Any big momma's out there?

You're right it is ridiculous that Evans dont do maternity range however i do wonder how expensive they'd be coz evans do, to me, charge over the odds for larger size clothes. Some stores i know you can ring up to order a size in to try on and see how whether it fits or looks nice. I have found that leggings seem to be the comfiest and as the weather's getting hotter they seem to be keeping me relatively cool, i either wear them with my tops or under a dress coz i find that the dresses ride up when i sit down and i do not want to flash next week's washing at anyone lol. You might find for tops that you dont need many maternity tops per se, ive got a lot of tops that are sort of fluted at the bottom so fit lovely round the bust and then show off my bump lovely. The top in my avatar is just a sainsbury's top but its been more trousers ive really needed coz like you say bigbetty they start digging in your tummy. I havent yet bought any maternity pyjamas but have invested in a few long maternity nighties and theyre VERY comfy. I find the non maternity jersey, stretchy bottoms are very comfy if i buy them in a larger size or failing that i just now roll them down under my bump coz well there's only hubby going to see it lol.

Oh my friend really rates H&M for their maternity range but also says that their summer dresses, the stretchy ones are really lovely too with a strappy top underneath and i must say she did look lovely in one on Friday, you know they type i mean, like the beach dresses that have a stretchy boob area. And ive seen some similar ones in Matalan that are nice bright coloured tops that im going to have a look at next weekend

You're right it is ridiculous that Evans dont do maternity range however i do wonder how expensive they'd be coz evans do, to me, charge over the odds for larger size clothes. Some stores i know you can ring up to order a size in to try on and see how whether it fits or looks nice. I have found that leggings seem to be the comfiest and as the weather's getting hotter they seem to be keeping me relatively cool, i either wear them with my tops or under a dress coz i find that the dresses ride up when i sit down and i do not want to flash next week's washing at anyone lol. You might find for tops that you dont need many maternity tops per se, ive got a lot of tops that are sort of fluted at the bottom so fit lovely round the bust and then show off my bump lovely. The top in my avatar is just a sainsbury's top but its been more trousers ive really needed coz like you say bigbetty they start digging in your tummy. I havent yet bought any maternity pyjamas but have invested in a few long maternity nighties and theyre VERY comfy. I find the non maternity jersey, stretchy bottoms are very comfy if i buy them in a larger size or failing that i just now roll them down under my bump coz well there's only hubby going to see it lol.

Oh my friend really rates H&M for their maternity range but also says that their summer dresses, the stretchy ones are really lovely too with a strappy top underneath and i must say she did look lovely in one on Friday, you know they type i mean, like the beach dresses that have a stretchy boob area. And ive seen some similar ones in Matalan that are nice bright coloured tops that im going to have a look at next weekend

Asda do some realy realy nice nice summer dresses with the streatchy bit around the bust or just under it that have a lot of give. I got some for my holiday with a bump in mind. There sizes go right up aswell.

I rate new looks leggins, they come up realy high so would quilify as over the bump ones and they have a lot of give in the waistband.

Evans did do a maternity range, I think it was last year. It didnt last long though. I keep checking on ebay to see if any of it pops up. Years and years ago they also did one. I suspect they try and keep the collection "upto date" rather than having some good simple basics that they can keep in stock.

Simply be do maternity upto a 30 I think. It doesnt deliver over here but I bought some trousers off ebay which are great! Im usually a 24, but the 22's are plenty big enough for me with loads of growing room. Ill be switching overto them soon as my normal trousers are starting to get a little snug.

I'm a PBBW (pregnant big beautiful woman) and proud :D
I've had my fare share of nasty comments and dirty looks over the years, but i just ignore it :)
xXx

Can any one recomend anywhere to get over the bump jeans from?

Hey i just bought these

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/South-Bootcu...&pt=Women_s_Clothing&var=&hash=item92af0b5641

Brand new from littlewoods clearance shop!! bargain. I also purchased over the bump trousers from next and they are fabby, I could wear them the rest of my pregnancy, just love them!!!

You would think they would do a range of basic maternity wear? Jeans, black trousers, a few t-shirts.

Stupid, they would be on to a good market.

Im hoping for my results from my glucose test today. I know Ive got gestational diabetes again so its just to see how bad it is at the moment. Whats making me most nervous is that if the results are really high its into hospital for 2 days of monitoring. Hubby would need to take 2 days off work to look after our toddler as we dont have anyone here. Im hoping home monitoring will be enough.

On the plus side hubby pointed out that Im starting to show already! Just means the top of the B is sticking out more than ever :haha:

I'm a PBBW (pregnant big beautiful woman) and proud :D
I've had my fare share of nasty comments and dirty looks over the years, but i just ignore it :)
xXx

I've had my fair share of unpleasant comments too, usually from stupid drunks after a night out (sooo predictable lol)

I just tell them I would rather be fat with a decent personality than thin, ugly and a complete prick - and at least I can diet :happydance:

Thats whaat i say betty. I can go on a diet and loose weight but your allways going to be a wanker :D

Im lucky because i mostly live in leggins but now and then i put some jeans on. If most are on the big size i might try mothercare, they go up to a 20 i think.

Its stupid, do they not think that big women get pregnant? You would have thought that evans would do a maternity range.

Next over the bump maternity jeans are big sized Im normally a 22/24 and I only need an 18's in them. They are so comfy and I've had them since being about 15 weeks :)

Im so pleased! I got the results of my glucose test from Friday. The morning level was higher than it should be but the hour and 2 hour results after the glucose were well below the limits! :happydance:

Ill get an appointment tomorrow and will be doing home monitoring. I think I have to have another glucose test at 28 weeks but so far so good! :thumbup:

Hi girls! Had my booking in appt with midwife today and she was really positive - will have midwife led care unless the glucose tolerance test comes back that I need a consultant. She used the term 'weighty' to describe me, which I liked, and said to eat as I normally do... lovely lady!

Hi girls! Had my booking in appt with midwife today and she was really positive - will have midwife led care unless the glucose tolerance test comes back that I need a consultant. She used the term 'weighty' to describe me, which I liked, and said to eat as I normally do... lovely lady!

Glad to hear of such a positive experience :happydance:

My midwife dident say anything about me weight apart from id need to see a consultant and have the GGT at 24 weeks. Shall have to wait and see what she says at my 16 week app.

Mine hasn't either. Am consultant led so saw a consultant at 16 weeks. He didn't say anything either just need to see anerthatis(sp?) to check my back I think in case I need a epidural. And I have to have a growth scan at 30 something weeks. Next appoint is with midwife at 24 weeks.

Its stupid, just because were overwight they assume we eat nothing but crap.

I know a girl who is a size 10 and lived off nothing but macdonals, kfc and chocolate.

I haven't had any horrid comments about what I eat. Prob encouraged to eat really! What baby wants etc. But I try to eat as normal If I want something extra I will have it. Don't care what people say.

I'm 'obese' at size 18 and 5'6 but all is well. My BMI was only 18 with my first child and now is almost double that! I was terrified that the midwife or consultant would lecture me but the midwife is bigger than me and the consultant is 'rubenesque'!! I eat healthily (vegan) and try to keep active, funnily enough I have barely gained any weight and am almost halfway. Would be cool to swap notes of anyone would like? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->