Any big momma's out there?

bathbabe - I was crap at remembering to take the pill too lol. That's why I found it a blessing when I went on the depo injection and only had to pop to see the nurse every 3 months lol. I've gone back on it now cos it worked so well for me before, I had no periods for 4.5years - saved a fortune not having to buy pads lmao!

DH and I haven't dtd since before Fran was born - I have to admit I'm a bit scared because of all the stitches I had with tearing both up and down. I haven't even had the courage to look down there with a mirror to see what's going on. I know it's not the prettiest thing to look at anyway but I just think it might look a bit mangled or disfigured now lol.

I was on the depo, i put weight on and it took me 7months to get my period back then 2 to concieve, too long of a wait for me! Lol.

When you say you tore up and down, how did you find the tear up? (Painful obviously, but more than the tear down?)
When in labour with harrison and i was pushing i felt like i was going to tear at the top (ended up with a graze) but the ONLY thing im worried about when having another baby is that i will tear upwards. Harrison was only 5lb 12oz, head 32cm (i think) i just dont know if id be able to get a full termer out! Especially without tearing upwards!
X

You hear of people taring with 6lb babys but then go on to have 9lb babys fine, its more to do with how you are coached through it and give yourself time to streach down there.

bathbabe - I was crap at remembering to take the pill too lol. That's why I found it a blessing when I went on the depo injection and only had to pop to see the nurse every 3 months lol. I've gone back on it now cos it worked so well for me before, I had no periods for 4.5years - saved a fortune not having to buy pads lmao!

DH and I haven't dtd since before Fran was born - I have to admit I'm a bit scared because of all the stitches I had with tearing both up and down. I haven't even had the courage to look down there with a mirror to see what's going on. I know it's not the prettiest thing to look at anyway but I just think it might look a bit mangled or disfigured now lol.

I was on the depo, i put weight on and it took me 7months to get my period back then 2 to concieve, too long of a wait for me! Lol.

When you say you tore up and down, how did you find the tear up? (Painful obviously, but more than the tear down?)
When in labour with harrison and i was pushing i felt like i was going to tear at the top (ended up with a graze) but the ONLY thing im worried about when having another baby is that i will tear upwards. Harrison was only 5lb 12oz, head 32cm (i think) i just dont know if id be able to get a full termer out! Especially without tearing upwards!
X

It was most definitely the worst part of my labour, I felt it happen and Fran's head still wasn't out so had to continue pushing too.

The only reason it happened was because she decided to send an arm out with her head (I keep having mental images of her coming out superman-styleee lol)!!!!

Yes it hurt and was extremely sore, but it wasn't completely unbearable - I just gritted my teeth and continued pushing as hard as I could. It's amazing what you do when you have to lol.

As for the depo, it took me just over a month to get my period back and 6 to get pregnant after we started ttc - the opposite of you lol!

Ouch ouch ouch.... I feel for u ladies. My LO was 8 lbs 8 oz, with a very big cranium (don't recall the measurement) I was induced at 38 wks because of low amniotic fluid (he was almost dry in there, but not in distress... Has anyone else ran out of amniotic fluid a bit early ?) anyway, I was pushing for 3 hours, no episiotomy and somehow I didn't tear. My ob was actually completely surprised, so was I.

The idea of tearing with my # 2 terrifies me still, that sounds like some major pain down there >.<

I was on the verge of a 3rd degree tear (i was less that a finger width away from a 3rd degree) and i tore badly inside and out lol.
Macie was 7lb 2oz born haha. and was extremely skinny. She was born ontime (well 2 days early) and i done it on Gas and Air... They think i ripped because i progressed through the labour extremely quickly! My first contraction was at 00.52. Went to hospital at 7am and was 4 cm dilated. Had Macie at 12.49pm.... pretty quick for a first hehe. xx

i was less than a finger width away from a 3rd degree tear and Macie was only 7lb 2 oz born and was very slim... i tore inside and out. They think i tore because my labour progressed pretty quickly for a first timer!
my first contraction was at 00.52 - went to hospital at 7 and was 4 cm dilated and had Macie at 12.49pm. Done it on just Gas and Air too hehe. xx

Sorry for the double post.... my computer crashed and said it hadn't saved the first one so had to type it again haha. xx

My labour was quick too so I don't think that helped. My waters were broken by the midwife at 9pm, I had the drip put in an hour later and my first contraction was around 1.30am - Fran arrived at 8.26am!!! I went from 5cm to fully dialated in less than an hour!!!

