your pregnancy and birth???

Ah, thank you, Francesca is a cutie too!!

My pregnancy went well, almost perfect! But the birth was another story!! ended up with induction at term +13 followed by an emergency c section at term +15, with an infection to boot. But all worth it in the end!!

Oh no that must have been pretty scary!

I was induced at term +12 but had no problems thankfully apart from 2nd degree tears both up and down - but they are healing quite nicely now thank goodness!

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone =)

I'm 5ft 4, and I weigh 14st 4 at the moment, 10 weeks pregnant. I've joined Slimming World to do whilst pregnant, to minimise any extra weight increase during pregnancy. It also means I have to eat healthily, with is a bonus for both me and beanie =) I also suffer from M.E & Fibromyalgia, so trying to keep the weight off is really difficult, especially now I'm pregnant too!

Hello ladies! I totally fit in here. I'm nearly 11 weeks with my first and I'm 5'2" and 247 lbs. Everything so far looks healthy and normal so I'm totally excited!

Hello all you Big Mommas!!

Just to let you know, I had a little girl last Saturday :cloud9:
She was 6lbs 12oz, and she's called Linzie Sharon Moore.

If you wanna have a look at my birth story, click [here] :thumbup:

Welcome everyone!
Congratulations Heulyn!! She's beautiful! :hugs:

I'm 27 wks tomorrow and starting to really show now. I'll have to try to take a pic and share soon!

Awww :cloud9: she is just beautiful!! congratulations :D xx

Congratulations! I dilated quickly too, 3cm to 10 in 2hours! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"