Any big momma's out there?

Can't remember if I updated, daisy mia was born on the 21st at 10.51. She's 6lb 4 and tiny. We are bf and its going well so far... I've been very up n down but I'm gettin there.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! :happydance:

For all the ladies, I read in a study that c-section rates are on the rise because more of us ladies are overweight. :wacko: I've been watching "One Born Every Minute" and a lot of ladies that are bigger are still being able to give birth naturally... Has anyone else heard this? I'm afraid that because I'm a big mommy that I won't be able to deliver vaginally. Just wondering if anyone has any comments/thoughts on this?

x :flower:

I am very obese, and had 3 vaginal births, and hoping for the same again.
My babies have weighed 9lb 4oz 10lb 9oz & 9lb 9oz and all been fine popping out :) xx

Yer we are all prepared thankfully just waiting for eviction lol
Sleep is an mission but can't wait to be awake with a ickle baby. :)
I'm an complete emotional reck thou lol.
Lots of love to all you yummy mummys and yummy mummies to be
Sarah

wannabemumma - Aw it's sooo close now - are you all prepared?

InsaneKumquat - Sounds like you had a good night too, I love entertaining at home. It must be very difficult not to say anything - how long have you got left to wait?

Mustang - It was lovely to have time just the two of us but it really felt like I had left part of me behind and I was so happy to get home and give her a massive hug :)

Lara - Good luck for Tues, please let us know how you get on. We love Thai food too, not had it since a few weeks before Fran arrived!

I can't believe the weekend is over already! I'm taking Fran to Nottingham tommorrow and we are meeting up with my Mum and Dad for a bit of a shopping trip. Tuesday is bounce and rhyme at the library, Weds I'm meeting up with a lass from netmums I've been chatting to - we are having a trip to the flicks without kids or partners lol. Fran has got her 8wk check-up and first jabs on Thursday!! It's also the day I meet up with MIL so it will be good to have some support as I'm sure I will be a blubbering wreck lol. And Friday we go to a first-time mums group at the clinic so will get her weighed and measured again I think!!!!

Who says being a SAHM has to be boring?????? :haha:

Oh and I might find time to do some housework but then again I might not :rofl:

Oh Steph she is just adorable!

we can't wait - I gave birth vaginally with just gas and air (oh and one shot of pethedine early on, but that didn't really do anything lol). It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting! My consultant and midwife never even discussed the option of a c-section with me, although I had to see an anaesthatist to make sure they could give me an epidural or knock me out if I needed one in an emergency. There is too much scare-mongering about bigger ladies and pregnancy, we seem to be an easy target.

Oh Steph she is just adorable!

we can't wait - I gave birth vaginally with just gas and air (oh and one shot of pethedine early on, but that didn't really do anything lol). It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting! My consultant and midwife never even discussed the option of a c-section with me, although I had to see an anaesthatist to make sure they could give me an epidural or knock me out if I needed one in an emergency. There is too much scare-mongering about bigger ladies and pregnancy, we seem to be an easy target.

Snap!
I think generally it depends on the hospital, for example, i had the choice of 2hospitals, one had a rate of 1:5 for c sections the other 1:4, i chose the hosptal with 1:4 because they are actually known to support you, where as the other hosptal is known for just leaving you and forgetting your there (i know 2 people that have sued this hosptal for negligence, one they let push for 52 hours! yes hours! The poor baby has brain damage) id rather the higher risk for c section than be ignored.
I dont know if that actually makes sence? Iv been up all night with harrison and my friend (who had her baby at 30weeks, he died at 6days old :cry: )
Im rambling! X

I think generally it depends on the hospital, for example, i had the choice of 2hospitals, one had a rate of 1:5 for c sections the other 1:4, i chose the hosptal with 1:4 because they are actually known to support you, where as the other hosptal is known for just leaving you and forgetting your there (i know 2 people that have sued this hosptal for negligence, one they let push for 52 hours! yes hours! The poor baby has brain damage) id rather the higher risk for c section than be ignored.
I dont know if that actually makes sence? Iv been up all night with harrison and my friend (who had her baby at 30weeks, he died at 6days old :cry: )
Im rambling! X

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me. :thumbup: There are only two hospitals in my area... but I hadn't really thought about looking into the statistics from each. I definitely will now! One of the hospitals is fairly new (opened in the last year)... So I was a little nervous about going somewhere I've never been.
Oh my goodness! That's awful! :cry: Thoughts are with you and your friend! x

Thanks for your reply :hugs:

I think the c-section rates are being blamed on people being bigger when infact its because they routeinly send women with a high BMI to see the anastesiologist (sp?) who tell them they need an epidural because of being big so they get one in labour so there stuck on the bed which can lead to a section.

I think the c-section rates are being blamed on people being bigger when infact its because they routeinly send women with a high BMI to see the anastesiologist (sp?) who tell them they need an epidural because of being big so they get one in labour so there stuck on the bed which can lead to a section.

Yeah they create the statistics by putting all big women in the same pot rather than treating us as individuals!

I'm really lucky in that when I went to see the anaesthatist she was happy that she could get a needle in my back or a tube down my throat if I needed an emergency c-section and told me she wanted me to have as active a birth as possible!! It's just a shame that not all health professionals think the same way.

Hi Ladies, how are we all today??

Fran had her first jabs yesterday! She cried from the shock but stopped as soon as I put her bottle in her mouth and soon went to sleep. She was a bit off colour for the rest of the day - slept loads and was extremely grisly. She woke up and started crying at one point, she was so distressed as if she was in pain. I managed to rock her back to sleep though.

This morning she is back to her normal self thank goodness. All the sleep must have done her the world of good :)

Fran had her first jabs yesterday! She cried from the shock but stopped as soon as I put her bottle in her mouth and soon went to sleep. She was a bit off colour for the rest of the day - slept loads and was extremely grisly. She woke up and started crying at one point, she was so distressed as if she was in pain. I managed to rock her back to sleep though.

This morning she is back to her normal self thank goodness. All the sleep must have done her the world of good :)

She sounds like a tough little cookie! But how did you handle it? LOL

So daisy is 2 weeks old on Monday. She's now 6lb 6oz too. Still breastfeeding and its going great. Oh and I weighed myself........ 35lb less than day of bfp... how's everyone?

So daisy is 2 weeks old on Monday. She's now 6lb 6oz too. Still breastfeeding and its going great. Oh and I weighed myself........ 35lb less than day of bfp... how's everyone?

wow! at the weight loss, well done! :thumbup: and wonderful to hear your still breastfeeding, it is something I've always struggled with.

I am fine, I got a scan on Thursday of our beautiful little one, she is only measuring just over the week ahead, and my blood sugars are being controlled well through diet to :D :happydance:

Here is a wee piccy of my beautiful girls face :D Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a wonderful mothers day tomorrow to!! :D especially the new mums :flower: xx

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4

She sounds like a tough little cookie! But how did you handle it? LOL

Not as bad as I expected actually lol. I was so focused on settling her that I didn't have time to get upset myself!!

Aw sounds like Daisy is doing really well! And congratulations on the weight loss - it feels great doesn't it???

Lainey - thanks for sharing the pic, it's lovely and clear! She has got a cute little nose :)

Sounds like she did beautifully! How did you manage?

Sounds like Daisy is doing well, that's great! Hooray on the weight loss, well done stephwiggy! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->