Any big momma's out there?

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the replies to my tmi question, lol :) Good luck to those ladies waiting on imminent labour :)

Hope everyone else is doing well? I've had a total rollercoaster the last couple of days. After seeing our little baby waving around on the scan on Monday, I had a heavy bleed last night with a couple of clots Needless to say I was a wreck! DH was great and calmed me down etc, but I was so sure I was losing my little one.

We went straight to the Early Pregnancy Clinic this morning and had a scan, and there was baby - completely oblivious and wriggling around with a lovely little heartbeat I don't think I've ever felt so relieved!!!

So they did a few more checks to find the cause of the bleed and found I have an Ectropian Cervix. This means that some of the cells that are supposed to grow on the inside of my cervix are growing on the outside, meaning it leaves a raw area that is easily irritated and prone to bleeding. I did have this when I was in my late teens, but it settled itself - now it seems pregnancy has exacerbated it.

It is apparently totally harmless and poses no risk to baby, but means I will probably be prone to bleeds. Which is a pain, but at least I know that it is nothing to worry about anyway!!

Phew!!

They also got a more accurate measurement and put me at 10+3, so my EDD is now 17th of October. Although I still have my officail datinf scan in a couple of weeks

Oh Lara that must be a huge weight off your mind!!! I'm so glad your LO is ok :hugs:

Oh Lara I had a similar scare of bleeding when I had thrush, I've never had thrush in my life until this pregnancy, and I guess because I'd scratched at it with the toilet paper it caused it to bleed, I was the same, straight to ED where they reassured me everything was ok and nothing to worry about :)

I'ma try upload this pic now:
That's me behind the cake and my friend to the left :)

Attachments

• 200181_10150435927660492_606120491_18054185_1510658_n.jpg
    200181_10150435927660492_606120491_18054185_1510658_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi Ladies - how are we all today? Hope you are enjoying your weekends xx

DH and I went out on our own for the first time last night! His sisters and our niece came over and to babysit - they didn't need much pursuading lol.

We went to the cinema then for a lovely Thai meal afterwards - we were out for 4.5hrs and tbh it went really quickly!!!

What has everyone else been up to lately?

Lara - how are you now sweetie? Hope everything has settled down.

missjacky - that is a beautiful nappy cake! Have you managed to get any of the things on your listed sorted?

InsaneKumquat - I have to say I love your nickname lol! How are you love?

:hugs: all round xxxx

Hiya aww glad you had a lovely night and well deserved night out.

I'm very well plodding on nicely only 2 weeks to go whooo lol

DH and I went out on our own for the first time last night! His sisters and our niece came over and to babysit - they didn't need much pursuading lol.

We went to the cinema then for a lovely Thai meal afterwards - we were out for 4.5hrs and tbh it went really quickly!!!

missjacky - that is a beautiful nappy cake! Have you managed to get any of the things on your listed sorted?

Hi BB!

I'm feeling rather good overall :) I had a bunch of friends in last night, we played board games and ordered pizza. Was a really great evening! Out of the 7 that came, only 3 know I'm expecting as we're trying to keep it quietish until the end of the 3rd tri which is the end of April. So hard to do though!

I'm glad to hear you had such a nice first night out! :hugs:

Sounds like a great night Betty! Were you eager to get home to your little girl or was it nice being out and away?

Thanks Betty, I'm still spotting but now I know baby is ok I'm pretty relaxed about it. Seeing my midwife on Tuesday so can talk it all through with her then :)

Glad you had a nice evening out - we had Thai food yesterday, yummy :)

wannabemumma - Aw it's sooo close now - are you all prepared?

InsaneKumquat - Sounds like you had a good night too, I love entertaining at home. It must be very difficult not to say anything - how long have you got left to wait?

Mustang - It was lovely to have time just the two of us but it really felt like I had left part of me behind and I was so happy to get home and give her a massive hug :)

Lara - Good luck for Tues, please let us know how you get on. We love Thai food too, not had it since a few weeks before Fran arrived!

I can't believe the weekend is over already! I'm taking Fran to Nottingham tommorrow and we are meeting up with my Mum and Dad for a bit of a shopping trip. Tuesday is bounce and rhyme at the library, Weds I'm meeting up with a lass from netmums I've been chatting to - we are having a trip to the flicks without kids or partners lol. Fran has got her 8wk check-up and first jabs on Thursday!! It's also the day I meet up with MIL so it will be good to have some support as I'm sure I will be a blubbering wreck lol. And Friday we go to a first-time mums group at the clinic so will get her weighed and measured again I think!!!!

