Any big momma's out there?

Hey Lara - it's so exciting having your first scan isn't it? It's such a relief to see LO on the screen moving around and watching their little heartbeat flicker.

Hiya ladies just to let u know I gave birth to ryder (yellow bump).I was in labour on Tuesday last week starting at 6.30 my partner came home at 8.30 contractions were 5 min appart. We was in hospital by 9 and I went straight to labour ward and was 5 cm. Pain was unbearable lol had pethindine which was poo. I was cursing and swearing loads apparently lol I don't remember. Then we were moved into a hd room. Had bath and gas and air It made me feel pissed lol. By the bath I was pushin. Carl went to get mw abd then went to the bed. Ryder was delivered at 00.37 of the 6/4 @ 8.6oz. I had 2nd border line teArs but am well. He was jaundiced but well. We had a 3 day stay at hospital due to photo therapy.
Many thanks for your support
Love Ryder and sarah

Sorry for brief post just gotta feed little man

O had a 5-15 min labour lol so that was great x

Oh congratulations sweetie!!! Obviously there is no rush but I can't wait to see some pics!!!

Oh it's so exciting, I love this thread and seeing all you lovely ladies through your pregnancies and into mummyhood!!!

Benjamin Isaac was born Apr 10th at 1:49 am after 20 hrs of labor induction with pitocin! I gave in at 1 am after 19 hrs and got an epidural when I was only 5 cm. I dilated the rest of the way in 40 min and didn't push at all, my body just pushed him out! He came out screaming and is breathing on room air. He even nursed once today! He weighed in at 4 lb 7 oz and 17.12 in. He is absolutely gorgeous!
https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x233/Becca_Anne_album/IMG_8332.jpg

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x233/Becca_Anne_album/IMG_8334.jpg

Congrats on your handsome little boy!:cloud9:

Hi Ladies :wave:

So what's new with all of you???

Fran has started properly batting the hell out of the toys on the playbar that goes on her bouncy chair!! And she also like to smack the handles on her moses basket lol.

I bought her a paddling pool and a ball pool yesterday because they are on offer in Argos - I put the ball pool up today and laid her in it to have a kick around, I think she is going to love it once she is on the move!!

My mum and dad are coming over to visit on Monday - we are going to take Fran swimming for the first time, I'm sooo excited!! Well me and mum are - dad is going to stay at home with the workmen fitting my new boiler lol.

Hope you are all well xxx

Hi everyone.
I am currently waiting to try in September but have been reading this thread for a while and appreciating the info everyone gives - thank you!

I am very nervous about being pregnant. Its obviously something I am really going to be happy about but am nervous about how much hassle I will get for being overweight. My BMI is 41 at the mo but have lost 2 and a half stone as it used to be 47. I am trying to lose some more to get under 40 because it sounds like there are less interventions if it is below 40?

The other thing is that I have M.E. and have had this since I was 16 and I am now nearly 31. This has been the cause of my weight gain and has been quite upsetting when doctors and nurses say to me - have you thought about losing weight??? Even when I say I struggle to exercise they just don't know what to say to me. I have been luckcy though and I am now loads better, I keep imporving a bit year by year and have managed to finish a degree, get married to my geek and now work as a private tutor and administrator. :thumbup:

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to introduce myself, thank you for all your stories and say I hope to pop in till I start trying in Sept.

:flower:

Hi everyone.
I am currently waiting to try in September but have been reading this thread for a while and appreciating the info everyone gives - thank you!

I am very nervous about being pregnant. Its obviously something I am really going to be happy about but am nervous about how much hassle I will get for being overweight. My BMI is 41 at the mo but have lost 2 and a half stone as it used to be 47. I am trying to lose some more to get under 40 because it sounds like there are less interventions if it is below 40?

The other thing is that I have M.E. and have had this since I was 16 and I am now nearly 31. This has been the cause of my weight gain and has been quite upsetting when doctors and nurses say to me - have you thought about losing weight??? Even when I say I struggle to exercise they just don't know what to say to me. I have been luckcy though and I am now loads better, I keep imporving a bit year by year and have managed to finish a degree, get married to my geek and now work as a private tutor and administrator. :thumbup:

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to introduce myself, thank you for all your stories and say I hope to pop in till I start trying in Sept.

:flower:

Hi there, welcome to the club :flower:

Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself and well done on the weight loss xx

My bmi was 44 when I got pregnant and I can honestly say I didn't receive any negativity the whole way through. I was very lucky and actually lost weight by the time I gave birth and felt much better for it!

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Am pleased you were treated well during your pregnancy. I think you live near my area - I am in Nottingham so am hoping it will be ok in this area too.

How are you finding life with a new family member? Bet its lovely. i can't wait!

Forgot to say that I live halfway between derby and nottingham !

Hi Everyone,

Hope that all you lovely ladies are well.

It's fantastic to be reading so many birth stories.

I'm 29 weeks now, I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. I still have daily wobbles mainly my concerns are my weight I'm worried about the birth and health of my DD my BMI is 38 it was 40 at the beginning but I lost over a stone. I got weighed this morning and I've put about 2-3lbs back on.

I saw my Consultant 3 weeks ago who is very pro VBAC this has given me nightmares I think I'm too fat to have a VBAC and worried about complications and keep thinking will I then need an emergency C Section anyway.

