Any big momma's out there?

So daisy is 2 weeks old on Monday. She's now 6lb 6oz too. Still breastfeeding and its going great. Oh and I weighed myself........ 35lb less than day of bfp... how's everyone?

wow! at the weight loss, well done! :thumbup: and wonderful to hear your still breastfeeding, it is something I've always struggled with.

I am fine, I got a scan on Thursday of our beautiful little one, she is only measuring just over the week ahead, and my blood sugars are being controlled well through diet to :D :happydance:

Here is a wee piccy of my beautiful girls face :D Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a wonderful mothers day tomorrow to!! :D especially the new mums :flower: xx

Great to hear things are going well ladyred! Thankfully your blood sugars are responding to diet alone, that's great :) And the picture of your LO is lovely, y'all must be so excited to meet her :flower:

Hi Ladies, how are we all today??

Fran had her first jabs yesterday! She cried from the shock but stopped as soon as I put her bottle in her mouth and soon went to sleep. She was a bit off colour for the rest of the day - slept loads and was extremely grisly. She woke up and started crying at one point, she was so distressed as if she was in pain. I managed to rock her back to sleep though.

This morning she is back to her normal self thank goodness. All the sleep must have done her the world of good :)

Sounds like she did beautifully! How did you manage?

Not as badly as I expected actually lol - I didn't cry or anything!!!

Hey ladies how is everyone doing? I just wanted to update that I had my little girl 9 weeks early. Here is my crazy story

Up until this past week I had a great pregnancy with very little complications.
Last week my feet started to swell and one of my hands started going numb but the doctor said that the swollen feet were normal and the hand was pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. This past Monday when i got home from work I started having upper abdominal pain and knew something wasnt right. I knew i wasnt in labor but the pains hurt pretty bad and after a couple of hours didnt go away I decided to go to the hospital to get it checked. I got here and they did a urine sample and said that my urine was full of protein which took me by suprise considering that the week prior i had a doctors appt and there were no traces of protein at that time. They also did lab work and found some stuf that they labeled "out of whack" so they admitted me into the hospital and said we would wait on the doctor to come in the following morning to see what was going on. The following morning I was woke up by a nurse saying that an ultrasound tech was there to do an ultrasound so she got started on that after the ultrasound was over 5 doctors came in and said we are going to have to do an emergancy c section to get this baby out now. WAIT WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY my mind goes into panic thinking something is wrong with the baby when something was really wrong with me. They started prepping me for surgery and within an hour I had a 3.5lb baby girl in front of me, the doctors wisk her off and take her to the nicu along with my husband and get me put back together but instead of going to postpardom i went straight to ICU. Once in ICU the doctors came in and told me the severity of what was going on. I had developed a syndrome called Hellp syndrome. My kidneys and liver were already shutting down and my red blood cells were destroying each other. My family was told that I was in serious risk of dying and the only thing to do was wait. I spent 2 days in ICU and finally all of my levels went back to normal with the exception of my blood pressure (which they are still not able to control) the doctors have said it could take months to get it back to where it was at before. I finally got to see my baby girl on Thursday evening. She is breathing on her own and doing very well but we have a long road ahead. Im still in the hospital until they can get my BP under control. Sorry the story is all over the place its taken me 5 times to type it out. I will update more as soon as I can and add more pictures. Hope everyone is doing ok

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 9
  • NSM_2262.jpg
    NSM_2262.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 9
  • NSM_2264.jpg
    NSM_2264.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
Hey ladies how is everyone doing? I just wanted to update that I had my little girl 9 weeks early. Here is my crazy story

Last week my feet started to swell and one of my hands started going numb but the doctor said that the swollen feet were normal and the hand was pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. This past Monday when i got home from work I started having upper abdominal pain and knew something wasnt right. I knew i wasnt in labor but the pains hurt pretty bad and after a couple of hours didnt go away I decided to go to the hospital to get it checked. I got here and they did a urine sample and said that my urine was full of protein which took me by suprise considering that the week prior i had a doctors appt and there were no traces of protein at that time. They also did lab work and found some stuf that they labeled "out of whack" so they admitted me into the hospital and said we would wait on the doctor to come in the following morning to see what was going on. The following morning I was woke up by a nurse saying that an ultrasound tech was there to do an ultrasound so she got started on that after the ultrasound was over 5 doctors came in and said we are going to have to do an emergancy c section to get this baby out now. WAIT WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY my mind goes into panic thinking something is wrong with the baby when something was really wrong with me. They started prepping me for surgery and within an hour I had a 3.5lb baby girl in front of me, the doctors wisk her off and take her to the nicu along with my husband and get me put back together but instead of going to postpardom i went straight to ICU. Once in ICU the doctors came in and told me the severity of what was going on. I had developed a syndrome called Hellp syndrome. My kidneys and liver were already shutting down and my red blood cells were destroying each other. My family was told that I was in serious risk of dying and the only thing to do was wait. I spent 2 days in ICU and finally all of my levels went back to normal with the exception of my blood pressure (which they are still not able to control) the doctors have said it could take months to get it back to where it was at before. I finally got to see my baby girl on Thursday evening. She is breathing on her own and doing very well but we have a long road ahead. Im still in the hospital until they can get my BP under control. Sorry the story is all over the place its taken me 5 times to type it out. I will update more as soon as I can and add more pictures. Hope everyone is doing ok