Who says being a SAHM has to be boring?????? :haha:

Oh and I might find time to do some housework but then again I might not :rofl:

Awww :hugs: those jabs are awful :( I remember crying the first time each of my girls got their first ones, but I know it is for their benefit, and would much rather they got them. I hope you'll be OK, and that your little lass is fine after getting them x

I've got the MW on Tues also the dietitian, then a scan on Thursday, to check that my little lass is not to big. The diabetes nurse wasn't happy with all my blood sugar readings (some were ok though) so it is the reason for the scan, I've also got another appointment after the scan.....phew! lol, even typing that is making me knackered lol.

The housework for me slowly goes out the window (well not as such lol, but I don't hold as high a standard as I used to lol :dohh: ) so it gets done, as well as possible, but often loads of stops and cuddles and play time with the girls in between times lol

Hope your all well and have had a good weekend :) xx

Hi Betty!

It was a ton of fun! My husband is out of country on business right now which means the house gets a bit lonely without him. We are trying to keep the news hush hush until around the 16th of April, which is my sister in law's birthday party. We'll be marking the card/gift as TO: Auntie Cassie and see if she notices right off :winkwink:

wannabemumma - Aw it's sooo close now - are you all prepared?

InsaneKumquat - Sounds like you had a good night too, I love entertaining at home. It must be very difficult not to say anything - how long have you got left to wait?

Mustang - It was lovely to have time just the two of us but it really felt like I had left part of me behind and I was so happy to get home and give her a massive hug :)

Lara - Good luck for Tues, please let us know how you get on. We love Thai food too, not had it since a few weeks before Fran arrived!

I can't believe the weekend is over already! I'm taking Fran to Nottingham tommorrow and we are meeting up with my Mum and Dad for a bit of a shopping trip. Tuesday is bounce and rhyme at the library, Weds I'm meeting up with a lass from netmums I've been chatting to - we are having a trip to the flicks without kids or partners lol. Fran has got her 8wk check-up and first jabs on Thursday!! It's also the day I meet up with MIL so it will be good to have some support as I'm sure I will be a blubbering wreck lol. And Friday we go to a first-time mums group at the clinic so will get her weighed and measured again I think!!!!

Who says being a SAHM has to be boring?????? :haha:

Oh and I might find time to do some housework but then again I might not :rofl:

Can't remember if I updated, daisy mia was born on the 21st at 10.51. She's 6lb 4 and tiny. We are bf and its going well so far... I've been very up n down but I'm gettin there.

Congratulations stephwiggy!

I can't believe Francesca is 2 months old already!

All good here, waiting impatiently for something interesting to happen pregnancy wise as aside from the tiredness I'm feeling completely normal now! My 20 week scan isn't for another 6 weeks due to the bank holidays so it will be at 21+6 - I have a horrible cold and I'm feeling a bit fed up generally. Hopefully the next few weeks will go quicker! :)

Aw Steph congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see some pics. I love the name Daisy Mia xxx

Folly - glad to hear things are going well for you and I hope you feel better soon. It really sucks being poorly when you are pregnant doesn't it???

InsaneKumquat - that sounds like a fab idea! When DH and I told his family we told them to close their eyes and then put the test in their hands (lid on of course lol!!!). When we told our best friends I was a bit sneaky. They had been hinting for ages that they had stairgates taking up much needed space in their shed. So I casually said "Mand, I need to ask you a favour - I'm going to need those stairgates off you". Well as it dawned on her what I was saying, she got sooo excited I thought she was going to hyperventilate lol!!!

Lainey - sounds like you have a busy few days ahead of you!!! It sometimes seems like all the appointments come at once doesn't it??

Hi BB!

That is how I'd like to tell my mom and step-dad. It's been very hard not telling them so far.. Wonderful how you told your friends! I will have to keep that in mind for the rest of the bunch when we do an announcement to the world other than close family.

Hoping you and yours are doing well :hugs:

InsaneKumquat - that sounds like a fab idea! When DH and I told his family we told them to close their eyes and then put the test in their hands (lid on of course lol!!!). When we told our best friends I was a bit sneaky. They had been hinting for ages that they had stairgates taking up much needed space in their shed. So I casually said "Mand, I need to ask you a favour - I'm going to need those stairgates off you". Well as it dawned on her what I was saying, she got sooo excited I thought she was going to hyperventilate lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->