I had one shot of pethedine fairly early on but did the rest on gas and air - I wouldn't bother with pethedine again as I don't think it really did anything lol.

I had my first contraction at 1:20 am and harrison was born at 11:56am. So 10.5hours total. I went from 3cm to 10 in less than 2hours but took me 50mins to push him out.
Iv heard bigger babies are easier to push out? Because their weight helps things along?

ETA: i only had gas and air too x

Hiya ladies

I have had so much bother with my glucose tolerance test :dohh: I got a letter through the post on Saturday saying that my fasting blood sugar was 5.8 and after sugar drink and 2 hours it was 4.8!! lol, and I have pregnancy diabetes.

The diabetes nurse phoned me about my results yesterday and said she was confused by them :lol: but I was very upset at that appointment, and she thinks it may have lowered my blood sugar. She told me it is nothing to worry about at the moment though, but she would like to have me monitor my blood sugars, and she wants to book a re test for me also, because I've had 9lb & 10lb babies.

Got the appointment to see her today (1:30pm), and to get my monitoring kit for my blood sugar, I hope it turns out I don't have diabetes.

31 weeks and 1 day, this pregnancy is flying by.

I hope your all keeping well, and I read something about bigger babies being easier to birth, well I can say that it is true in regards to my 9 & 10lb babies, they were out in a couple pushes xx

Hiya ladies

I have had so much bother with my glucose tolerance test :dohh: I got a letter through the post on Saturday saying that my fasting blood sugar was 5.8 and after sugar drink and 2 hours it was 4.8!! lol, and I have pregnancy diabetes.

The diabetes nurse phoned me about my results yesterday and said she was confused by them :lol: but I was very upset at that appointment, and she thinks it may have lowered my blood sugar. She told me it is nothing to worry about at the moment though, but she would like to have me monitor my blood sugars, and she wants to book a re test for me also, because I've had 9lb & 10lb babies.

Got the appointment to see her today (1:30pm), and to get my monitoring kit for my blood sugar, I hope it turns out I don't have diabetes.

I hope your all keeping well, and I read something about bigger babies being easier to birth, well I can say that it is true in regards to my 9 & 10lb babies, they were out in a couple pushes xx

I hope everything alright. I had to have testing too but thankfully all was ok. X

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I've got a tmi question, lol!! How much discharge did you ladies have whilst pregnant, and what colour was it?!

I have had LOADS ever since I got my BFP, and it is a variety of colours: cream, grey, yellow, brown and red.

I have had the brown and red over the last few days and went to the Early Pregnancy Clinic yesterday - had a scan and all is perfect with baby :D Saw a good heartbeat and baby was waving it's little arms around, it was amazing :D

They aren't entirely sure why I'm spotting, but don't think its anything to worry about as long as it doesn't get heavy and as long as I have no pain.

Just wondered what experiences others have had?

Thanks xxx

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I've got a tmi question, lol!! How much discharge did you ladies have whilst pregnant, and what colour was it?!

I have had LOADS ever since I got my BFP, and it is a variety of colours: cream, grey, yellow, brown and red.

I have had the brown and red over the last few days and went to the Early Pregnancy Clinic yesterday - had a scan and all is perfect with baby :D Saw a good heartbeat and baby was waving it's little arms around, it was amazing :D

They aren't entirely sure why I'm spotting, but don't think its anything to worry about as long as it doesn't get heavy and as long as I have no pain.