My goodness! that must have been so frightening not knowing why you were needing to have a c section:hugs:, but truly wonderful to hear your OK now bar the blood pressure, and your baby girl is seriously beautiful! and sounds like she is doing so well!.
Best wishes to you all, I hope it will not be much longer until your all home as a family. The pictures are just gorgeous! Well done xx

Congratulations! What a shock for you! Shes so cute! Hope your feeling better soon and you get to take you and your lovely baby home soon x

OMG! I'm so glad you are o.k. Congratulations on the birth of your baby! HELLP is so serious it's a good thing you found it in time!

I have just now found our thread again, I lost it when we moved. I have an early baby on the way as well. To my shock Tuesday night I woke up in a puddle and had to go to the hospital where I will have to stay until Ben is delivered. They gave me anitbiotics, and 2 steroid shots to develop his lungs. He is now 33 wks gestation and 4 lbs 7 oz as of the last scan. I am on bedrest and they are going to induce me on Apr 9 if he doesn't come before then. He will have to be in the NICU. So far he's doing well, looks great on the monitor, he's moving a lot. I feel fine, I'm just nervous about having a preemie and trying to finish nursing school so I can stay financially solvent! They are going to work with me to make it happen but it's a lot all at once.

OMG! I'm so glad you are o.k. Congratulations on the birth of your baby! HELLP is so serious it's a good thing you found it in time!

I have just now found our thread again, I lost it when we moved. I have an early baby on the way as well. To my shock Tuesday night I woke up in a puddle and had to go to the hospital where I will have to stay until Ben is delivered. They gave me anitbiotics, and 2 steroid shots to develop his lungs. He is now 33 wks gestation and 4 lbs 7 oz as of the last scan. I am on bedrest and they are going to induce me on Apr 9 if he doesn't come before then. He will have to be in the NICU. So far he's doing well, looks great on the monitor, he's moving a lot. I feel fine, I'm just nervous about having a preemie and trying to finish nursing school so I can stay financially solvent! They are going to work with me to make it happen but it's a lot all at once.

Good luck. I had PROM at 34weeks and he held on for 2weeks without any 'medical intervention' - stupid bitch of a midwife! X

jmiller - oh my goodness what a shock! I'm so glad the both of you are ok, I almost cried reading your story :-( Kaylee is just gorgeous and soooo tiny!!!!

Sevenladybugs - I'm glad you managed to find us again! Sorry to hear that you are having complications, I pray that everything turns out well for you love xxxxx

The only comment my midwife has made on my weight is 'we will have to make sure we use a large blood pressure cuff on you'...LOL

This is actually quite important. If they use a small cuff, you blood pressure can look artificially high- and bearing in mind doctors are so quick to go "high BMI! high risk! Intervene early!" anything that helps you give them a realistic idea of where you are is a good thing

The only comment my midwife has made on my weight is 'we will have to make sure we use a large blood pressure cuff on you'...LOL

This is actually quite important. If they use a small cuff, you blood pressure can look artificially high- and bearing in mind doctors are so quick to go "high BMI! high risk! Intervene early!" anything that helps you give them a realistic idea of where you are is a good thing

That's very true! I'm lucky though, only had to have a larger cuff once and that was in hospital waiting to be induced and the midwife told me the one she used first was unusually small lol.

Benjamin Isaac was born Apr 10th at 1:49 am after 20 hrs of labor induction with pitocin! I gave in at 1 am after 19 hrs and got an epidural when I was only 5 cm. I dilated the rest of the way in 40 min and didn't push at all, my body just pushed him out! He came out screaming and is breathing on room air. He even nursed once today! He weighed in at 4 lb 7 oz and 17.12 in. He is absolutely gorgeous!
https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x233/Becca_Anne_album/IMG_8332.jpg

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x233/Becca_Anne_album/IMG_8334.jpg

Sevenladybugs! Congratulations! What a cutie! I hope everything goes smoothly and hes home soon X

Congrats sevenladybugs - Benjamin is adorable :)

I had my dating scan today, it was amazing - baby was stretching, kicking and doing headstands, lol :)

Apparently I was having Braxton Hicks contractions during the scan, which I was completely unaware of - I didn't even know you could have them this early?!!! So they took a while getting the measurements, but dated me at 13+1 - which exactly matches my dates. So official due date is 17th October :)

I was a bit worried they wouldn't be able to see clearly cos of my fat, lol, but I just pulled my tummy up a bit and they saw baby fine - even got a really clear picture :)

Still buzzing, lol :)

sevenladybugs - Benjamin is just gorgeous - thank you for posting pics. Glad to hear he is doing so well xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->