No one like I mentioned before in my last post has made an issue about my weight throughout my pregnancy only my Consultant said that he did notice my weight gain after I brought up about my concerns. He's the same Consultant that I had with DS when my BMI was 30.

Am pleased you were treated well during your pregnancy. I think you live near my area - I am in Nottingham so am hoping it will be ok in this area too.

How are you finding life with a new family member? Bet its lovely. i can't wait!

I can't remember what life was like before she arrived, she is my entire universe now!

I live in Burton on Trent, about 20 mins from Derby xx

Hi Everyone,

I'm 29 weeks now, I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. I still have daily wobbles mainly my concerns are my weight I'm worried about the birth and health of my DD my BMI is 38 it was 40 at the beginning but I lost over a stone. I got weighed this morning and I've put about 2-3lbs back on.

I saw my Consultant 3 weeks ago who is very pro VBAC this has given me nightmares I think I'm too fat to have a VBAC and worried about complications and keep thinking will I then need an emergency C Section anyway.

No one like I mentioned before in my last post has made an issue about my weight throughout my pregnancy only my Consultant said that he did notice my weight gain after I brought up about my concerns. He's the same Consultant that I had with DS when my BMI was 30.

My bmi was 44 when I got pregnant and 37 after I gave birth - I lost 3 stone during pregnancy.

I had a completely natural labour and only had a shot of pethedine - I did the rest on gas and air. I was hooked up to a monitor but that was only because I had to be put on a drip for induction and not because of my weight.

It never occured to me that my weight would affect me giving birth naturally and my consultant wasn't worried either. I had absolutely no complications and actually found it easier than I thought it would be lol!!!

I hope that puts your mind at rest a little xxx

I can't remember what life was like before she arrived, she is my entire universe now!

I live in Burton on Trent, about 20 mins from Derby xx

Ooh not far from me at all! I live very near to J25 off M1

You sound like such a good mummy. You have obviously taken to it like a duck to water!

Aw thank you :)

I admit it does feel like second nature to me, I've always been good with kids and often said I was a mummy in waiting lol.

It helps that I've got such a content and happy baby though lol - I'm very lucky!!

Hi Everyone,

Hey hun.

I had a bmi of 39 i think, i gave birth naturally with just gas and air. Not once was i told my weight would affect how i gave birth, obviously for some it can but i think they have much higher bmi? Or just extremely unhealthy (even skinny people can be unhealthy).

Good luck hun x

Congrats on Ryder's arrival Sarah! :hugs:

Welcome Booklover!

Ben is still in NICU. I am pumping a lot of milk, and they are feeding it but he is still not gaining weight, so they have added fortifier to my breast milk to tube feed him. I am trying to nurse him but he is sleepy a lot of the time and so I am lucky to get one good feeding in a day and they tube feed him the rest. He is able to keep his own temp now, and he's off phototherapy for now. He only needed it for 2 days. If he can keep his temp up for the next few days they will move him to an open bassinette.

I go back to class tomorrow, fortunately it's just down the hall from the NICU tomorrow, so I can pop in to pump milk during the breaks and hold him during lunch. I will get to see him at 5pm. Then the 23rd I go back to my clinicals. It's going to be a challenging couple of weeks!

Congrats on Ryder's arrival Sarah! :hugs:

Welcome Booklover!

Ben is still in NICU. I am pumping a lot of milk, and they are feeding it but he is still not gaining weight, so they have added fortifier to my breast milk to tube feed him. I am trying to nurse him but he is sleepy a lot of the time and so I am lucky to get one good feeding in a day and they tube feed him the rest. He is able to keep his own temp now, and he's off phototherapy for now. He only needed it for 2 days. If he can keep his temp up for the next few days they will move him to an open bassinette.

I go back to class tomorrow, fortunately it's just down the hall from the NICU tomorrow, so I can pop in to pump milk during the breaks and hold him during lunch. I will get to see him at 5pm. Then the 23rd I go back to my clinicals. It's going to be a challenging couple of weeks!

It sounds like Ben is a little fighter love! Glad to hear that things are slowly improving, I just hope that he starts to put weight on.

He is lucky to have such a dedicated mummy as you - all that pumping must be such hard work, you should be very proud of yourself xxx

Hi ladies! How are we all today?

My mum and dad came over on Sunday afternoon and went home yesterday, it was so nice for them to spend some quality time with Fran.

Mum and I took her swimming yesterday for the first time - I think she quite liked it! When I bath her I always lean her across my arm with my hand under her arm pit and let her kick her legs out behind her and she kept wanting to do that in the pool! She was absolutely exhausted afterwards though bless her and flaked out before I even laid her on the changing table lol.

We are finally having our new boiler fitted - the pump for the central heating had conked out and the one for the hot water was on it's way - they started yesterday and hopefully should be finished by the end of today!! Even thought it's been warmer in the day it's been getting a little chilly at night so it will be nice to have warm rooms again. We have a halogen heater but obviously can only use it in one room at a time lol!

I hope this nice weather lasts for a while, DH has got a couple of weeks off starting when he finishes work on Thursday. We want to take Fran out for lots of walks and fresh air.

I hope you are all having a lovely day xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->