Just wondered what experiences others have had?

Thanks xxx

Hi Lara :hi: I have had a lot of discharge but it has all been clear. Except when I got a yeast infection, it got kind of creamy. I'm glad you got to see LO and everything is ok though.

Hi Lara, I too had lots of different discharge. I got brown stuff around the 10wk mark too but it didn't last long. Glad to hear everything looked ok on your scan xx

Hiya ladies

Hey love - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok for you :hugs:

Hiya ladies

HI Lainey

I am 35 weeks pregnant and I have had THREE GTT done, all with good results. I think because they see "obese" they immediately assume "doesn't eat healthy and has high risk of diabetes" so they make us take the test over and over! The OB at the hospital said he was surprised all 3 of my tests came back normal - I said, "What, do you expect me to eat wrongly because of my size?".. He didn't have much to say about that. I wouldn't worry about the results so much, as long as baby is sound and safe and you are feeling good and there is no risk of pre-eclampsia then enjoy your pregnancy!!

Currently my baby is weighing 2.6kg at last U/S done 14th march. They said if baby gets to 4.5kgs that they want to do a C-sect. I don't think so. If my body can handle it, I want to try doing it au naturale! I think it's crap how they turn to C-sections so quickly! And expect us not to have an opinion about it :/

I do have a question though: I am 35 weeks pregs and HAVE NOT HAD ONE BRAXTON HICKS CONTRACTION!!! :nope:
Is this normal?????????????

i havent had any BH yet, and never had a single one (that i knew of) threwout my twin pregnancy either which got to 34 weeks.
i wouldnt even have A CLUE what they feel like :haha:

Hiya ladies

HI Lainey

I am 35 weeks pregnant and I have had THREE GTT done, all with good results. I think because they see "obese" they immediately assume "doesn't eat healthy and has high risk of diabetes" so they make us take the test over and over! The OB at the hospital said he was surprised all 3 of my tests came back normal - I said, "What, do you expect me to eat wrongly because of my size?".. He didn't have much to say about that. I wouldn't worry about the results so much, as long as baby is sound and safe and you are feeling good and there is no risk of pre-eclampsia then enjoy your pregnancy!!

Currently my baby is weighing 2.6kg at last U/S done 14th march. They said if baby gets to 4.5kgs that they want to do a C-sect. I don't think so. If my body can handle it, I want to try doing it au naturale! I think it's crap how they turn to C-sections so quickly! And expect us not to have an opinion about it :/

I do have a question though: I am 35 weeks pregs and HAVE NOT HAD ONE BRAXTON HICKS CONTRACTION!!! :nope:
Is this normal?????????????

I didnt have any braxton hicks. Which was why it took me so long (7hours out of a 10.5hour labour) to realise it actually was labour. I even made OH some lunch for work at 3 in the morning :dohh: tbf tho the midwives didnt realise i was in labour till she checked me and i was 3cm x

OH phew - I'm glad it's not just me then!

I have sooo much to do that I haven't done yet;
Clean the car
Wash all the baby clothes
Fit the car seat
Pack hospital bags
Pickup nursery items from Layby!
Plan meals for the first week when bubs is here
etc etc etc

And I'm still working for the next 3 weeks because we can't afford me not to!

My friend made me a beautiful cake made of nappies and assorted baby goods for my Shower, was sooo pretty, I'll try and post it on here when I figure out how to!
ohhh what I can't upload from my PC?? bother >.<:growlmad:

I never had any BH ether.

Growth scans can be sooooo wrong. I was told at 33 weeks she was 2.50 kg but she was born at 35 weeks weighing 4.05. No way she gained that much in 2 weeks!

I didn't get any braxton hicks until the last week or so and even then they were pretty mild.

missjacky - Click "go advanced" and above the text box should be an attachment (paperclip) icon - click on that and then you can upload pics from your pc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->